Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    We had better fix it and we will. Now, if you don't like that, you're free to move to Mexico or something.
    Uh, no.

If you want to use american taxpayer money to help people, then you should help american taxpayers.

If you want to help people in Syria, then you can go ahead and do so.

Why should your opinion override mine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Just keep falling for the same lies again and again, keep electing the same swine again and again, keep sending your sons and daughters to die for the same war profiteers and the same military industrial complex again and again. When you tell a lie enough, even if its completely ridiculous, the idiots will begin to believe it.
    Nothing will stop the downfall of the West in the coming years. These proxy wars and regime changes are a last ditched attempt of maintaining an Empire dominated by USA, Britain and France. Remember the last time Empires faced off when they were about to fall? We got the Great War. Remember when Rome fell? We had the Dark Ages. This time it will be both, it will a constant state of war, there will be no electricity after the power plants are rendered useless by EMP's, there will be no food because of the nuclear winter and humanity will die...

Keep believing there lies, good sheep.
    Sooooooooooo

You're totally cool with a country slaughtering and gassing its own civilians?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    Call me cold blooded or a terrible person if you want. I wish we would just nuke that entire region off the face of the planet and dare somebody to say something. You want to know why the United States was so effective in the first two world wars? Our military commanders were ruthless and used whatever tactics necessary to break people. I had a relative who told me a story about how they used to get information from Islamic extremists. They would dig holes and put them at the bottom and threaten to put a bullet in their skull followed by being drenched in pigs blood. Needless to say they got all the answers they were looking for and more.
    1. That story about the pig blood (and presumably General Pershing) is a proven "hoax/myth."
    2. Yeah, you're essentially an idiot if you think nuking the entire region would be in ANYONE's interests.
    3. Feel free to not pollute this thread with your blatantly asinine opinions ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just keep falling for the same lies again and again, keep electing the same swine again and again, keep sending your sons and daughters to die for the same war profiteers and the same military industrial complex again and again. When you tell a lie enough, even if its completely ridiculous, the idiots will begin to believe it.
    Nothing will stop the downfall of the West in the coming years. These proxy wars and regime changes are a last ditched attempt of maintaining an Empire dominated by USA, Britain and France. Remember the last time Empires faced off when they were about to fall? We got the Great War. Remember when Rome fell? We had the Dark Ages. This time it will be both, it will a constant state of war, there will be no electricity after the power plants are rendered useless by EMP's, there will be no food because of the nuclear winter and humanity will die...

Definitely sounds like you're one of those huge believers of conspiracy...Except that in your post is riddled with inadequate statements. We know for a fact that Assad has Chemical weapons, we know hes been mass murdering untold amounts of citizens..So when i read your post all i see is ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    Uh, no.

If you want to use american taxpayer money to help people, then you should help american taxpayers.

Because mine is shared by the vast majority of elected representatives, including the President, who are representatives of the people who elect those who run this mighty Republic as well as the fact that the majority of the people decide the General Will.

10+ Year Old Account

What is it like to live in constant fear?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, no.

And what if enough of those American's want their tax money used to aid those in more dire need?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And what if enough of those American's want their tax money used to aid those in more dire need?
    ^

This.

I remember a poll back in May showing that 48% of Americans favored military intervention while 74% favored civilian/humanitarian aid.

The numbers are probably trending closer to ~55%-60% of Americans favoring military intervention now, especially with the revelation of chemical weapons being almost in play.

Deleted
    Exactly. More people who share my sentiments with regards to this, how refreshing. I'm tired of the quasi-intellectuals who wander these forums who still haven't shed the naivety of their sheltered lives.
    It's nice to see there is somebody else out there who thinks these peoples lives are worth something. I don't see how anyone here can make it through their entire life and think these people in Syria just deserve to die because they were born in the wrong country? Watch the reports and see as people scramble from the wreckage of their homes screaming and pleading for the US, UK and NATO to please save them from their president.

Keep using the correct form of their.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're saying that people being gassed and killed is less important then a bum on a street? Sorry that sounds harsh but its true. We as humans have an essential duty to stop acts of evil like what assad is doing. If you truly dont want to go to war then go to another country who doesn't want to support in foreign issues.

1. No one is sending me to die for anything, I'm enlisting (or OCS out of University) to be a bulwark of liberty for the oppressed.
    And a lot of people will mock you for this, but I will not. I can respect your views and values, and I admire your selfless nature.

But the fact remains that not everyone joins the armed forces to help the world, in fact I think it's safe to say that most people join the armed forces of any given country so they can help that country and it's people. If you want to focus your efforts on the rest of the world, there are better ways--ways--ways that allow you to help the middle-east without forcing other people along for the ride when they enlisted to help the U.S.

3. Simply because the government was wrong regarding WMDs in Iraq does not mean we should ignore the plight of fellow humans in Syria who are experiencing a systematic genocide right now. Wake up.
    It still doesn't make it our responsibility to intervene.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had better fix it and we will. Now, if you don't like that, you're free to move to Mexico or something.
    This is, by far, the most tired and overused argument I have ever seen in the political sphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. That story about the pig blood (and presumably General Pershing) is a proven "hoax/myth."
    2. Yeah, you're essentially an idiot if you think nuking the entire region would be in ANYONE's interests.
    3. Feel free to not pollute this thread with your blatantly asinine opinions ever again.
    You can belittle my opinion all you want. It does not make it any less valid than the one that you hold. On a more personal note my elders have never lied to me about anything that happened to them in the military so I am inclined to believe what I was told. There are some people who can look you dead in the face and tell you the Holocaust was a lie. Does that mean it was a "myth and a hoax"?

10+ Year Old Account
    And a lot of people will mock you for this, but I will not. I can respect your views and values, and I admire your selfless nature.

But the fact remains that not everyone joins the armed forces to help the world, in fact I think it's safe to say that most people join the armed forces of any given country so they can help that country and it's people. If you want to focus your efforts on the rest of the world, there are better ways--ways--ways that allow you to help the middle-east without forcing other people along for the ride when they enlisted to help the U.S.

It still doesn't make it our responsibility to intervene.
    I doubt you've ever known many U.S. servicemembers in that case because I have genuinely known hundreds from all branches. Many of them state that one of their most gratifying experiences, especially those who are veterans of Iraq, was to help the people there.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 06:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    You can belittle my opinion all you want. It does not make it any less valid than the one that you hold. On a more personal note my elders have never lied to me about anything that happened to them in the military so I am inclined to believe what I was told. There are some people who can look you dead in the face and tell you the Holocaust was a lie. Does that mean it was a "myth and a hoax"?
    That's nice and all about how you think your elders would never lie, but biographers have interviewed Pershing's personal assistants, life-long lieutenants, family members, etc, and it was not in the man's nature and nor was it ever confirmed to have been done. Also, you defeat your own argument: how do you know that your family members/elders aren't the type of people who would deny the Holocaust without blinking? Rofl.

Then too bad for them. They have neighbors who are starving, coworkers who can't afford medicine, and family members getting gunned down by the mexican cartels on the border. Get your priorities straight. If you refuse to look out for your own, who the hell is going to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    You're saying that people being gassed and killed is less important then a bum on a street? Sorry that sounds harsh but its true. We as humans have an essential duty to stop acts of evil like what assad is doing. If you truly dont want to go to war then go to another country who doesn't want to support in foreign issues.
    ^ This x100000.

I doubt you've ever known many U.S. servicemembers in that case because I have genuinely known hundreds from all branches. Many of them state that one of their most gratifying experiences, especially those who are veterans of Iraq, was to help the people there.
    Literally half the men in my family (big, big family) either were or are currently in the armed forces. Of course helping the people in those shitholes is the highlight of their day, but not a single one of them that I asked said we shouldn't spend more money on our own people.

Deleted
    people in those shitholes
    Nice to see some respect to other cultures. Are all the members of this "Big family" of yours so blatantly racist and ignorant?
    Last edited by mmoc956d90a608; 2012-12-06 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Sooooooooooo

You're totally cool with a country slaughtering and gassing its own civilians?
    Who are the rebels? Who arms them? Who trains them? How ate they able to take on an organised military like syria? It's taking too long is why the west will intervene. It's got nothing to do with saving innocents. It's the last step before Iran.

The rebellion was instigated and fuelled by the west. Otherwise it should have been over almost as soon as it started. As a final note both sides are guilty of atrocities. There is no good guy here. Just see this war for what it is rather than blindly consume the lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally half the men in my family (big, big family) either were or are currently in the armed forces. Of course helping the people in those shitholes is the highlight of their day, but not a single one of them that I asked said we shouldn't spend more money on our own people.
    That's nice, but your sample size is awfully small, not to mention you run the risk of disregarding the fact that everyone brought up in your "extended family" may be raised with certain predispositions growing up.

In general, however, the military is composed of multitudes of selfless individuals who pray for another chance to liberate another people. Think I'm joking?

"Pray for war." - Sgt. Hartman, FMJ.