Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    This wont work, unless having four healers somehow prevents you from being hit by 3x400k simultaneously.
    one of the overloads will be reduced.
    And no, they wont go off at the same time.(you are allowed to wait with moving the alone dog)
    With 4 healers you have plenty of raid cooldowns to rotate along with personals and tank cooldowns.

I havent tried it, but have had 2 overloads go off pretty simultaneously and wasnt a wipe.

Im obvs talking about normal ^^
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2012-12-06 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    Only a few times due to player incompetence, a lot due to me failing to taunt properly (long days at work and needing to pay attention doesn't go down well with me). Really you just have the tank with 1 add to do the rotating and just shout get ready then taunt. You taunt the one thats needed, the 2 mob tank takes the one of you. Only one tank needs to know the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuupe123 View Post
    i mean holy hell my guild has wiped countless times now. each week we have a new tank so that doesnt help. is it just us or is everyone else having problems?
    its a tank fight.. your tanks need to perform near flawlessly on stone guards or you get extra damage.. bringing in a new tank each week is only causing you more headache as the hardest part of the fight must be learned by a new individual. you have 2 choices.. get steadier tanks who show up (maybe a dependable dps can reroll tank) or wait tilll your group gets better gear to make up for mistakes that happen. (sha, LFR, crafted gear)

It's a tank communication fight. If your tanks don't know each other, it's a headache. If your tanks are comfortable with each other and know each other well, it's a one-shot.

You need at least one tank to know what to do and have him call the taunts. Once that mechanic is covered it's up to the rest of the raid to not stand in the poop, stack and dps the correct guardian.

For us, a casul/social guild, we wiped 11 times before getting our first kill, then one shot him the following week. Once you get comfortable with the taunt/swap mechanic, it's actually not bad. Keep at it, you'll get it.

We had 10 wipes on normal first week (no one knew the fight at all except me), and 92 wipes on heroic on the second week because it was just multiple levels of brutal above normal that we weren't used to for a very long time.

If you are doing the two taunt swap thing, I suggest just using one tank to taunt the mob with lowest energy after every overload (but not if he has two dogs, one is overloading, and one just overloaded) - it is a lot better than coordinating a two taunt swap every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyoken View Post
    If you are doing the two taunt swap thing, I suggest just using one tank to taunt the mob with lowest energy after every overload (but not if he has two dogs, one is overloading, and one just overloaded) - it is a lot better than coordinating a two taunt swap every time.
    I fail to see how there needs to be a high degree of organisation each swap. The tank with 2 dogs only needs to know when to taunt, every time he will have to taunt the dog he isn't tank. The 1 dog tank is the one that needs to pay attention and call for the taunts, and only he needs to make the decision of dog A or B.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen09 View Post
    Stone Guard is all about the tanks knowing what to do and for the rest not to stand in the wrong place.
    This. Your tanks absolutely need to be on the ball, else you're in for bag of fun.

A lot with bad combos like Chains/Pools/Mines.

Get an eazy combo, 1 shot it.

Were not a serious progression guild though. Still 4/6 working on first boss in HoF. Don't have the dps to kill elegon yet.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

2 Times, i never understood all the posts of "this is so hard"

The fight is 90% on the tanks. If you are constantly failing it is the tanks' faults.

probably a good 10-15 times... but then people gave up and we never went back to raiding.
    It's just a game.

the first two bosses are mainly a tanks game. if they learn to properly manage the dogs to reduce the AOE energy charging and properly (and properly time) the shield or zap the 2nd boss, it isnt so much trouble.

not to say that dps/healers dont have a role but its mainly about standing in the right place or not standing in the bad places. While what the tanks do (or fail to) can save or wipe the raid (outside of the norm)

also for the 3 dogs. certain people have trouble dealing with the fact tat there can be different dog combinations each week. that fixed inertia doesnt settle as easy.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2012-12-06 at 05:06 PM.

normal around 25, first 2 nights was pugs (firstw eek of MSV), got a guild up and running with a team (so late of patch by now), and we like 6 shot it lol.
    Same guild 3 shot heroic...

Fight itself is laughable after the first kill, as long as tanks never mess up. 1 wrong taunt can end it i.m.o. What u failing too... healers oom? if so what life are the dogs on, 50%+? whats dps pulling, like no info to go by dosen't help, if healers are never oom and both pull 30-50khps (assuming 2 heal) and all dps do 50k+, i'd say its a tank issue with dogs overloading or what not. Do a world of logs, link it, get some help = kill ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    When we had an Off tank that knew what the f*** he was doing, we can one shot it. But it seems that we always manage to find the few guys who aren't even aware of what planet they are on...

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    I fail to see how there needs to be a high degree of organisation each swap. The tank with 2 dogs only needs to know when to taunt, every time he will have to taunt the dog he isn't tank. The 1 dog tank is the one that needs to pay attention and call for the taunts, and only he needs to make the decision of dog A or B.
    There is not, but there is no reason to have a double taunt when you can just do the single. I don't know what strat the OP used, that's why I said "if". I also never said a double taunt required a -high- degree of organization either (in fact both forms of taunting require little organization), but two taunts is flat out more organization than one.

Stone Guard is for some reason a pain in the ass for my guild. We're 6/6 2/6 at the moment, and we always wipe on stone gaurd a few times. Last night we wiped to it 5 times, and then one shot the rest of MSV effortlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddps View Post
    2 Times, i never understood all the posts of "this is so hard"
    because you didn't solo the boss .. it means that you have a "competent" group of raiders that you support and that support you.. its not hard to understand.. it takes a group of players just like you to succeed if you have one or two that struggle. it changes the whole outcome of your raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal mode: 74.
    Heroic Mode: Heroic? Pfft, we haven't cleared Gara'jal.

<Casual Bonanza> is now recruiting...
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.