Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    They need to make Sha touched weapons affect every class and not just priests. (And monks?)
    What's it do for monks then?

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    What's it do for monks then?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Gao rei, staff of the legendary protector. makes xuen turn into a sha and cost no gcd for monks
    /10chars..

I heard that the fist weapon turns your arms sha-corrupted, that's unconfirmed though.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I heard that they increase your dps. Isn't that awesome!

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

i want a sha pet for unholy dk
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Only in Dread Wastes?

Are you sure this isn't the Klaxxi buff from Paragons?
    How about you go and read the tooltip?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    my paladin wants sha wings

fuck you blizzard with your bias
    So what if Priests and Monks get 1 nice thing this tier? As someone above me said there was the stave for Feral cats, there were the legendary daggers last tier for Rogues (wings! ), casters had Dragonwrath flight form from their legendary. Warlocks (as we know) are getting green fire.

They're obviously baking in little things for all specs over time. I see it as the Sha are gradually corrupting all the specs. With Monks close to the land and emotions and Priests (yes even the healy ones) and Warlocks utilising dark energies, they're first. I can see Druids and Shaman coming soon after (sha touched forms and totems?) being close to nature and DKs with their own demonic uses. Since Paladins are supposedly highly resistant to corruption they'll be much later, but I can see it happening. Not sure how they'll touch on Hunters, Rogues, Mages and Warriors.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Can anyone provide pictures for these sha effects? I've seen the priest one before but this is the first I'm hearing of the monk one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I heard that they increase your dps. Isn't that awesome!
    dps? meh!

half the reason to make shadowmourne was purple swirlies!

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I can see Druids and Shaman coming soon after (sha touched forms and totems?) being close to nature and DKs with their own demonic uses. Since Paladins are supposedly highly resistant to corruption they'll be much later, but I can see it happening. Not sure how they'll touch on Hunters, Rogues, Mages and Warriors.
    Paladins could get sha-corrupted guardian as it's isn't related to corruption of the character itself.

The normal Gaorei definitely does not change Xuen.

Not nice to troll people

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    The normal Gaorei definitely does not change Xuen.

Not nice to troll people
    you have to have the gem in to make the effects happen if they do indeed happen
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringko View Post
    /10chars..
    Totally blanked that one ... thanks.

I know the priest one is real but people have been making shit up about these weapons in every topic posted about them, so I refuse to believe anything else (such as for Monks) until someone posts pictures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Warlocks (as we know) are getting green fire.
    Yeah, I can't wait to see what warlocks get after waiting another 8 years, maybe they'll let us change the colour of our imp!

But yeah, I'd rather they add things where fitting, not try and shoehorn in something for everyone - the fire-cat staff was really cool, as is this sha thing. Giving one class something cool every now and again is better than everyone getting some "forced" feeling cosmetic doodad each tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you have to have the gem in to make the effects happen if they do indeed happen
    Nothing happens with or without a gem, the only class that gets something are priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    First I should retract a part of my statement; it seems only the mace from empress has the tooltip stating a 10% movement speed buff while in Dread Wastes.

As for your comment, supposedly the mace (and if wowhead is correct, the staff from ToES) grant a buff calledSwarmkeeper's Speed while in the Dread Wastes, which increases movement speed by 10%. The equip effect on the mace is
    That's weird...
    It'd be interesting if the other weapons each had a zone to themselves or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why priest (and unconfirmed monk) sha effects?

I will quote an amazing post by MMOC priest expert :

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Let me try to field this one.

Warlock themes, are to do with demons (specifically, the burning legion), fel magic (a breed of magic stemming in power from the burning legion), and a mastery of high-form magic (teleportation, pyromancy, etc) and in the case of affliction - they deal specifcially in spreading afflictions. The important thing to note, especcially in the case of Affliction (as it is the closest point of thematic overlap) is that Corruption or Unstable Affliction or Malefic Grasp or Drain Life / Soul - all of these are based in manifesting something essentially physical from the ether (Corrupting a target or afflicting them, draining them, grasping them, etc).

Destruction - being probably the furthest thematically from Shadow - is more akin to a Sorcerous Pyromancer - they are something along the lines of Fire Mages who - in their quest for still greater power - have begun dabbling in black magic. Demonology warlocks are very specifically thematically associated with the Burning Legion connection that warlocks all share - they transform into demons, they summon and command more powerful demons. The Affliction warlock is the closest thematically to a Warlock proper - but they are a far, far cry from being a Shadowpriest: what do I mean by a Shadowpriest then?

A Shadowpriest is, first and foremost, a Priest. We all began as priests - but - though our individual stories may differ - we became fascinated with the opposite of the Light. If "Know Your Enemy" is the first rule of war, Priests - who normally studiously study the Light - became a little too interested in the absence of light. That is why we are called "Shadow" priests, we are those priests who eschewed the light as we came to recognize that the true power to achieve our means came from knowing both sides of the coin, and then - when we have fully fallen - to going to whatever means necessary to achieve our ends. If you have heard the expression "When all you have is a hammer, every problem is a nail" - well, Shadowpriests were Priests, then Priests who knew Shadow magic, and then priests who decided the best way to heal their friends was to speak the word "Death" to those that would harm them (as a hammer to a defiant nail).

If you look at the spell set of the Spriest in particular (but also Priests in general) the power of the mind over the mind is far more important to us than the manipulation or manifestation of physical realities. We don't summon fire or demons or ice or teleport - all things I previously called high-form magic. All our spells deal with control over the mind - either ours or our opponents. Read these spell names out loud and think about the difference between a spell which manifests something physical (like a Chaos Bolt being a giant ball of fire) and something which is purely an abstraction of the mind:

Psychic Scream, Horror, Psyfiend
    Mind Flay, Blast, Control, Bender
    Silence, Shadow Word: Pain, Shadow Word: Death, Power Word: Shield

If I speak the word Pain, you feel it. If I say the word Death - and you are in a weakened state - you die - I didn't hit you in the face with a 12 foot sword, or immolate you in a wave of otherworldly fire - I merely told you that you were dead, and you believed me and stopped pumping your heart. Even spells like Inner Fire are a common reference to strong Willpower.

Ok, so shadowpriests are priests, who are particularly invested in the powers of the mind over itself and others - but what does this have to do with the Sha? The Sha are physical manifestations of emotions, in a very big and important way - a Sha is not actually there when you fight it - it's a construct - an idea - in your mind. It doesn't have internal organs, mama Sha's don't give birth to baby Sha's, Sha's do not die of old age. A priest - but a shadowpriest in particular - would have special interest in the ability of emotions to control, terrify, or empower their allies. The Sha of Anger, or Fear, or Despair - these are all manifestations of your mind: they are not demons. They are not even really high-form magic - but as you point out - they are something deeper, often more sinister but subtle. If a priest flays your mind, we do not whip out an egg beater and stir your brains around into mush - we discombobulate your thoughts (the flaying is metaphorical). Everything that a Spriest does, and everything that a Sha does - are fundamentally similar - we insert or subtract thoughts from your mind, we strip your will, we emit dread: but we don't throw fireballs or summon demons or huck fistfuls of virus and diseases at you.

The void - in wow lore or any other that I can think of - has Zero to do with wow-style warlocks. By its very definition, the Void is an absence - in WoW's case - of the Light. It is why we ourselves appear as nothing but a Shadow cast over anything we stand before, it is why our pets are similarly voids of light - fiends without physical form. Void tendrils aren't physical objects (despite Blizzards balance-based choice to make them punchable - presumably this represents mental struggle). Even the ability Void Shift - makes our health pools the opposite, just as we are opposite - antithesis of the Light. The idea of Void has infinitely more to do with Light than it does with Demonology, or Affliction, or Destruction - Void is practically a synonym for Shadow.

Now, if you wanted to talk about thematic overlap - the warlock spell Fear makes no sense for warlocks to have - that should be a priest spell. Conversely, Devouring Plague should be an Affliction spell - we spriests don't really have anything to do with diseases and plagues, that's warlock thing. I can explain why we have DP however, originally - DP was an Undead Priest-only spell (and it makes tons of sense for the Undead to have Devouring Plague), but then when it was overpowered - Blizzard gave it to all priests - then when they redesigned our class - they made it our finisher.

So, if you like - we can talk to the GMs and see if they will exchange Fear for Devouring Plague - on the grounds that it makes more sense thematically

Edit: Also would just like to point out, that Sha very clearly is a shortening of the word Shadow. As in Shadow of Anger, Shadow of Fear, Shadow of Despair - supported not only by their lore / stories / things they say - but also by the fact that they are giant swirling formless shadows. Also, when you get very close to a Sha - your world becomes grey and colourless - as though there wasn't very much Light present. The idea of the world becoming grey is also a common euphemism for severe depression (a psychological, but not physical - condition).

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

You want effects for your weapons too?

You should feel lucky, Rogues only got a (very slightly) reskinned version of a dungeon blue weapon for their Sha-Touched weapon
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Doesnt do anything for Monks Xuen, think i would have noticed as i got lfr staff last week and normal this week, still a blue lightning tiger of awesomeness.