Thread: Holy Power

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoric View Post
    I don't think Holy Power has been a remotely bad thing.

Inquisition, now, that's a piece of design I'm not fond of...
    I agree. Inquisition would feel much better as Proc or something that comes up when we use finishing moves or something.

Haha, the good old Vanilla one shot spec? Reckfull(Is this the name of the prot talent?) + SoC = hope for a proc that procs from the proc after the proc.

But for real - We had NOTHING to do before. In Vanilla we only had Judgement and Seal swapping. TBC we got CS, woho:P 3 things to use, and even Exo and Holy Wrath against UD!
    WotLK we finaly got some sort of "rotation", FCFS (First Come, First Serve) where we could litterly pull some dps by facerolling trough the raid.. But everyone could tell a casual from a good ret tbh. Those Blessing of Protection and how those where used for instance. But the dps difference wasnt all that huge.
    In Cata and HoPo we finaly got something similar to a true rotation: Build up HoPo, pop Inq, Build up HoPo etc etc

So the spot we're in now, is (in my opininon) the best spot we've been in. We're not just facerolling. BUT we rely way to much on CDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

The only thing I don't like on my 2 pallies is Inquisition.
    The only thing I miss from old times is the First crusader strike icon. The one we had when the new talents applied, before the release of BC.
    Oh, and the seal of crusader activation animation. "The middle finger".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIHEzS7UdDM

Holy power took some getting used to.

It wasn't great, but its better now that they've added in the "storage tank" from Boundless conviction helped out the mechanic a ton.

However I do wish they made mana a little more relevant to ret and prot. I may be playing a monk and a rouge a little too much, but it would be nice for mana to be used as a resource like energy without mana for paladins becoming "energy".

Quote Originally Posted by St1ckman View Post
    Holy power took some getting used to.

It wasn't great, but its better now that they've added in the "storage tank" from Boundless conviction helped out the mechanic a ton.

However I do wish they made mana a little more relevant to ret and prot. I may be playing a monk and a rouge a little too much, but it would be nice for mana to be used as a resource like energy without mana for paladins becoming "energy".
    I think it's fine as it is, we got mana to do some second hand healing if needed
    In TBC, when we was seal swapping and all that and went oom - nightmare..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmostro View Post
    i love holy power <3
    remember those old times where you needed to apply your seal every time after a judgement? that was seriously FML
    You mean use a judgement macro that automatically resealed with one button, since judgement wasn't on the GCD?

Yeah, I remember those days, they were swell!

Quote Originally Posted by Championn View Post
    Maybe i'm just that grumpy guy who mumbles about "the good old days" but I seriously cannot stand "Holy Power". Really ruined the class for me. I miss the old Paladin, especially the old Retribution in PvP. Holy Power is poop IMO. Really wish they took it out.
    I like Holy Power, but it led to a big revamp that kept the class spinning it's wheels for several years. Ret, especially still feels like it's an expansion behind. I mean our big buff for MoP was a snare lol; something every melee has had since umm... pretty much day 1 of WoW. In Cata, we stopped being the only melee with no interrupt OMG... every xpack they have so much work to do on the class that they do half of it and then give up. So, yeah, Holy Power is cool but another revamp with no real buffs was disappointing indeed.