Page 1 of 3
LastLast

RNG: gear refuses to drop - a vent post

Haven't had anything useful drop for 3 weeks straight. This is from MsV, HoF full clear both on normal and raidfinder. When will this bad luck end...

our lock and monk heals, who both rerolled 1.5 months into the raid, is out gearing me.

What are you trying to accomplish with this post?

He knows his post is pointless - he just felt the need to communicate his frustration to the anonymous masses. Hence he called it a vent post.

What you are trying to accomplish with your post appears to be the bigger mystery.

@Nekked: I never get anything either. Does that alleviate the pain a little bit maybe, on a completely irrational level?

Deleted
    Had this problem too start of MoP when I was running 10-man 4 weeks into MoP and still had a blue weapon at that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel your pain

15+ Year Old Account
    I recieved 1 item from lfr, one item from sha (pvp gloves) so far.

I know one person, who got EVERYTHING he needs from EVERY lfr boss in max 2 runs.

all people are treated equal in lfr with loot. it just seems, some are treated more equal than others. we are in the "others" group, apparently.

Deleted
    Just three weeks? That's nothing. Try going months without a single useful raid drop. In FL, we were doing Rag 10hc progression with half the raid stacked in heroic gear and the rest stuck in normal mode gear, because the drops and tokens were always the same. The half who got the gear even had their off specs decked in heroic gear, and we were DE'ing valuable drops that were zero used to anybody.

Trust me, that was misery. Three weeks is nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffwarWoW View Post
    I feel your pain
    howwwwwww can you feel someone elses pain

don't you raid 25 man you devil

10m loot RNG is awesome.

Yesterday I received 5 (!!) items, among which 3 heroic loots (one from each boss)............ For my offspec. Would have been 7 items if our hunter didn't need the agi trinket and neck that dropped :P

Meanwhile, I haven't seen anything useful drop for my mainspec in 3 weeks. If the RNG keeps this up, my offspec will soon have a higher average itemlevel than my mainspec, despite not having spend any VP on it whatsoever as that all went to my MS gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    If the RNG keeps this up, my offspec will soon have a higher average itemlevel than my mainspec, despite not having spend any VP on it whatsoever as that all went to my MS gear.
    my offspec currently has the same as my main spec. I have two starshatters, because our warrior dps is smf, didn't want it, and our dk is frost. we also have it disenchanted twice already. there is currently exactly one elegion drop if I remember correctly.
    our hunter would still have a heroic dungeon weapon if it wouldn't be for LFR.

on the other side, we could've equipped around four to five priests. we basically only have spirit cloth drops. there is that occasional useful drop every now and then, but well. that's about it. funny thing is, everybody seems to have the crafted 496 gloves and some also the chest, so if something for this slot drops, most of us skip it.

but yeah, that's RNG. I don't complain. nowadays there is 2 item drops per 10 man. it used to be 2 item drops for 40 man in classic. imagine a 10 man raid, and you would only have a 50% chance to drop one item at all...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    but yeah, that's RNG. I don't complain. nowadays there is 2 item drops per 10 man. it used to be 2 item drops for 40 man in classic. imagine a 10 man raid, and you would only have a 50% chance to drop one item at all...
    I understand that my ancestors used to live in muddy huts and only had fire for warmth, but think I'm still going to complain if my apartment gets drafty and cold, with -10 C degrees outside

Deleted
    Wish i didnt needed that greenie that i didnt need.
    Karma is stalking me rewarding me with only offspec gear.

Deleted
    My paladin friend got a 2hander, he doesn't even main PvE.
    He also rolled on my HC Dungeon trinket... but meh, can't be arsed to argue with him over it since he's just weird. xD

i hear people say u need at least roll 85 or more to have a change for item.Tho i cant confirm this coz we never see what other rolls.Also for example if u play holy paladin and in raid group lfr there are 3 more holy palas and 1-2 shamans and the shield drops(u will never learn if it drops) the change to win it is low.
    Imao that loot system is good coz we avoid the ninjas but has some mistakes.We cant see what drops until we win it and we cant see our roll number.Other mistake is that many times we can loot the same item.Blizz must fix these.
    sorry for my bad english,is not my nature lanquage

i kill sha of anger every week since the second week of mop and i got the glove.
    i killed elegon 5 times and no starshatter drops.
    i did all look for raids every week and i got only "full gold runs"
    My weapon now is an upgraded Lfr Starshatter.
    it's hard for us all.

That's the satisfying thing with having more chars. Unless you're exceptionel unlucky, some of them will feel more lucky then others.
    My warlock sucks when it comes to RNG. You would think a master of dark arts could mess with such trivial things as dices, but no. He never get what he wants.
    My druid on the other hand swims in it, and get the drops he wants on first or second run. I should really raid with him again..

I hope you get some luck soon, though ^^
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamouna View Post
    i hear people say u need at least roll 85 or more to have a change for item.Tho i cant confirm this coz we never see what other rolls.Also for example if u play holy paladin and in raid group lfr there are 3 more holy palas and 1-2 shamans and the shield drops(u will never learn if it drops) the change to win it is low.
    Imao that loot system is good coz we avoid the ninjas but has some mistakes.We cant see what drops until we win it and we cant see our roll number.Other mistake is that many times we can loot the same item.Blizz must fix these.
    The shield doesn't drop and then go to anyone. It's not a hidden version of the previous LFR loot system (like loot in a normal group). Everyone has an independent chance to get loot. Every single one of those shield users has the same chance at getting the shield in that example, and anyone from 0 to all 5 of them could win it, based on their individual luck.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back when xmog came out in 4.3, I decided I wanted to get the T4 look for my Draenei Pally + Hammer of the Naaru, since they would really make him look about as close to the BC opening cinematic. Everything went fine, most piece, including the off-set pieces, like the boot/belt, took ~2-5 attempts at most. Even got the Hammer off Ogre Council after half a dozen or so.

Except the glove token off of Curator. He always drops one of 3 every kill, and I was soloing up to him each time, so I never had to worry about competition, so shouldn't take too many tries, right?

It took eighteen tries for what should have been a ~33% drop rate. 18 weeks, so 4 and a half months to finally get the correct token to drop. There was a .000855% chance it would have taken that many tries, but, there ya have it.

I keep that memory around for perspective everytime I get yet another bag of gold from LFR. RNG can suck balls, and I can empathize with anyone that comes out on the sucky side for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamouna View Post
    No worries about the English, but the LFR and random roll loot tables don't work that way.

I mean I'm not totally sure about how they decide if you get loot - it very well might be a random roll that you have to hit 85 on - it's just that you're only rolling against YOURSELF.

So if you're in a raid group and there are 3 holy paladins and let's just say 15 elemental shaman each and every person has their own separate loot roll on their own separate loot table to determine if they get anything. There can be times in LFR when EVERYONE gets gold and there can be times when EVERYONE gets a piece of loot. But in no way are you competing against other players and that's the big bonus of the system, though I think that if you go in with a group you should be allowed to trade within that group - maybe not for the current tier of gear but when 5.2 comes out and this tier is now one step back then yeah, definitely make it so alts can get up to speed faster.

Really feeling it for my raid leader rolling a blue when I've had Starshatter drop 3-times for me and Shin'Ka drop twice now. But then again random loot is random.

Nothing 'drops' in LFR Palla.

You just make an automatic, invisible roll against the system. Nothing anyone else in the group does changes or affects it.

If the system decides you win, then you get a random piece from that boss's loot table that suits the class and spec you're playing at that time.

Everyone's chances are independent of each other.

I'd assume that it's entirely possible for the whole raid to win something, or for no one to win anything from any given boss.