Thread: Death Pact

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.

Death Pact

I've been advancing through fights in the Brawler's Guild as Frost, and a few fights back I realized that I was only narrowly surviving because my Death Pact wasn't going off. I kept getting "target is not bound to you" errors trying to cast it, even with both Army of the Dead and Raise Dead active. One of my friends suggested that I try a "/cast [target=Risen Ally] Death Pact" macro but it didn't work either, and another friend swears up and down he's seen DKs in the Brawler's Guild using Death Pact, citing ghoul health depleting and DK health increasing.
    Am I missing something here? Am I macroing it incorrectly? Or is it just well and truly bugged?
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe the macro is:
    /target Risen Ally
    /cast Death Pact
    /targetlasttarget

10+ Year Old Account
    Update, if I manually target the ghoul, I can cast Death Pact, but not with the targetting string I was trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    I do believe the macro is:
    /target Risen Ally
    /cast Death Pact
    /targetlasttarget
    I'll try this one out next, hopefully it'll work.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

I used to get that bug when I used the macro, but I stopped using any and just bound DP to another key (forgot why, probably because I hit it by accident on summoning to often >.>). Either way, if the above suggestion doesn't work, try it without a macro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, it worked! Thank you Omertocracy :3

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I used to get that bug when I used the macro, but I stopped using any and just bound DP to another key (forgot why, probably because I hit it by accident on summoning to often >.>). Either way, if the above suggestion doesn't work, try it without a macro.
    I tried it without a macro and it still required me to manually target the ghoul to cast. :P

This is a strange issue.

Death pact doesn't normally require you to target anything, it should just work.

I suggest you report this as a bug.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-12-06 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    I think there is something generally wrong with our pet in the arena.

Death Pact is not working unless you target Timmy directly and Unholy-specced he doesn't even get stacks of Shadow Infusion, making it impossible to transform him.

These bugs seem related to the fact that spectators could heal pets inside the arena. Maybe something about the classification. Seems like pets are technically not yours in there.