Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

People who breaks promises.

Greetings, yesterday I was really disappointed in the WoW community... Some people just don't care about other people. Well, I logged in for the first time not playing for a week and immediatly see one of the new rare NPC's in Krasarang Wilds... but the problem is that there is already two people fighting it, I really wanted that NPC kill and so I asked one of the people fighting it if I could get an invite and then I promised not to need on anything that dropped.

After we killed that one rare he dropped a trinket and one of the 250 honor points commendation things. As promised I passed on everything but I had gotten my achievement progress. After I left the group it went about five minutes and I saw them fighting a second rare! Again I asked for an invite and promised not to need on anything, I got another invite and the rare fell dead to the floor.

To my surprise, I saw for the first time that the "Blood Soaked Invite" dropped which for those who doesn't know is a really rare drop which gets you invited to the Brawlers Guild. I really wanted that item but I had promised not to need on anything, so I passed again and thanked them for the invite then left.
    After a couple of minutes I got a whisper from the guy that invited me, he told me that the other person in the group had ninja looted the "Blood Soaked Invitation" that other person had promised him to only need one of the PvP trinkets, but he didn't... He broke his promise and left the guy that was supposed to get it devestated because HE had killed dozens of those rares to get that item.

My question is... How can people blatently just break their promise and log off without even a simple explaination? Don't they realise that the person they break the promise to feels really bad rest of the day because they have then wasted hours upon hours doing the same thing just to have it stolen right infront of their nose?

Because it is a game, and ultimately it is a design flaw in the game, that it is WORSE to group up while for example fighting a rare. In my opinion, all 5 in the group (Or no matter how many was in it) should all get the invite.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFG system is to blame..

Before v3.3, your server reputation was a vauable thing, and people was kind and toughtfull.
    That changed when LFG was imlemented in v3.3, because now you can always find someone to group with, and since you'd most likely never see them again, there was no need to being nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    LFG systemis to blame..

Before v3.3, your server reputation was a vauable thing, and people was kind and toughtfull.
    That changed when LFG was imlemented in v3.3, because now youcold always findsomeone to group with, and since you'd most likely never see them again, there was no need to being nice.
    It's the internet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erthas View Post
    Greetings, yesterday I was really disappointed in the WoW community... Some people just don't care about other people. Well, I logged in for the first time not playing for a week and immediatly see one of the new rare NPC's in Krasarang Wilds... but the problem is that there is already two people fighting it, I really wanted that NPC kill and so I asked one of the people fighting it if I could get an invite and then I promised not to need on anything that dropped.

After we killed that one rare he dropped a trinket and one of the 250 honor points commendation things. As promised I passed on everything but I had gotten my achievement progress. After I left the group it went about five minutes and I saw them fighting a second rare! Again I asked for an invite and promised not to need on anything, I got another invite and the rare fell dead to the floor.

To my surprise, I saw for the first time that the "Blood Soaked Invite" dropped which for those who doesn't know is a really rare drop which gets you invited to the Brawlers Guild. I really wanted that item but I had promised not to need on anything, so I passed again and thanked them for the invite then left.
    After a couple of minutes I got a whisper from the guy that invited me, he told me that the other person in the group had ninja looted the "Blood Soaked Invitation" that other person had promised him to only need one of the PvP trinkets, but he didn't... He broke his promise and left the guy that was supposed to get it devestated because HE had killed dozens of those rares to get that item.

My question is... How can people blatently just break their promise and log off without even a simple explaination? Don't they realise that the person they break the promise to feels really bad rest of the day because they have then wasted hours upon hours doing the same thing just to have it stolen right infront of their nose?
    Short version? Because people suck.
    Longer version? Because in the western world the ideas of honour, civility, and personal responsibility have been taken to the woodshed and beaten to death by those that believe that everyone 'owes' them something just by the fact of their mere existence on this rock.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Short version? Because people suck.
    Longer version? Because in the western world the ideas of honour, civility, and personal responsibility have been taken to the woodshed and beaten to death by those that believe that everyone 'owes' them something just by the fact of their mere existence on this rock.
    That and it's the internet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

He should have master looted?

A mistake many people make is believing that other people will actually keep their word in an MMO. When in doubt, master loot.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is... How can people blatently just break their promise and log off without even a simple explaination?
    No consequences.

WoW is the Wild, Wild West. You may have all the honor and virtues in the world, but that ex-con in your group is a sociopath, and he thinks nothing about your feelings or sense of right and wrong. He can get the best drop in the game, laugh as he lied, and just change his name to something else, and get away with it.

This is why if it's randoms you don't know treat them like folks on the street you never knew. Keep your hand on your wallet and eyes peeled, and be weary of schemes.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Greetings, yesterday I was really disappointed in the WoW community... Some people just don't care about other people.[snip]
    That would be because the game is NOT designed around caring about other people. It's simply designed around competing with lots of people to get rare loot to upgrade your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just prevelent in WoW. I'm sure *Ninjas* happen in other MMO's or any online game.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't because it is the internet, it is because those people are truly jerks. Lack of consequences doesn't stop a person from doing good things, it only stops people who would do the wrong thing without such consequences. People with weak morals have weak morals in everything they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    LFG system is to blame..

That changed when LFG was imlemented in v3.3, because now you can always find someone to group with, and since you'd most likely never see them again, there was no need to being nice.
    Nice reading comprehension there. They were grouping from the same server.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    remember when we dident have LFD, LFR and so on? always had to pug via trade or freinds? remember if there wasa 1 ninja on the server, he was doomed? today, you can ninja whatever the f**ck you want, without anybody care -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why something in the game can mean so much to somebody, that they'd be willing to screw over another person.

Like last week, a guy in my guild accidentally deposited 30k into my guild bank thinking he was on his bank alt. I'm a very poor person in game, rarely having more than 10k at a time, so 30k would have been a real nice treat for me. But not even once did I hesitate or even consider taking the money for myself. I withdrew the 30k and gave it back to the guy.

People don't care about their reputation anymore. Back in the day if you ninjaed, you'd be shunned across the entire server and it'd be tough to find a group who'd accept you. Now if somebody is in trade warning about a ninja, they're trolled and barraged with insults and sarcastic remarks.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    With the new cross realm zones, isn't it possible that they could have been from a different server?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    What he means by that post is that server reputation doesn't mean anything anymore, even when grouping with people from the same server. People have gotten so used to needing on everything just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    With the new cross realm zones, isn't it possible that they could have been from a different server?
    Cross-realm zones aren't enabled in Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because sometimes things with material value are more valuable than what people think of you.

I remember I was in BWD once. Heart of Rage was an amazing trinket. ML gave it to me because I'd won the roll. I'd rolled as a joke, but actually did want it. I thought that he just didn't give a shit because he gave it to me as a tank, but minutes later asked me to give it to another player.

And I was like LOL FUCK THAT COUCH

I walked up to the player, opened trade and unplugged my router. never heard from them again.

I used the trinket for a very long time, too. Loved it. I actually killed like 6 people with it at Waterworks in a Reckstorm once. WHAT THE FUCK A WARRIOR CANT DO THAT! THEY GOT NERFD, TO THE GROUND. INCONCEIVABLE!!!

But hey

welcome to why master loot was invented.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh no someone is butthurt for one day cause someone stole his item on a video game, seriously grow up

Quote Originally Posted by Dre4m View Post
    What he means by that post is that server reputation doesn't mean anything anymore, even when grouping with people from the same server. People have gotten so used to needing on everything just because.
    It never mattered as much as people say it did. I ninjaed a blue BoE helmet in Hillsbrad 4 weeks into WoW release. Sold it for 10g (huge money back in a day). The guy was swearing at me like there's no tomorrow. Played on that server for 2 more years, didn't get a single issue. And I didn't know anyone who would actually keep track of "black list" or whatever. If anything, it was easier to harass people.

It's not as if this is solely an issue within the WoW community. People lie all the time in general.