Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's not like a promise is a sacred thing or anything..

I remember when I first started playing SwTOR, and I was a great PvPer, and I met a lot of great pvpers, and we started doing warzones and screwing around in raids, you'd have a big friend list of people who you came to know because, you saw them around on your server and you knew they were good, or your friend would recommend someone or you'd just see someone and ask them to join you. eventually you had an entire mumble filled with people. well, then the game died.

That's me rambling, I'm sure this has been said already but you don't make a promise to someone you don't know, let alone expect a random stranger to keep a promise they say. seriously, if you don't know the person, and they agree to a promise, and they can benefit from the promise, they aint doing it for any other reason other than to benefit themselves. Uh, so yeah... don't trust people in games.

But yeah, I guess I think of a promise as something between friends that, if you break it, it's worth never speaking to them again... or being really pissed off for several months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Okay, don't you think that if your solution isn't applicable to EVERY server, it's not a good solution to begin with?
    Who said I was offering a solution? I was stating an observation.
    You don't honestly think I would think getting RID of Crossrealm BG/Arena/Dungeons/LFR would solve the anonymity issue *now*? After so many people are used to it? After so many players started playing WoW with it implemented? After the apparent necessity of it since battlegrounds wouldnt fill up on faction-skewed servers?

Fuck no.

My stance on it is that the lack of social structure (which the anonymity of cross-realm shenanigans brings) causes people to be assholes quicker due to no fear of any repercussions. This is an unfortunate side-effect, but the removal of cross-realm stuff will not magically fix this. It might eventually over the course of like, a year or two, but WoW would lose too many subscriptions over it to be deemed worth it.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

People being shitheads isn't a flaw of the game, it's a flaw of the person. Blizzard solved the problem you described in patch 1.11 (first patch of the game). It's called Master Looter.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Oh no, someone gave me something I wanted but didn't realize I wasn't a dps when they gave it to me. I'm a sociopath because I pulled my router and never spoke to them again.

You're funny.
    Like I said example of sociopathy, and even can't understand why.

Infracted. Please do not insult other forum posters.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2012-12-06 at 01:11 PM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    LFG system is to blame..

Before v3.3, your server reputation was a vauable thing, and people was kind and toughtfull.
    That changed when LFG was imlemented in v3.3, because now you can always find someone to group with, and since you'd most likely never see them again, there was no need to being nice.
    Thats a myth, people have always been terrible and mean on the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by Erthas View Post
    Greetings, yesterday I was really disappointed in the WoW community... Some people just don't care about other people. Well, I logged in for the first time not playing for a week and immediatly see one of the new rare NPC's in Krasarang Wilds... but the problem is that there is already two people fighting it, I really wanted that NPC kill and so I asked one of the people fighting it if I could get an invite and then I promised not to need on anything that dropped.

After we killed that one rare he dropped a trinket and one of the 250 honor points commendation things. As promised I passed on everything but I had gotten my achievement progress. After I left the group it went about five minutes and I saw them fighting a second rare! Again I asked for an invite and promised not to need on anything, I got another invite and the rare fell dead to the floor.

To my surprise, I saw for the first time that the "Blood Soaked Invite" dropped which for those who doesn't know is a really rare drop which gets you invited to the Brawlers Guild. I really wanted that item but I had promised not to need on anything, so I passed again and thanked them for the invite then left.
    After a couple of minutes I got a whisper from the guy that invited me, he told me that the other person in the group had ninja looted the "Blood Soaked Invitation" that other person had promised him to only need one of the PvP trinkets, but he didn't... He broke his promise and left the guy that was supposed to get it devestated because HE had killed dozens of those rares to get that item.

My question is... How can people blatently just break their promise and log off without even a simple explaination? Don't they realise that the person they break the promise to feels really bad rest of the day because they have then wasted hours upon hours doing the same thing just to have it stolen right infront of their nose?
    You sir are cool! I had to say this first :-)

And yeah, I don't understand why people do this really. I value a word given, a promise made etc and just don't see any reason whatsoever to break that.
    Unfortunately this happens and there is nothing we can do about it, as community control is not there anymore.
    In the past it meant something if in chat it was said that XXXXX is a ninja; players cared back then.
    Now, noone really cares.. the game is shifting in that regard.

If that is Blizzard's fault, I don't know. My opinion is people should be honest just on their own. But it doesn't work that way in a game it seems.
    WOW is bringing the worst in people to the surface nowadays........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    You can group with people from X-realm, but there's no actual CRZ enabled.
    Yes it iis..

Because people are rude, selfish pricks, plain and simple. The fact that it is over the internet is no excuse. If anything that just means those people would be that way in real life too if there were no consequences for it. And no, the cross realm and looking for group things are not to blame. People have been this way forever.

Had something similar happen to me. I was fighting a rare, somebody came along wanting to just fight him and 'not need on anything, seriously'. I killed the rare, he drops a BoE epic, he gets it. He then whispers me saying that he will sell it in the AH and give me half of what he gets (wasn't that nice of him?). I didn't think I would hear from him again and I didn't. Unfortunately, that's how the WoW community is as a whole - every person for themselves. There are exceptions but those are getting more rare these days. The thing that bothers me more is that next time I am fighting a rare and somebody wants to group with me, I will likely not group with them now. The cycle continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Erthas View Post
    Greetings, yesterday I was really disappointed in the WoW community... Some people just don't care about other people. Well, I logged in for the first time not playing for a week and immediatly see one of the new rare NPC's in Krasarang Wilds... but the problem is that there is already two people fighting it, I really wanted that NPC kill and so I asked one of the people fighting it if I could get an invite and then I promised not to need on anything that dropped.

After we killed that one rare he dropped a trinket and one of the 250 honor points commendation things. As promised I passed on everything but I had gotten my achievement progress. After I left the group it went about five minutes and I saw them fighting a second rare! Again I asked for an invite and promised not to need on anything, I got another invite and the rare fell dead to the floor.

To my surprise, I saw for the first time that the "Blood Soaked Invite" dropped which for those who doesn't know is a really rare drop which gets you invited to the Brawlers Guild. I really wanted that item but I had promised not to need on anything, so I passed again and thanked them for the invite then left.
    After a couple of minutes I got a whisper from the guy that invited me, he told me that the other person in the group had ninja looted the "Blood Soaked Invitation" that other person had promised him to only need one of the PvP trinkets, but he didn't... He broke his promise and left the guy that was supposed to get it devestated because HE had killed dozens of those rares to get that item.

My question is... How can people blatently just break their promise and log off without even a simple explaination? Don't they realise that the person they break the promise to feels really bad rest of the day because they have then wasted hours upon hours doing the same thing just to have it stolen right infront of their nose?

Why would you expect anyone to pass up on such an item? I understand you were all farming for specifics, but everyone should have had a shot at the invitation to be fair. If the group leader was hoping to farm the item, he should have been solo'ing the rares or expecting this sort of thing to happen. It's nice that you kept your word, but that left both you and him without an invitation.

The best way to resolve such situations is to do them with people you know and trust, instead of random people who could care less. Either way, I'm sorry that happened to you, but try not to beat yourself up next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just WoW, or is it all MMOs now? It breaks my heart that MMOs have come to this.

I think when people get nostalgic over old/vanilla WoW, it isn't necessarily the gameplay they long for, but the great community. I was much more addicted to the game then because I had so many friends. Now I don't really have anyone to talk to, and thus I rarely play at all.

I remember when I played FFXI, there were many things you had to do in that game that required a group. In order to get my personal armor at level 60, I needed several people to go with me - it required a LOT. I got a few people from my LinkShell (FFXI's version of a guild), then asked around the city. By the time everything was said and done, I had a dozen and a half people willing to help me, with no benefit to themselves. This was a recurring theme, I had many people help me out - even if it meant they would die (you lost exp on death in that game). I long for that community.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it iis..
    Some of us are from High Population realms, so that might be why we dont see players from other servers. But I don't think I see people from other servers in Pandaria on my character I play on a PvE server.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's a selfish asshole is a good rule to go by in this game. Outside of my closest friends in-game, I don't trust anyone.

Says one of two things about the game you'd think, but it's more about the people whom actaully play it, yes there're are little to no consequences for being a dick, but there's nothing that can be done about that.

So in the end, be nice, but don't be trusting \o/

Yes it iis..
    CRZ is not enabled on Pandaria.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    oh no someone is butthurt for one day cause someone stole his item on a video game, seriously grow up
    Read the post. Then read it again. Now you can answer :P
    You surely cared enough to post, so my guess is you're the kind that care about RNG being against you.

OT:
    Some don't care and it's annoying. If it's something i really want, i group up with people i know not to pull something like that.
    Overall it's egoistic people, and saying "it's the internet" doesn't change it. The only thing that might prevent them from being like that IRL is the fact that they can get in trouble for it there, and not because they're nice people.
    It's a good way to know if it's a decent person though. Being a video-game or not, i still think you should act like you do to people IRL. So those ninjaing have a bad attitude overall, and i see no reason to waste time on them.

Might be some play the game only to play the game, but i like to talk with people. It's more of a chatchannel, with distractions to me, than the other way round
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

If the other player promised to only roll on the PvP trinkets and then rolled on the invite then there is grounds for recourse through a GM ticket. Believe it or not, when players agree to something before hand that a GM can verify through chat logs then proper actions can be taken if said player is reported. It happens all the time and is another way to keep other players accountable. Nothing like that guy losing the money hey got by selling of his additional invites, losing is rank and access to the Brawlers Guild and any achievements along with to make him think twice about lying and scamming again.

This is why I advocate reporting any mistreatment, scams, and violations of rules in all cases. Without us policing ourselves no one else will do it. Stop blaming Blizzard for others behavior, monitor and report them and eventually things will clean up.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2012-12-06 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Some of us are from High Population realms, so that might be why we dont see players from other servers. But I don't think I see people from other servers in Pandaria on my character I play on a PvE server.
    That could be a reason, not to see people from other realms.. However, it's not an arguement for it NOT to be active.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    CRZ is not enabled on Pandaria.
    Post your proof, that it's not enabled..

My proof is, I daily see off-server toons in all Panda-zones..

10+ Year Old Account
    Post your proof, that it's not enabled..

My proof is, I daily see off-server toons in all Panda-zones..
    Then your server has a lot of friends that use real-ID. If you speak of CRZ, that is the AUTOMATIC ZONE-WIDE MERGING OF DIFFERENT SERVERS' POPULACE.

Seeing a person from another realm is NOT proof of CRZ being enabled (which it isnt) since you you join the server of the group leader if you're invited through real-ID into a group.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Then your server has a lot of friends that use real-ID. If you speak of CRZ, that is the AUTOMATIC ZONE-WIDE MERGING OF DIFFERENT SERVERS' POPULACE.

Seeing a person from another realm is NOT proof of CRZ being enabled (which it isnt) since you you join the server of the group leader if you're invited through real-ID into a group.
    Correct. Blizzard has not yet implemented CRZ in MoP zones due to the influx of activity that surrounds expansion launches. I am sure we will get CRZ in Pandaria at some point, but it is not in as of yet.