Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    dailies. and more dailies. thats 95% of your non-raid content, essentially. I dont hate dailies, but there isnt much variety in terms of gameplay. what if blizzard incorporated elements found in other games: like say, dynamic events in gw2, or events where you can coordinate with other players without a group.

dailies have their place, but they are weak as far as content goes. when something is routine, it gets boring. it's the reason molten front gradually became a ghost town over time. and other daily areas before that.

basically, I think blizzard needs to innovate a little bit, or borrow some ideas, if they want to keep things fresh/interesting. cause more dailies, is not the solution to people being bored.
    Oh come on ffs..

95% Really?

OK so we have...

@ Level 90 we have

Pet Battles
    Herioc 5 Mans
    Challenge Modes
    Scenarios
    Brawlers Guild
    PvP (Arena, BGs etc)
    Relic Hunter (Rare BoA items)

And that is just of the top of my head.

Dalies are 95% of non Raid content really?

Posts like this really get my back up. Stop with you over exaggerating BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I read this a lot: I only play because my friends play it.
    And to be honest, I just don't believe this. I think you just play it because you like the game and/or are addicted to it.
    it is quite ridiculous to say:
    1. I pay sub
    2. I play wow while I could be other things
    just because my friends play it.

What comes to my mind:
    1. Do you have friends who don't play wow?
    2. can't you do other stuff, which you enjoy, with those friends?
    1. Yep lots, and I go out town with them etc
    2. Nope, cos some are old uni mates that live miles and miles away and others are friends that I've made on WoW that live even more miles away.

To OP, In MOP we've got more extensive daily Experiences I guess, scenarios, challenge modes, farming, pet battles, bralers guild.. if you can do it yet. So Bliz obviously are TRYING to keep adding new ideas at least.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    I should also point out that actually dailies in MoP are not repetitive at all.

There are so so so many different sets of dailies if you mix it up they are not repetitive at all imo.

Sure if every day you SMASH you face into as many dailies as you can in "OMFG I MUST GET EXALTED NOW WITH ALL FACTIONS ZOMG ZOMG" style sure they will get repetitive , here is a novel idea try NOT doing that.

I very much go out of my way to mix them up and make sure I don't do the same ones day after day after day.

And ./gasp I don't do them every day!

Slow down there is plenty of time!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no they werent. there was more content in 5.1 then 4.1 anyone who says there wasnt is delusional
    Apple and oranges.
    It depends on players tastes.

For people only interested in raiding, they're equal : 0 value.
    For people interested in dungeon/raiding 4.1 is better : 2 dungeons vs 0.
    For people interested in daily/group quests 5.1 is better : lots of dailies + scenariso vs 0.
    And so on...

Seeing as Blizzard (or GC, anyways) has already stated that maybe they went overboard with dailies this time around, I'm thinking that they're already thinking what you're thinking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if it hasnt gotten stale for over 8 years why the hell is it all of a sudden stale now?
    Because people grow bored over time.
    Especially when content gets grindier/less fun/less epic over time.
    Of course all of this is very subjective so it'll vary from player to player.

OT : I don't think such innovations would really change WoW.
    It won't change much for people that are still enjoying it and it won't make people that are already fed up come back.
    It would be better for them to focus on Titan and sustain WoW with the same routine IMO.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Seeing as Blizzard (or GC, anyways) has already stated that maybe they went overboard with dailies this time around, I'm thinking that they're already thinking what you're thinking.
    Yeah it took him only 2 months this time to wake up instead of nearly 2 years with Cata.
    He's improving. Maybe he'll stop screwing things by the next xpac
    Last edited by mmoce6d6578c3b; 2012-12-06 at 07:57 PM.

I think OP you might've just accidentally made a very shrewd observation.

The problem isn't lack of variety... there's TONS of variety in this expansion right now...

The problem, perhaps, is that many of them (even most of them) are accessed/enhanced through these things called "daily quests". Tillers, friendships, rep grinds, darkmoon faire, ect... all are progressed through doing daily quests.

Right now - nobody sees them as "individual" events or content... they just lump them together into this big mass called "dailies".

What perhaps they may need are new gameplay alternatives that does NOT require you to first activate a daily quest. Basic turnin stuff like the old runecloth/darkmoon faire... guild/player housing for constantly setting up/adjusting things.

In short... they need more things that aren't just "Do quest > Get reward" model. New ways of "rewarding" your own creativity when playing the game the way YOU want to play it. Not boxing it in via having the masses follow basic "do quest > get reward" model. Basically more sandbox, less direct quest-based things.

The trick to do that, however, is beyond me as I'm not a game designer. That's their job. It's probably very difficult to encourage players to be pro-active and create their own adventures/activities using their own mind as opposed to being led via strings all over the place... but then again, that's been World of Warcraft since TBC, some could even argue since Vanilla.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-12-06 at 08:07 PM.

I agree with you. Dailies have gotten stale fast, and adding more won't help the cause. What are you looking for though? I mean there are other things you can do besides dailies... but it seems like you are just bored with the game entirely... so what do you think they should add?

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I agree with you fully... and unfortunately more dailies are coming in 5.2.
    It doesn't look like we'll get rid of dailies anytime soon.

I don't hope they ran out of creative ideas and now just are using dailies as an answer for everything.
    This is such BS. We have more to do now than we've ever had before. Dailies only add to that, but even without dailies we have more to do now than we ever had before. You just obviously don't like the other options, but that doesn't make them not options.

You can hunt and catch pets. You can hunt and kill rare spawns in Pandaria. you can hunt lore tablets, which have live little Npc cutscene like things acted for each part you complete, you can hunt little easter egg items like tea pots and paintbrushes for 100 gold a pop, you can hunt hidden easter egg Pandaria weapon heirlooms for transmogging. You can do scenarios. You can do LFR. And the dailies have all kinds of weird things you can do in them that are new, despite being dailies. You can set up cloud drake races with other players, complete with flags and stuff.

The idea that they might have run out of creative ideas just because you don't like dailies is just selfish thinking.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

If there's something that WoW badly needs its public quests / dynamic events. They are so great in warhammer, rift and gw2. I still play Rift and Gw2 off and on, as well as wow off and on, and I gotta say when im on a wow kick I really miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I think OP you might've just accidentally made a very shrewd observation.

The problem isn't lack of variety... there's TONS of variety in this expansion right now...

The problem, perhaps, is that many of them (even most of them) are accessed/enhanced through these things called "daily quests". Tillers, friendships, rep grinds, darkmoon faire, ect... all are progressed through doing daily quests.

Right now - nobody sees them as "individual" events or content... they just lump them together into this big mass called "dailies".

What perhaps they may need are new gameplay alternatives that does NOT require you to first activate a daily quest. Basic turnin stuff like the old runecloth/darkmoon faire... guild/player housing for constantly setting up/adjusting things.

In short... they need more things that aren't just "Do quest > Get reward" model. New ways of "rewarding" your own creativity when playing the game the way YOU want to play it. Not boxing it in via having the masses follow basic "do quest > get reward" model. Basically more sandbox, less direct quest-based things.

The trick to do that, however, is beyond me as I'm not a game designer. That's their job. It's probably very difficult to encourage players to be pro-active and create their own adventures/activities using their own mind as opposed to being led via strings all over the place... but then again, that's been World of Warcraft since TBC, some could even argue since Vanilla.
    agreed, it does feel like a lot is "gated" behind a rep/faction grind. my lock alt STILL cant buy valor items (cause I dont want to grind golden lotus/etc on them).

but yeah, if there ways to make progress beyond rep grinding, it might be better.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    If there's something that WoW badly needs its public quests / dynamic events. They are so great in warhammer, rift and gw2. I still play Rift and Gw2 off and on, as well as wow off and on, and I gotta say when im on a wow kick I really miss them.
    although gw2's endgame is lacking, I really enjoyed levelling through it, it was fun having lots of people participate in events and everyone got credit, even if you tagged a boss/mobs once.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You mean like Challenge Modes, Pet Battles, Brawler's Guild, Achievements, etc...? I do agree they need more, but there is also already plenty available. Doing "quest -> reward activity" is approx 5% of what can be done at lvl 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    dailies. and more dailies. thats 95% of your non-raid content, essentially. I dont hate dailies, but there isnt much variety in terms of gameplay. what if blizzard incorporated elements found in other games: like say, dynamic events in gw2, or events where you can coordinate with other players without a group.
    Having grouped zergfests where everyone spammed their 1 AOE spell to tag as much as possible was definitely a new and exciting form of content. I have some screenshots from GW2 where you literally can't even make out anything on the screen because its just one, huge yellow blur of spells.

Anyway, as other people have pointed out, there are plenty of other things to do than just dailies. My casual friends who came back to the game for MOP are actually finding they're having too much to do given what their RL schedule allows. Certainly, there's more diverse content then there has ever been in the game.

I think the only valid complaints are if you just liked running regular or heroic dungeons a lot. Dungeons have definitely taken a beating in exchange for all the other stuff they've thrown into the game, especially when you compare it to BC or Wrath. The thing is, a vast portion of the nonraid content in those expansions actually was basically just running dungeons.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2012-12-06 at 10:52 PM.

Something original OP:

In my view WOW has TOO much of new ideas.

A new players must really be bewildered by all these options and game play offers.

Transmog huh ? changing stats on gear huh ? 12 BG's huh ? 100+ dungeons with different boss mechanics huh ? Pokemon in my world huh ? Famville added huh ? A thousand variations of professions and recepies... huh ? ALl those difficult end game Raids and old Raid and all that ???

I still remember my son and I couldn't "shoot" with our bow anymore as newbies, since our action bars were not set on fixed and so the bow symbol got lost in the action bar and we didn't know how to shoot anymore.

... Imagine all this and 20.000 things more for a new player to get into...

He/She certainly will become crazy before he even begins to understand all these things...

WOW has become TOO MUCH for the newbies.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    The only way for blizzard to avoid Wow becoming stale is releasing Wow2. The game is getting too bloated as it is.
    Care to explain how that will change anything?

I will answer the OP quite simply with, I disagree.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

They could add more dailies. Everyone seems to be doing them, so they must be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    This is such BS. We have more to do now than we've ever had before. Dailies only add to that, but even without dailies we have more to do now than we ever had before. You just obviously don't like the other options, but that doesn't make them not options.

You can hunt and catch pets. You can hunt and kill rare spawns in Pandaria. you can hunt lore tablets, which have live little Npc cutscene like things acted for each part you complete, you can hunt little easter egg items like tea pots and paintbrushes for 100 gold a pop, you can hunt hidden easter egg Pandaria weapon heirlooms for transmogging. You can do scenarios. You can do LFR. And the dailies have all kinds of weird things you can do in them that are new, despite being dailies. You can set up cloud drake races with other players, complete with flags and stuff.

The idea that they might have run out of creative ideas just because you don't like dailies is just selfish thinking.
    I don't think it is bs.... and seeing GC himself stated they went overboard with dailies, it seems Blizzard is getting the point of dailies.

I am not saying there is nothing else to do; where did you read that from me?
    The issue with dailies is that there are no alternatives. We can't get rep anywhere else, no charms anywhere else...... yet things are locked behind rep.
    it is not that there is nothing else to do.........

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Care to explain how that will change anything?
    I don't quite frankly see why releasing a new game to prevent this phenomena from happening needs an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    They could add more dailies. Everyone seems to be doing them, so they must be popular.
    Dailies have to be popular because people like doing the same things without much hastle.

Once you know a quest, you'll prefer doing that same quest mechanism than hunting for new ones... It is human nature.

What I DO would like to see is putting a variable difficulty into these solo quests as WOW is lacking in ONE particular thing: SOLO challenge.

That's a big advantage D3 has over ANY MMO at the moment: Adaptable Monster Power (patch 1.05): players set their own challenges by choosing MP and they get more possible rewards by choosing the difficulty settings (in D3 that's 0-10 levels of MP). Could be done in WOW by using phased content (like the Farms...).

But the content and quests as such are even more conveniant to play once you know them.

-- ------

But I think WOW needs to stop adding things to its game as the present day content offer is simply TOO OVERWHELMING for new players and EVEN RETURNING ones.

Someone who quite in mid TBC needs weeks if not months to stumble upon things they have no clue about (examples: experience turned off, reforging, transmog, dual spec, thousands of new recipies, farming and pet battles and hundreds of small annoying new things that can even lead to ... dropping it all and cancel subs because of too much things to look at...).

A new MMO player who stumbles upon WOW content in 2012 is likely to be overwhelmed and so risks a disconnect sooner than later. 110 dungeons to wade through ? WTF...12 BG's to learn ... Seriously you'll soon need a university degree to start enjoying it ...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-12-07 at 08:57 AM.