Button switch macro (or similar effect)

As a ret pally I either need to have a small mass of extra buttons or use shift/etc modifiers that make doing the other rotation a pain.

I'm talking about AoE or single target where we basically need to switch 2 key abilities and use the each "set" continually depending on situation (with a couple of minor exceptions).

So, what I'm after is a button I can hit to go from Single target to Cleave mode. I don't really care how it's done but I'd need my keybinds to continue to work (so not sure if a bar-switch would work as keybinds would stuck with the bar?)

I use quite a few other abilities on a modifier so I can't just hold the key down and do my rotation. I'd ideally like something that would be able to switch macro's assigned to buttons or similar.

For example:

I currently have:

Single target set:
    Bound to 2: /use [nomodifier] crusader strike; hammer of the righteous

Bound to 4: /use [nomodifier] templar's verdict; divine storm

Aoe/cleave set:
    Bound to 2: /use [nomodifier] hammer of the righteous; crusader strike

Bound to 4: /use [nomodifier] divine storm; templar's verdict

and switch the buttons as required depending on the fight but the 2 main ones in question (Garalon and wind lord) both have significant AoE then single target sections so a button that would do a hard switch of the 2 macro sets would be perfect. Rather than having to mess with continual hold/release of a modifier to do my rotation for half the fight.

For bar mod I use bartender 4 if anyone is aware of aspects of this addon that would allow the effect I'm after.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-12-06 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

you could make use of the /swapactionbar command http://www.wowwiki.com/MACRO_swapactionbar

Deleted
    I would make two action bars. Lets say you take action bar one for single target and actionbar two for aoe.

Then you activate actionbar paging for your action bar one (/bt->bar 1-> State Configuration).

Make a macro with /changeactionbar 2 and another macro with /changeactionbar 1

First macro goes into bar one and second one goes into bar two.

Now you should have a switch between bar one and two on the same button :>

edit: /changeactionbar only supports bar 1-6 afaik
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2012-12-06 at 02:35 PM.

I figured action bar "paging" would be the probable way around it. Does it keep the keybinds relevant to their respective place or do they stick to the bar though?

From memory there's a stance related bar phases in bartender? Not at home when I asked this or since so just poking for a few suitable leads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Keybindings should stay the same
    Yes there are stance related bars in bt, the nearly use the same mechanic. No Stance-> bar one is your normal bar. Stance one -> bar "x" replaces your bar one
    etc pp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    Make a macro with /changeactionbar 2 and another macro with /changeactionbar 1
    Or make a single one with
    Code:
    /swapactionbar 1 2
    It basically "replaces" the contents of the bar you selected with the contents of the other bar you selected. All key bindings are tied to the button and will now use the spell that is assigned to the button on the second action bar page.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-07 at 05:32 AM.