Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garalon HC random turning

So yeah, was progressing Garalon HC last night and every now and then he goes a bit funky and will just turn in random directions rather than facing the fixate. Really fucks people up if he turns randomly and quickly does a swipe!

Anyone else have this issue and know what causes it or how to fix it?

He had this huge problem as well, and it turns out that he was almost always turning to the hunter pet. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the actual pet, but the dire beast for some reason. We couldn't figure out why he would turn 180 degrees just for the dire pet, but it was severely annoying. Hope this helps.

Deleted
    This happened to us as well, we didn't find a way to fix it. Just try not to stand behind the boss, but to his side, so even if he does turn the swipe shouldn't hit anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    He had this huge problem as well, and it turns out that he was almost always turning to the hunter pet. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the actual pet, but the dire beast for some reason. We couldn't figure out why he would turn 180 degrees just for the dire pet, but it was severely annoying. Hope this helps.
    Didn't have a hunter in the group. Thread still open. Any ideas?

Deleted
    This happens on normal too, it's a bug or he has a hidden threat table that sometimes people "out threat" the pollen, random idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    This happens on normal too, it's a bug or he has a hidden threat table that sometimes people "out threat" the pollen, random idea.
    Yeah had it happen a couple of times for us. Very annoying when we're still progressing on him. Never seen our feral run quite so fast though.

We didn't have a hunter with us and he still did it (although I have pugged it on an alt and can confirm that he does turn towards the hunters pet).

Staying to the side of him won't help either because he was doing ~ 90 degree turns as well!

Sucks when we know we would have killed it without this RNG.

Happens to us and seems to be when kiters are too close to the wall, he spins like a top for us sometimes.

Deleted
    Try to not use abilities like blink, warlock portal, after you change a fixate, just run normaly.

Only happens to us when our boomkin uses Starfall, which is quite a bit x.x. Had to bench the guy for that fight.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We haven't seen exactly what you're describing, but about half way through the fight (on heroic) his character model will randomly turn around and move several yards, then switch back. It LOOKS like he's about to chomp on someone... but nothing ever comes of it (as long as people pay attention to the purple circle, of course). At this point, we just laugh at it and move on; if it ever actually kills someone, we'll start worrying.

Edit: we don't have a hunter or a boomkin, and I (affliction warlock) sacrifice my pet - so it's not any of those things for us.

He does this for us occasionally. Nothing ever happens except a little lost uptime on legs; it's just a minor annoyance.

It doesn't actually do any damage when he turns around and "cleaves" behind him. It's just the graphic but nothing happens.

^ Basically. You aren't getting hit by anything if you were to just continue on doing what you were doing normally.

Also, you keep your leg buffs I'm fairly certain.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    ^ Basically. You aren't getting hit by anything if you were to just continue on doing what you were doing normally.

I definitely died to the cleave after a 90 degree turn. I'm almost 90% sure, can double check logs later.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    A lot of the creatures that "fixate" do still smack the person with top threat quite frequently. Rage of the Emperor and Windblade adds on Empress off the top of my head will do this. Theres also the possibility of the boss turning to 'cast' something (which should be reported as a bug). I remember Sindragosa had a nasty problem that when DKs used Mark of Blood (debuff that causes the marked enemies attacks to also heal those they damage) she would turn as the heal procced and do her frost breath at the same time killing the melee. Maybe something like priest Cascade causing a similar effect? I notice I get frequent 'IMMUNE' errors when cascade procs on me try to jump to someones ghost iron dragonling, so it could be buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post

99% of the time this seems true, BUT he has absolutely 180'd and cleaved our entire raid then resumed chasing the target before because we thought this. No diea what causes it, but it rarely matters.

I believe I've seen this happen aswell. Was pretty sure it happened when he started getting too close to the walled off entrance if the kiter stood on the "stairs", it always happened on that side it seems atleast.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2012-12-07 at 10:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    I believe I've seen this happen aswell. Was pretty sure it happened when he started getting too close to the walled off entrance if the kiter stood on the "stairs", it always happened on that side it seems atleast.
    We had it happen once or twice during progression, and it did seem like it was when whoever was kiting him got too close to the wall and probably bugged him out thinking there was an LOS issue or something.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    it happens on normal too. very very annoying. no idea what causes it