Combat: 2x haste or agility

This is a quote from EJ
    At some point your gear will reach a level where two haste rating is higher valued than one agility and you should start gemming towards haste. Exact calculations are not yet done, but initial tests showed that this happens around item level 480-490.
    Shadowcraft instead shows that at high haste valuers (7k+) agility is better than 2x, doing some tests on SC i noticed that soft cap to start gemming agi over haste is at about 6700 for my gear, is that right?

SC link here http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/eu...KzZl0R26ASef4N

(p.s. i should change enchant on gloves form mastery to haste)

In your case :
    Agility 2.701
    Haste Rating 1.304 (*2)=2.608
    and that means agility is still better than haste
    Pugs are like Master Card---- Priceless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    This is a quote from EJ

Shadowcraft instead shows that at high haste valuers (7k+) agility is better than 2x, doing some tests on SC i noticed that soft cap to start gemming agi over haste is at about 6700 for my gear, is that right?

SC link here http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/eu...KzZl0R26ASef4N

(p.s. i should change enchant on gloves form mastery to haste)
    For the gloves yes for sure as far as I have seen from looking at armorys of rogues in full heroic gear and from reading is there is no soft cap of any kind yet they are pushing 8500+(I have even seen someone at 9300 that made me cry a little) the only non haste gemming I have been seeing are JC agi gems I find it odd its wanting you to not go 320 haste in your yellows on SC I am in gear pretty close to you and as combat it tells me to I would just stick with how your gemmed now on the armory ie 320 haste gems.

EDIT another thing is SC can flip flop back and fourth showing agi better then haste then you get a new item and haste be better and another then it may show agi again due to VERY slight EP changes.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2012-12-11 at 07:29 PM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Haste scales better with more agility. If you're near the 2 x haste = 1 x agi breaking point, then regeming for haste will decrease your agility and hence decrease the value of haste. You want to wait until haste is a little bit more than half the value of agility before you start gemming haste.