Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoobins View Post
    Anticipation makes the 4 vs 5 decision a moot point. Just sayin.
    Indeed, which is where the "God I read some of these posts wrong" part came in, I thought I read someone saying it wasn't, so I went off pointless testing things
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The 5cp/3ap thing isn't really set in stone, but you want to have a minimum of 5/2 when envenom drops, and the maximum possible wastage should be 1 cp.

So, if you have 60e, 5cp/2ap, go ahead and mut.
    Case 1: If seal fate does not proc, but Blindside does, use the proc. This puts you at 5/4+dispatch, or only a potential waste of 1 ap.
    Case 2: If seal fate does not proc, nor does Blindside, you're sitting pretty at 5/4. Continue as necessary.
    Case 3: If seal fate does proc, and so does Blindside, save the proc. This will leave you at 5/5 with an active proc. You'll envenom 10e early on your next cycle to use the dispatch, then go to mut. Obviously, use the proc if it's going to fall off before you hit your envenom cap (I make mine 100e when I'm on a stable target, most guides recommend 80-90.)

Under 35%, just dispatch until envenom falls off. Our execute is fairly weak because although its dpe (damage per energy) is higher than mut, its cppe (combo points per energy) is lower. This will leave you at decreasing ap (about -1 per cycle once you count rupture), which is why you save the last SB of the fight for execute range, it lets you catch up.
    Maybe I'm just not reading this correctly... ? You seem to be pooling combo points moreso than energy? Perhaps I am doing something incorrect?

I basically just make sure I use envenom only when I have enough energy to guarantee that I can get back up to 5+CP within the Envenom bufftime. I don't even really think about the number of AP I have except in the fact that the "energy target" I pool to depends on how many anticipation charges that I have. If I have 3AP then I wont pool much, but if I don't have any AP, then I'll pool up to 80/90 energy before I envenom again.

This is during normal periods of the fight (no SB/heroism/etc) where I don't ever really have issues with envenom buffs overlapping. Are you speaking of pooling AP/CP in the instance when you are going to overwrite the current Envenom buff? Or at all times?

Quote Originally Posted by rayanne View Post
    Maybe I'm just not reading this correctly... ? You seem to be pooling combo points moreso than energy? Perhaps I am doing something incorrect?

I basically just make sure I use envenom only when I have enough energy to guarantee that I can get back up to 5+CP within the Envenom bufftime. I don't even really think about the number of AP I have except in the fact that the "energy target" I pool to depends on how many anticipation charges that I have. If I have 3AP then I wont pool much, but if I don't have any AP, then I'll pool up to 80/90 energy before I envenom again.

This is during normal periods of the fight (no SB/heroism/etc) where I don't ever really have issues with envenom buffs overlapping. Are you speaking of pooling AP/CP in the instance when you are going to overwrite the current Envenom buff? Or at all times?
    You want to be able to keep Rupture at 100% without losing envenom uptime. This is easier in larger chunks (e.g. higher cp finishers). A 5cp envenom at 90e provides three buffed mutilates and (usually) at least one dispatch proc. This is a minimum of six cps, which makes that cycle +1 (up to +5). Every two-three cycles will require a rupture refresh (23s). So....the way I described it is about right.

Edit: top rogues run about 50-55% uptime on envenom buff. This is not a gear issue for the most part, since haste is a low-priority stat for assassination. BUT every cp generator you do outside of envenom is lost dps. Recovery requires planning or a reset (Vanish, target switch, SB, or combo of the others).
    Last edited by Stoobins; 2012-12-10 at 07:38 PM.

Oh! I get what you are saying now. I was worrying mostly about doing damage during envenom bufftime and not providing enough "cushion" for 5CP rupture, which I agree is a lot easier to manage than lower CP rupture. I would just end up doing two mutilates every few cycle that were unbuffed due to using CP on rupture instead of an envenom. I'm sure that this doesnt equal an astounding number of DPS at the end of a fight but it's something I will play around with. I try not to be perfect so that I can entertain myself with adding things into my DPS cycle every few weeks. Otherwise, how boring would our rotation be? (joking)

It's not a huge dps increase, but what else are you gonna do? ~40% of our globals are wait time. It probably ends up being 3-4k dps...

Lol yeah....I stopped feinting (barring mechanic bypass like Elegon stacks) last week, and it boosted my dps a lot more than I thought it would.

Yeah I really have to watch myself with over-feinting. I caught myself doing it too often on heroic vizier attempts, and my DPS increased a lot more than I thought it would too. Also I have to catch myself from spamming it when getting close to a (first-time) kill. Especially when I hear healers struggling! haha!

It's not a huge dps increase, but what else are you gonna do? ~40% of our globals are wait time. It probably ends up being 3-4k dps...

Lol yeah....I stopped feinting (barring mechanic bypass like Elegon stacks) last week, and it boosted my dps a lot more than I thought it would.
    Yeah honestly spamming it is kinda dumb as its an absolutely massive dps loss. Imo, it should be used on massive ae's and if your healers are actually not keeping up with sustained damage and you will be at serious risk of death.

For example on heroic blade lord, I do feint in p2 while running and until the healers get there (usually a good bit ahead due to sprint and rocket boots), but after that, its their job while mine is making sure the boss dies before they go oom, and spamming feint while they pop cd's to AE bomb the raid with heals isn't all that useful.