Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    yes it functions exactly like taunt. the glyphs existence pretty much proves this, and it says so quite literally in the description. the skill itself is vague, and should probably be re-worded, but it's a taunt.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=45806
    If you've got proof such as from a threat meter which shows DG raising your threat to #1, that's one thing, but what Blizzard's developers write on their glyphs is irrelevant. It's not like you can trust them to know the difference between the actual taunt mechanic and simply forcing attack.

oh god, you caught me.

except why assume the wording on the spell itself correct and only the glyph is misworded? there is equal chance of either one, except that the glyph's wording is far less open to interpretation than the spell's wording.

it's a functional taunt, it's been discussed to death that it is.

Yes, I've QQ'd about this quite often. It's ok though - Hpallys can still taunt /insert wtf jackiechan meme

Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    yes it functions exactly like taunt. the glyphs existence pretty much proves this, and it says so quite literally in the description. the skill itself is vague, and should probably be re-worded, but it's a taunt.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=45806
    Correct. Unglyphed death grip is a true taunt, not just a fixate.

And again, unglyphing it is not an option unless you know you'll need it before the fight, which means it's not you stepping in and "emergency tanking" until the real tank can be bressed.

It's not a huge deal, but the thing is that we had the taunt in MoP and some dev deliberately removed it, and that kinda sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually very annoying. Doing H: Amber Shaper (10 man), I am responsible for taunting the monstrosity right before he does the fling. This way I get picked up instead of the tank. With the CD on Death Grip, I have to use it exactly on CD (Fling usually has 3s~ when it comes up). Sure that alone isn't a huge problem, but it'd also be nice to be able to use my Death Grip to bring in oozes and kill them near the boss to make positioning better. But that's kind of just the start of hybrid utility that I feel DKs lack. After playing a warrior for so long and being able to taunt + shield wall and actually save attempts, then going to a DK and even with BP + IBF, I just get gibbed. Feels bad man.

Again not trying to say any of that stuff is really game breaking, just some quality of life things I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it. It's senseless.

DGrip has so much real utility that saving it, or burning it, for the mundane purpose of taunting is really unpleasant. Not to mention that sometimes, what you want to taunt is NOT something you want to change the position of!

Honestly. When a damn Holy Paladin or macro-wielding Shaman can taunt more effectively than you as DK DPS, something is just not right. /angryfist

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish DKs still had it, this goes with my philosophy of certain tank classes and their utilities (even in offspecs)

I miss it in pvp, was great for keeping focus target in combat, just macro in /cast [@focus]Dark Command into all your spam abilities but nope, no more of that now sadly.

It was a pvp nerf. That is the only reason, it had no effect on PvE at all. Smart DKs were doing things like taunting pets to break CC or take some pressure off healers. Taunt also worked as a ranged "keep in combat" that had no resource cost, small cooldown and was able to keep players from drinking effectively.

It has been years since wrath launch, but there are soooooooooo many players who are still butthurt over how OP DKs were then that we still continue to eat nerf after nerf. It is amazing how many players still don't understand basic mechanics of DKs and for some reason still think we are OP Gods from wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if it was to take taunts off DPS in PvP why did all the other DPS keep their taunt?

Druids, Ret/Holy Paladin, WW/Mist Monk, Arms/Fury Warrior ... desperate Shammy with a weapon macro :p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    WW Monks get a passive +20% parry if they're attacked from the front.

They might wear leather, but they're sturdy in a pinch.
    sparring is more suited to pvp as its only 15% parry and without stagger you're pretty much a rogue without evasion (its only stagger which prevents Brewmaster from having the squishiness of a rogue =P)

but with dps dks i think it might have been an oversight by blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

actually a taunt can be very helpful for certain situations, also, we off-tank the adds for heroic will, us 2 dks pickup the emperors strengths, we don't need to respec but there has been times another strength somes out before mine dies i dg him, and someone pulls more aggro than i can hold being in blood pres but not spec. im MS dps and both my specs are dps frost and unholy for elegon

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No we don't. Clueful DPS DKs have DG glyphed to not taunt. You'll only remove that glyph if you know you'll need to taunt beforehand, which basically never happens. You only need to taunt as a DPS in emergencies.

We brought this up many times in beta and did not get a dev response.

WW monks have a similar problem. They can taunt, but they don't get the tanking stance, so they can't emergency tank either.

When you think about it, monks and DKs share a similar issue-- their core tanking mechanic is baked in to the specialization rather than the presence. Only blood DKs get blood shield. Only brewmaster monks get stagger. They won't have their active mitigation, but DPS warriors and paladins can always equip a shield, which is much better than nothing.

Interestingly, rogues with symbiosis are the best emergency tanks in the game by a large margin. Demo locks would be even better still, but they can only tank via a glyph so it isn't available in an emergency.
    A Ret paladin would pretty much never throw a shield on....

Reading comprehension FTW.

"You only need to taunt as a DPS in emergencies."