Remove Deserter debuff

Please Blizz remove the deserter debuff from leaving bot filled bg's. In arena's when your partner has died and the opponents are full hp, the smart thing to do is leave. You except the loss and queue again. You shouldn't get a deserter debuff cause you realise that its not possible to win.
    Imagine the scenario : warsong gulch, you're two flag caps behind, ur team is being honor farmed at the grave yard and there's 15 mins left on the clock. Noone listens to your pleas to stop rez'ing beause well most of them are bots.

You choices are sit for 15 mins until the end of the bg or leave and get deserter for 15 mins, I want to play and have limited time to. It's unfair from my point of view that you can't just leave and queue into something better.

10+ Year Old Account
    You casually ignore the reason why the Deserter Debuff was implemented in the first place. Your example is an unfortunate side-effect. And I daresay the fact that there's bots in the BG is more to blame than the functionality of the debuff.

But you'll probably not appreciate that insight. Your needs must be catered to!

Oh, you think Blizzard games are yours to whine over. But you merely adopted them; I was born within then, moulded by them. I didn't see the light of WoW until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!

In Classic is where I learned the truth about despair. There's a reason why the official forums are the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every player who has ventured there over the centuries has looked up to the blues and imagined being heard. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying.

I learned there that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I challenge your notion of battleground etiquette, I will feed PVPers hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can get buffed so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay away from getting nerfed." You can watch me torture half a playerbase and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Tseric's destiny... We will destroy PVP whiners and then, when it is done and your playstyle is nerfed to ashes as the warrior class before it, then you have my permission to cry.

/equips Vile Fumigator's Mask
    /Post Quick Reply
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Systems are designed around the majority, not the exception. The Deserter Debuff follows that mantra successfully.

My recommendation - focus on the real problem. The bots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    You casually ignore the reason why the Deserter Debuff was implemented in the first place. Your example is an unfortunate side-effect. And I daresay the fact that there's bots in the BG is more to blame than the functionality of the debuff.

But you'll probably not appreciate that insight. Your needs must be catered to!

Oh, you think Blizzard games are yours to whine over. But you merely adopted them; I was born within then, moulded by them. I didn't see the light of WoW until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!

In Classic is where I learned the truth about despair. There's a reason why the official forums are the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every player who has ventured there over the centuries has looked up to the blues and imagined being heard. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying.

I learned there that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I challenge your notion of battleground etiquette, I will feed PVPers hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can get buffed so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay away from getting nerfed." You can watch me torture half a playerbase and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Tseric's destiny... We will destroy PVP whiners and then, when it is done and your playstyle is nerfed to ashes as the warrior class before it, then you have my permission to cry.

/equips Vile Fumigator's Mask
    /Post Quick Reply
    +1 couldnt have said it better myself.

OP, the debuff wasn't instilled to keep you from enjoying BG's, it was put in to stop people from leaving unnecessarily. It should not be removed, Blizz needs to fix the botting problem.

The root of the problem isn't because there's a debuff, the root is bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    tl;dr
    you lose rating if you leave arena/rbg
    you lose nothing if you lose bg/lfr/lfg

I do agree that you shouldn't get a debuff for leaving Arena battles (Never knew you did, tbh ;o), you lose rating; that's punishment enough tbf.

However, as has been stated above:

The system is there to discourage people leaving, which directly affects your team as they need to find someone to fill the spot, which can take several minutes if the systems picks an afk player or someone who's in the middle of something and puts off accepting for a bit.

I don't like having it, but I understand the reason for it.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2012-12-06 at 03:24 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I do agree that you shouldn't get a debuff for leaving Arena battles (Never knew you did, tbh ;o), you lose rating; that's punishment enough tbf.

I belive you wrong, you wont get deserter by leaving arena only when leaving bgs.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Ya, I don't remember getting it from arena.

BTW, nice Bane post above. That was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by NPEC View Post
    I belive you wrong, you wont get deserter by leaving arena only when leaving bgs.
    I didn't think you did, but the OP put it in his list of complaints and I agreed that you shouldn't get it, if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    In arena's when your partner has died and the opponents are full hp, the smart thing to do is leave. You except the loss and queue again. You shouldn't get a deserter debuff cause you realise that its not possible to win.

You don't get deserter for leaving arena lol. You do get it for leaving a non rated battleground. Wouldn't it be better to rather have a "honor debuff" where you would not be able to accumulate honor points for the next 15 mins instead of not being able to queue for the next 15 mins. Bots are never gonna go away