Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There are a lot of self-help guides that are useful. If you are really depressed you should definitely seek a professional who might be able to unpick any deep rooted issues you need resolving.

Otherwise try to keep active and put yourself 'out there'. When you feel down, the temptation is to just stay in bed and not do anything or talk to anyone, but actually that just feeds it even more. Stay active, meet up with friends or relatives and try not to ruminate too much. A lot of depressions come from thinking too much about little things, and blowing them out of perspective within your own mind. Bouncing them off of other people helps put things into perspective and also helps take your mind off of other stuff that you shouldn't be worrying about.

Also on a personal note, I'd say you will be surprised how much your life can change and turn around in just a few years. Trust me.
    Last edited by Peacemoon; 2012-12-06 at 08:56 PM.

I agree with the above advice to get out in the sun, get some exercise, and get a medical evaluation. Lethargy can be caused by many things, including hormone levels, diet/allergies, and vitamin levels. Sun helps with vit. D, exercise would give you natural endorphins and improve your self image and confidence, and making sure you are healthy will rule out physical and dietary causes (allergies and sensitivities cause inflammation and immune response, and that leads to feeling unwell and tired often).

First step is to start trying to change the way you identify yourself and where you define your self worth. Don't look at yourself as being someone who is over 20 and unsuccessful and useless because you're not working some posh job with a steady girlfriend. Those things do not define who you are at your core. Look deep down inside and realize who you are. And then start trying to do things to better yourself. Live for you and find happiness in things you can control. Follow what the others in the thread have said about exercise and nutrition. At least make the effort. This won't solve clinical depression, but it will help you start moving in the right direction.

The next step, and probably the most important, is to see a good psychologist. Something about four doctors not wanting to help you doesn't sound exactly right to me. See a psychologist. Be honest with them about your symptoms and what you're going through. Lose your pride and allow them to help you. They may put you on meds. If that's what it takes, then that's what it takes.

Deleted
    You're too busy trying to get energy, it seems. You also need to spend energy. By doing things. (just use a little more than you'd want, so that you sleep more easily, but don't push yourself much further or you'll get all kinds of unhealthy). (worrying just isn't the right way to waste your energy)

Keep moving, work focus your time on what you do and doing it tell.

It does not solve my problems, but it helps.
    Also smashing things, I can smash stuff into pieces for disposal at work, it can be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing is battle with anxiety and depression is change your life style like add yoga, meditation in your daily life style and write your thoughts. Share your views with your friends. These tips will hopefully help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbolt View Post
    any tips on how to get my energy back and carry on my life? anyone who had similar problems and could fix it? thanks in advance.
    Have you had your thyroid tested? Low thyroid can very easily sap you of your energy and make you feel tired regardless of how much you exercise. It's very easy to test, and very easy to treat. It's a simple blood test and a very small pill. Do you also: gain weight easily, have hair loss/thinning hair, low libido, constipation, brain fog, or dry skin? If so I'd have it checked out. What was said earlier about sunlight (and Vitamin D) was true as well. There are lots of factors that can make a person depressed. Some are environmental, some are situational, and some are chemical. Figuring out what factors are causing your depression is the first step in figuring out how to defeat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbolt View Post
    hi im not going to borrow my little brothers account but since high school have i been depressed.

i didnt care about school at all, i enjoyed life and girls and suddenly i had a meeting with the teachers, either keep calm at classes and fix everything you missed or youll have to start over this year again.

only having two months left of that year i had to focus everything on trying to be quiet at classes and doing everything at home. didnt sleep well and after i FINALLY did all my stuff teachers said i didnt need to start all over.

so i was extremely quiet obviously so i went home and slept. the odd thing is no mather how much i slept i felt tired and felt that i had no energy left. i didnt bother meeting friends, i got low grades, skipped school etc because i felt tired and out of energy and felt that i should reward my body by staying home and doing nothing.

until today this has pretty much messed up my life. everytime a girl talks to me and give me her number i throw it away. everytime someone tries to be a friend i throw his number away. i am over 20s and i dont even search for work, the thing is that i have no energy left on my body.

sure if its like one week its ok but this has gone on for years. i noticed that im depressed, i honestly thought it only applied to people that are sad and want to take their own lives but no, i am depressed because i wasted so much time getting my life fixed.

as i already said my life is messed up because i have no energy left. otherwise i would have a job and a girlfriend.

any tips on how to get my energy back and carry on my life? anyone who had similar problems and could fix it? thanks in advance.

doctor didnt take me serious so im going to do something else instead. what a pity, i actually talked to four different doctors..

again, thanks in advance.
    Don't throw numbers away. Don't not talk to people. Don't waste away your life doing nothing. Emotion deals with motion. If you sit around doing nothing then yes, you are going to be depressed. You need to go outside and just do shit. You literally kill yourself just sitting doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.