Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ive done lfr/normal/heroic elegon every week since it was available and used a token for every kill except for lfr kills, and never seen the trinket drop either normally or through extra rolls until last night. sometimes i hate 10man loot
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

15+ Year Old Account
    If u dont raid (LFR aint raiding) then u dont need raiding gear
    Or do u want gear cause u look good while afking in org?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    This crossed my mind once or twice. I'm not so sure the PvP weapons (ilvl 470) are on par with the LFR ones though. Still, it would be forcing people to PvP, which is not really a good thing. With that said though, they have forced people to grind for PvE weapons to PvP when this season started.

Either way I think Valor point weapons is a very reasonable solution. It still requires time and effort to get them and negates the amount of frustration which comes with rolling 45+ times on bosses with weapons on their loot table and getting nothing.
    It would not be forcing you into anything. It is an option, nothing more. Also the expansion hasn't been out 3 months yet =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

First week I raided LFR on my Monk I got the Polearm from Spirit Kings and the following week I got the 1HD from Garajal (no coins used). I haven't seen (or heard of) one dropping yet on any raid my Shaman has done. It's all luck of the draw. I know it really sucks for melee classes (and Hunters) but, unfortunately, that's how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If u dont raid (LFR aint raiding) then u dont need raiding gear
    Or do u want gear cause u look good while afking in org?
    LFR is a great option for people that don't want to sell their soul to a game
    So you can take your elitist attitude elsewhere

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    First week I raided LFR on my Monk I got the Polearm from Spirit Kings and the following week I got the 1HD from Garajal (no coins used). I haven't seen (or heard of) one dropping yet on any raid my Shaman has done. It's all luck of the draw. I know it really sucks for melee classes (and Hunters) but, unfortunately, that's how it goes.
    It does suck..but it also makes getting a weapon so much more epic when you finally get one
    I remember back in wraith, I was stuck with the titan steel destroyer for what seemed like ever (it was a good month or 2 into ulduar).

Is this the right thread to say that I got the 2hand sword on my first Elegon LFR kill?
    And that I also got the Sha Axe from my first Sha of Fear kill... :P
    And when I think back, I got the sword from normal DS on my first kill aswell... Well, sucks to be you :P
    RNG is a bitch, realy.. Because I havent had a singel drop in two weeks though, clearing all LFR bosses and using coins : /
    To sum it up; I usualy use all my luck the two first weeks of each tier...
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Well, there ARE valor point weapons.. granted they are blues, and you can probably upgrade 364 blues to something better than a LFR weapon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, there ARE valor point weapons.. granted they are blues, and you can probably upgrade 364 blues to something better than a LFR weapon now.
    But then again - you can upgrade your LFR weapon to be even greater.. :P

And to those asking why he needs it when he only do LFR?
    Why do you "need" to get better gear in any form of this game? Why do you "need" to get transmog gear? Why do you "need" to get high amounts of gold you'll never use? Because it's fun.
    I gave up PvE this expansion, but I still do LFR - to get gear, cant say the joy in LFR is great. But getting better gear is always fun
    If it wasnt, why should anything in this game reward gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    In TBC was stuck using the sword from zul'aman because the tempest of chaos never dropped from hyjal..

I eventually replaced the sword with the staff from sunwell.

Ignore a lot of these people saying rng is rng. The LFR loot system is made to make it "feel" more like normal raiding except it really doesn't and this problem sets in. I'm currently trying to do the same on my monk. The reason we can gear so quickly in normal / heroic raids is because once an item drops, your chances increase next week. In LFR that does not work. Sure the personal roll system is great, but it still doesn't help that over time you could, through rng, never get the item you want.

So basically, I would just wish that blizzard implemented something that if you continually kill a boss in LFR, and never see the loot drop, it will slightly increase your chances on that item over time. And I'm talking a really small chance here, and maybe even a small bit more if you use a token.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    If all you do is grind dailies and LFR, why do you want a new weapon which makes the content you do even easier than it already is? Saving time is the only thing I can think of, but what's the point in playing a game and just making it quicker? I honestly don't understand why.
    One of the major motivational factors of playing an MMO is having progression for your character. When you're stuck stagnating in the same gear and feel like you can no longer make progression that motivation spirals down fast. I also find it frustrating that when it comes to PVP player's have an option of saving up for a decent weapon upgrade whereas PVE'ers have to rely on RNG. I hate PVP but felt forced into it due to having horrible luck with weapon drops and that's never a good place to be.

I got the 2h from Sha on my first run (lucked out on bonus roll). Last night got shoulders and 2x tier tokens in final 3 bosses in HOF (2 using bonus roll). 162 troll solves a no zin'rok. Life can be a shitter sometimes, other days your lucks in
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    I agree unrealeck, adding valor weapons for 3500 Valor would be a wonderful solution.
    Ya, It's not like everyone will be running around with one of those, it'll just insure that should you not be able to get one for 4 weeks you can get one, which I think is a pretty reasonable amount of time to try to get one. Alternatively op there are craftable weapons I think for every class. Also I prefer this system better, it was far better than seeing the weapon I needed drop week after week but only to have somebody take it that didn't need it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    That would make it unobtainable!! :O (3000 cap)

>.<

I agree though, Valor weapon would be nice.

3500 is 4 weeks of pure valor grinding and I think that is 'enough' of a hassle if you still dont have a weapon.
    even just 3000 cap is 3 weeks, and I think that is enough
    Yeah forgot about the Valor cap. Well even 3000 seems reasonable. It also puzzles me as to why there's only a couple of crafted epic weapons in the game. There's no epic axes or swords or maces, only staffs and off-hands. It seems as if they've just overlooked things a bit.

Yeah I do agree it sucks. We all want to be better and feel that personal gain of fuck yea. I know some people will give flack for posting but, eh. I feel for you though. I know how much it sucks. It happens to everyone some point or another. I ran my rogue through DS since day 1 getting full clears after week 6 and full heroic clears after week 13 or so. So I had multiple full heroic clears on it. Yet all the way up until literally the second to last week I NEVER got anything better than the stacking Agi LFR trinket or LFR vial of shadows... not even normal, nor heroic compass, vial or stacking one.. It sucks. I mean you may just be getting conpletely unlucky.

This expack, first 3 months on my monk, no sha loot, no gear except 2 pieces from LFR and 3 from normal raiding. I had to valor grind, pvp, and upgrade stuff to be viable with guild... But my hunter and mage alts hit 90 about a month ago. They both are almost fully epicced out with LFR gear, and I have 2 set on both from Sha. Wtf is this shit... Happened back in ICC to with an alt that got more geared than my main in 3 weeks than in 4 months. I would say just keep going at it. Keep head high. Blizzard are doing a better job with helping the unlucky (upgrades and whatnot) and I have a feeling that when we look back at this we will be happy that it took this long and gave us more to do isntead of cataclysm where its all done and said once firelands/DS hit.. like if you remember ICC everyone was like THIS SUCKS BLAH BLAH I HATE IT. Once firelands came around. Everyone was like ICC WAS SO AWESOME!

So I'd say keep your head high for now, you may look back and be happy you did not get bored the next time blizzard makes something that is retarded and too quick too finish.

EDIT: my monk has used 11x3 coins on weapon bosses...
    mage and hunter, only 5 combined. (they both have weps)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Yes however upgrading is irrelevant since the epic weapons can be upgraded too. Upgrading weapons is not exclusive to the blue weapons.

I'm not sure why people are asking why I want to be geared up quickly. I don't. Most people that play an RPG enjoy kitting out their character(s) with great items and watching them get stronger. You want to be able to deal more damage and take more damage and heal more. It's one of the most basic foundations of the genre. Telling me to do normal raids is not relevant either. Some people don't have access to them. LFR is intended for those people. The issue is not with LFR anyway, it's with the frustration that comes with having so many rolls on a boss' loot table and still getting no weapon.

You can buy armour with Valor points, why not weapons? Why can you craft weapons for a Monk or Druid but you can't craft one for a DK, Warrior or Ret Paladin? These are the points I'm getting at.

I waited 1 year for my Neltarion Trinket from Nef. Shut up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post
    One of the major motivational factors of playing an MMO is having progression for your character. When you're stuck stagnating in the same gear and feel like you can no longer make progression that motivation spirals down fast. I also find it frustrating that when it comes to PVP player's have an option of saving up for a decent weapon upgrade whereas PVE'ers have to rely on RNG. I hate PVP but felt forced into it due to having horrible luck with weapon drops and that's never a good place to be.
    Yes, agree with all of this.
    Like I said in my previous post, asking why I want to max out my gear for how I play (no normal or heroic raids etc) is a strange question to ask. One of the foundational elements of an RPG is that hunger to get stronger and to kit your character out as best you can for that sense of accomplishment in your own right.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel your pain, i'm still using the same blue wand from heroic scholomance that i got the day I hit 90, 3 days into the current expansion and my ilvl is 490

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have got 3 weapons from LFR, yes I have been lucky. Does the loot system need to be improved, yes. Is it broken, no.