12/6/12 "Hidden" Steam Sale

Was just looking through all the specials on steam and noticed... there's A LOT on sale right now.

Posting the list of the major ones up here in case anyone has been on the fence about some titles.

1. Left 4 Dead 1 & 2- $4.99 Each
    2. Counter-Strike: GO- $7.49
    3. Portal 2- $4.99
    4. Eve Online: Retribution- $5.00
    5. Borderlands 2- $44.99
    6. Orcs Must Die! 2- $3.74
    7. Castle Crashers- $5.09
    8. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine- $7.49
    9. Alan Wake- $7.50
    10. Serious Sam 3: BFE- $9.99
    11. Trine 2- $3.75
    12. Limbo- $2.49
    13. Magicka- $2.49
    14. Lego Batman 2- $10.19
    15. Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit- $3.74
    16. Mark of the Ninja- $10.04
    17. Lego Harry Potter- Both 'Years 1-4' and 'Years 5-7' are $6.79
    18. Deadlight- $10.04
    19. Braid- $2.50
    20. Shank 2- $3.39
    21. Awesomenauts- $4.99
    22. They Bleed Pixels- $3.39
    23. Pid- $5.99
    24. Don't Starve- $11.99

Anyways, that's the list of some of the major ones. You just have to click the "See all specials" button to see the full list. Some DLC is up here too, most is for the games that are on sale too.

It's quite possible that these games will be cheaper on winter sale, but some of these are as low as they usually get anyways.

Hope someone finds this as cool as I do.

-Happy Gaming-

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really hidden. It's a sale because of Steam Big Picture release for controller friendly games. I got a gigantic pop up once I restarted my Steam if I remember correctly.

Yeah, it's the Big Picture sale. They don't have it plastered all over the client, but it's been in gaming news sites and it's in the store page if you look about a little bit. There are a few other games on sale including Sine Mora.

Full list: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/big_picture_release

all these games have been on sale for about a week? now I believe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    all these games have been on sale for about a week? now I believe
    Yup, And the sale ends on the 9th.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    Always got my eye watching over the Steam Special section :P

Bring on Xmas sale Wooooo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yeah, it's the Big Picture sale. They don't have it plastered all over the client, but it's been in gaming news sites and it's in the store page if you look about a little bit. There are a few other games on sale including Sine Mora.

Full list: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/big_picture_release
    Are you plugging Sine Mora? :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's not really hidden. It's a sale because of Steam Big Picture release for controller friendly games. I got a gigantic pop up once I restarted my Steam if I remember correctly.
    I didn't it.

I don't usually look at the sales but damn, Orcs Must Die 2 is even more cheap than it was on the Autumn Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Are you plugging Sine Mora? :P
    A bit, played the demo a while back and found it quite interesting/fun. Big fan of bullet hell games, even though I am not very good at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Always got my eye watching over the Steam Special section :P

Bring on Xmas sale Wooooo
    The steam sales are the best. Any game that isn't a must have at release for me always gets relegated to a steam sale Amazon had some good black friday deals this year though for digital downloads.

10+ Year Old Account
    still waiting n new vegas price reduction then a 75% sale..

may take awile but im willing to do so

(same with skyrim once they finish all the DLC and release a goty)

How about the humble bundle sale?

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Pay $1 or more for Steam keys for Company of Heroes (and its two full-blown expansions Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor), Darksiders, Metro 2033, and Red Faction: Armageddon. And if you pay over the average price you’ll also receive Titan Quest, Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC, and the extraordinary Saints Row: The Third!
    You can choose to share the money between THQ, Child's Play and the American Red Cross, or just have it going to one of the three possible recipients. The "average price" is $5.62 right now.

Any of the cheaper games on there which are must buys?

Edit; definately getting Portal 2, and I already have Braid. What is Magicka btw? Never heard of it but it's so cheap I might as well find out, and is Limbo worth getting? I'll wait for the winter sale for Mark of the Ninja cause it will be cheaper then... any others which are worth looking into?

Second Edit; these games all work with normal computer mouse + keyboard setups too, right?
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-12-08 at 05:33 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post

Edit; definately getting Portal 2, and I already have Braid. What is Magicka btw? Never heard of it but it's so cheap I might as well find out, and is Limbo worth getting? I'll wait for the winter sale for Mark of the Ninja cause it will be cheaper then... any others which are worth looking into?

Second Edit; these games all work with normal computer mouse + keyboard setups too, right?
    Magicka is definitely one of most fun co-op out there, I wouldn't recommend it if you intend on playing it solo though. Same goes for Orcs Must(Co-Op) Die 2. Limbo is a small fun indie game, quite good.

Bought Limbo and Portal 2. What is Magicka exactly?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post

Magicka is definitely one of most fun co-op out there, I wouldn't recommend it if you intend on playing it solo though. Same goes for Orcs Must(Co-Op) Die 2. Limbo is a small fun indie game, quite good.
    You forgot the hapless murdering of your fellow friends for Magicka.