Page 1 of 33
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Daily Deals!

There has been a few threads popping up regarding daily deals found mostly on Newegg or similar US/North America-based e-tailer sites. Instead of having a new thread for each and every daily deal it's better if we locate them all in one major thread. Easy for everyone to see new deals (as they can subscribe to this thread) and it also keeps all discussion in once place.

Rules applies to this thread just as normal of course.

Any serious store/e-tailer in any part of the world is allowed, but try to keep it relevant. Nobody cares if you can find a second-hand HDD on eBay for a very low price sold by some a weird looking "Marest" from Sweden.

Deleted
    just for NA or also applies to EU?

Deleted
    Any country, anywhere. These boards are international. But as I said in the OP, try to keep it relevant.

Deleted
    For Swedish/Nordic members, there are some deals over at komplett.se:

Full list: http://www.komplett.se/k/kcf.aspx?id=7822

10+ Year Old Account

Tigerdirect Deals - 560ti and 3TB External

I don't know if this qualifies as 'advertising' per MMOC, but Tigerdirect has some pretty good deals right now for cheap upgrades. Keep in mind they likely have Mail In Rebates, but you can usually get those in a week or so these days with the quick rebate thing.

Zotac 560ti for $115 - Not a huge fan (no pun intended) of the single fan solution, however for that price, it's a dang good card for playing WoW.

WD 3TB External USB2.0 - $105 - USB2.0 is good enough for most people, and for the price it's hard to ignore. I picked up one, and am debating a second.
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-01-20 at 09:08 PM. Reason: removed affiliate links

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, those are pretty good deals! Sharp eye, Chazus!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

AFAIK advertising only counts if you stand to gain anything from it.

This is more of a public service announcement.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Don't bother with TigerDirect rebates. The whole system is built around making sure you don't actually get anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphexy View Post
    Don't bother with TigerDirect rebates. The whole system is built around making sure you don't actually get anything.
    Well, yeah. I guess if you don't actually send it in, you won't get it. But TigerDirect doesn't do the rebates, so your opinion on it is kind of invalidated in the first place.
    4myrebate does the rebate, and they're perfectly reliable. Rebate comes about a week after you mail it in on a card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphexy View Post
    Lol? I sent in a $20 rebate to Asus for a sound card I ordered off Tiger Direct (Asus Xonar DX) and I had also used a $30 gift card on. Ended up only paying $45 out of pocket, including shipping and taxes for the card. Used the $20 towards some fancy craft beers.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Zotac 560ti for $115 - Not a huge fan (no pun intended) of the single fan solution, however for that price, it's a dang good card for playing WoW.
    WoW? That thing will play everything at ultra with a few samples off aa and asf
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    WoW? That thing will play everything at ultra with a few samples off aa and asf

Play everything in ultra? Sure, if you don't mind occasional dips in framerate and choppy gameplay, people need to stop spreading their terrible "opinions" (because they're not facts) of how hardware can simply run everything maxed or almost maxed out.. ESPECIALLY without mentioning resolution and other hardware like processor.....

Tigerdirect is terrible at honoring rebates. That is the only problem with tigerdirect.

Gotta stay on them when they choose to revoke a rebate...so in that Tigerdirect honor them.

Deleted
    Merged with the Mega Thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by majinsnake View Post
    Tigerdirect is terrible at honoring rebates. That is the only problem with tigerdirect.

Gotta stay on them when they choose to revoke a rebate...so in that Tigerdirect honor them.
    I don't know how you get the idea that Tiger Direct has any say in Mail-in MFR... I've mailed one in and had no issue. In fact, it went directly to Asus, Tiger Direct had no say...
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    Play everything in ultra? Sure, if you don't mind occasional dips in framerate and choppy gameplay, people need to stop spreading their terrible "opinions" (because they're not facts) of how hardware can simply run everything maxed or almost maxed out.. ESPECIALLY without mentioning resolution and other hardware like processor.....
    Sure, any higher end ( i5 7xx / 965BE )and up processor from the last 3 generations would do the trick at 1080p. It assumed that 1080p was obvious in this case. Either way, I agree about the "opinion" thing, it's just that there's also those who try to pass their terrible opinion off as fact.
    The only games that might give that GPU a run for it's money are poorly optimized ones and heavily featured ones, like CODBO2/SeriousSam3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Sure, any higher end ( i5 7xx / 965BE )and up processor from the last 3 generations would do the trick at 1080p. It assumed that 1080p was obvious in this case. Either way, I agree about the "opinion" thing, it's just that there's also those who try to pass their terrible opinion off as fact.
    The only games that might give that GPU a run for it's money are poorly optimized ones and heavily featured ones, like CODBO2/SeriousSam3
    Having an OC'd 560 Ti, I can say that The Witcher 2 is one of the ones that is just so damn impressively graphically intensive, that it makes my computer cry. lol. Luckily I don't play it. Played it for not even an hour after buying it on the Steam summer sale, hated the controls and crappy frame rates I was getting at about medium, and exited. :P

Only other game that the 560 Ti only barely handles at higher settings is Rift, granted Rift uses the Gamebryo engine (poor optimizations), but in some areas I have trouble getting a stable 60 fps, but in others it can be the CPU. Quite intensive, to be fair, for an MMO.
    "A flower.

Watch this shell shocker today after 1:00PM PST if you're in the market for a solid PSU.

Antec Neo ECO 620c which is a Seasonic 620w S12II. - $29.99 after $20 MIR
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371031
    Last edited by Dizey; 2013-01-22 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Having an OC'd 560 Ti, I can say that The Witcher 2 is one of the ones that is just so damn impressively graphically intensive, that it makes my computer cry. lol. Luckily I don't play it. Played it for not even an hour after buying it on the Steam summer sale, hated the controls and crappy frame rates I was getting at about medium, and exited. :P

Only other game that the 560 Ti only barely handles at higher settings is Rift, granted Rift uses the Gamebryo engine (poor optimizations), but in some areas I have trouble getting a stable 60 fps, but in others it can be the CPU. Quite intensive, to be fair, for an MMO.
    Really? My 5850 ran the witcher 2 pretty damn well without that "This will kill your computer" option turned on

Silver Power SP-S460FL 460W PSU 35% off for Swedes.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450