Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Some kind of flightless bird. Smaller than an emu, but larger than a goose.
    If im back in England anytime soon sir the first round of beer is on me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    You mean like this?

I actually watch PMQ's, so funny.
    Yeah, PMQ's is pretty hilarious, FMQ's doesn't quite reach it's entertainment value, this is about the best we get:

Honestly, I feel like an MP shouting "Your mom!" wouldn't be out of place in a PMQ's debate, especially because the backbenchers all join in with catcalls afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Americans spawned from Europeans?
    That's basically the reason.
    But hell, I'd still stake that majority of middle class Americans or lower couldn't point out Europe on a map.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    But hell, I'd still stake that majority of middle class Americans or lower couldn't point out Europe on a map.
    That's a pretty damn absurd assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post

Thats why!

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Because Americans spawned from Europeans?
    That's basically the reason.
    Sure, most Americans are spawned from western and southern Europeans, but there are many Americans of Asian and African descent.
    Last edited by Raidenx; 2012-12-06 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    Americans stating their disinterest for half the planet. Shocker. Is this why most Americans never leave the state they are born in?

Well, all of my ancestors came from Germany and Italy, so... um..

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post

Thats why!
    Let me just say that this is accurate. Tyvm
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrules14 View Post
    Well, all of my ancestors came from Germany and Italy, so... um..
    They had a poor background and managed to reestablish themselves in the United States of America to try and get away from poverty and poor Government? Haha, suckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    Americans stating their disinterest for half the planet. Shocker. Is this why most Americans never leave the state they are born in?
    Going to need to see a source for this. There's a big difference between never "leaving" your state and living in one state your whole life. You can't tell me that most Europeans move out of their birth country to live in another country. The reasons for never moving away should be obvious. Family, friends, etc.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by Aralakh View Post
    That's a pretty damn absurd assumption.
    Ain't this how 99.54% Americans view the world?

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Going to need to see a source for this. There's a big difference between never "leaving" your state and living in one state your whole life. You can't tell me that most Europeans move out of their birth country to live in another country. The reasons for never moving away should be obvious. Family, friends, etc.
    Well considering next to no one has money, I could see how people are afraid to move a great distance into a new state. Can I really back it up? No, but it seems reasonable off that basis. However, knowing that I could buy a mansion in another state at the fraction of a three bedroom California home, I can see why people would also want to get the hell out.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Ain't this how 99.54% Americans view the world?
    *Snip*
    I can confirm that to be incorrect. The one Zoomgpally posted is a bit more of an accurate display. However, Kuthe being horribly ignorant of the situation, doesn't seem to realize that the US revolution is beaten into us as a young age. We know where everyone is within the third grade just to clarify the situation.
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    They had a poor background and managed to reestablish themselves in the United States of America to try and get away from poverty and poor Government? Haha, suckers.
    Like the rest of the immigrants that fled to America, yes. But of course, they triumphed successfully. Now before you make anymore dipshit comments to make yourself look like an asshole, I suggest you change your fucking mindset.

Have a good day. :)

Like the rest of the immigrants that fled to America, yes. But of course, they triumphed successfully. Now before you make anymore dipshit comments to make yourself look like an asshole, I suggest you change your fucking mindset.

Have a good day.
    Point was the Government here is screwing everyone over and is greatly in debt. Don't be so quick to be defensive.

Point was the Government here is screwing everyone over and is greatly in debt. Don't be so quick to be defensive.
    Well, I mean you seriously just did insult me and my whole family, so I don't really understand why I wouldn't.
    Please proofread the next time, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Why does 'leaving' your state mean move forever? I was not talking about moving house and home, simply talking about how most Americans literally never throughout their life leave the confines of their state

Well, I mean you seriously just did insult me and my whole family, so I don't really understand why I wouldn't.
    Please proofread the next time, thanks.
    Actually the first part was praise for pushing to make a better life for themselves and the second half was laughing at the irony of the situation. DON'T WORRY MAN, I STILL LOVE YOU!

Why does 'leaving' your state mean move forever? I was not talking about moving house and home, simply talking about how most Americans literally never throughout their life leave the confines of their state
    That itself I can't believe. I don't even like to travel and I've been out of state various times. The pleasure of being in the United States is that each state is almost like it's own country. People are different when you go between cities. Even in large states like California, going from Orange County to Northern California you even see a shift in how people act. This brings in all sorts of attractions with food, large amusement parks and just visiting other family. Hell, everyone in high school talks about a "cross country road trip" of sorts at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I asked for you to link the source of this information. And while I have zero proof it smells like pure BS to me. But I'm not the one making the statement, you are. Thus you provide the source of the information.

And even if you are correct, and as I've stated I have no information other than gut feeling you aren't, try not to forget we have many states larger than many European countries.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Actually the first part was praise for pushing to make a better life for themselves and the second half was laughing at the irony of the situation. DON'T WORRY MAN, I STILL LOVE YOU!
    Let's see:

"They had a poor background and managed to reestablish themselves in the United States of America to try and get away from poverty and poor Government? Haha, suckers."

That's enough to piss me off, thank you very much.
    Fucking besides, it's confusing enough to make it difficult to understand you don't mean harm.

15+ Year Old Account
    More culturally interesting, better scenery, better architecture. I just like it more
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Tethrys View Post
    More culturally interesting, better scenery, better architecture. I just like it more
    In my opinion the USA has better scenery. I don't think anything compares if you're just matching countries. North America vs Europe is more fair.