Shadow Priest Encounter Tips & Tricks

Hiya Priest community.

I've been wondering as I'm progressing forward in T14 what fights hold a trick that could allow us to skip a mechanic. And then I thought, why not look to you all? I always try to find ways of avoiding mechanics if my class will allow it, so I'd like to ask what you guys know, and maybe perhaps have done.

I'd like to try and collect them all here in time, so I'll probably come back and edit useful ones into this post.

Deleted
    Hello!

Here are my tips and tricks for our fellow spriests:

- we can solo soak Unseen strike in dispersion (normal mode) on Blade Lord;
    - we can skip some damage from Attenuation and/or Force and Verve in dispersion on Imperial Vizier (if we screw our positioning) and we should try to have our fears on CD while on the MC platform
    - we can use dispersion to clear some cobalt mines on Stone Guard;
    - we can use dispersion on the arcane phase on Feng, when we get resonance and he's casting velocity;
    - use dispersion on Gara'jal when targeted by Voodo dolls and when healers are struggling;
    - using mindflay glyph on Will of the Emperor will let us "tank" the Strenghts (in case no melees are present or w/e) as the speed boost makes it easier to run from the stun

Please note that im 1/6 in hof (progressing Blade Lord) and that I'm a rather casual raider, so some of those tricks are trivial, but everything helps

Also, first post!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyek View Post
    - we can skip some damage from Attenuation and/or Force and Verve in dispersion on Imperial Vizier (if we screw our positioning) and we should try to have our fears on CD while on the MC platform
    - we can use dispersion to clear some cobalt mines on Stone Guard;
    - we can use dispersion on the arcane phase on Feng, when we get resonance and he's casting velocity;
    - use dispersion on Gara'jal when targeted by Voodo dolls and when healers are struggling;
    Use Glyph of Fade for all of this as well, especially Gara'jal's dolls.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

One thing I'd like to add for Sha, is using Fear ward(blocks the initial fear) combined with Dispersion(damage mitigation) to negate a breath, to have better up-time on the first set of adds that he spawns. Just makes it easier on us, not having to move for a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniclenser View Post
    One thing I'd like to add for Sha, is using Fear ward(blocks the initial fear) combined with Dispersion(damage mitigation) to negate a breath, to have better up-time on the first set of adds that he spawns. Just makes it easier on us, not having to move for a little bit.
    Using it on Empress blocks the damage as well. Combined with WotF, you never need dispels.

You asked for tricks to skip a mechanic. Here is a useless but fun way to skip flying away to the pagoda on the Sha of Fear encounter. It waits for you to finish your cast before you fly away, but you should be able to keep it up indefinitely by channeling Mind Flay, clipping when refreshing. This will not be helping your raid in any way though, unless perhaps if the boss is very close to dying.

A better tip for that fight: you can cast spells (at least instant spells, did not try those with cast time) when flying to a pagoda. This means you can refresh dots as you fly away, then heal yourelf with renew, and land with prayer of mending and fear ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
    A better tip for that fight: you can cast spells (at least instant spells, did not try those with cast time) when flying to a pagoda. This means you can refresh dots as you fly away, then heal yourelf with renew, and land with prayer of mending and fear ward.
    Fear Ward the tank that's getting on the platform, not yourself. You can easily dodge the spray, while he has to pick up the globules no matter what.

This could be a potentially bad tip but I used it in LFR because I didn't feel like moving. But, on Le Shi, there's a spot towards the stairs going up to Sha, that you can get stuck on (it's the the corner from where the stairs meet the ledge)

I'll try to post a picture later, but you basically don't need to move if you stand in it.

Deleted
    At Hc Elegon 25: Casting Cascade on Elegon one global cooldown after Sparks spawn will make your Cascade effectively hit every Spark making your dmg on sparks rather sufficient.