Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WvW is basically a shitty copy of DAoC's RvR with nonexistent class balance, annoying gear grind, atrocious reward system, quasi-instanced zones crippled by a flawed opponent matching system and quite simply no viable environment for good PvP to develop.

SPvP doesn't suffer from these problems, but ultimately also falls flat due to several constraints on the player's influence on the game (similarly to, but not nearly as horrible as GW1). Floaty controls, severely limited camera distance and field of vision as well as biased, incompetent or deluded designers have thwarted a properly functioning implementation of an otherwise well-designed system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    WvW is basically a shitty copy of DAoC's RvR with nonexistent class balance, annoying gear grind, atrocious reward system, quasi-instanced zones crippled by a flawed opponent matching system and quite simply no viable environment for good PvP to develop.

SPvP doesn't suffer from these problems, but ultimately also falls flat due to several constraints on the player's influence on the game (similarly to, but not nearly as horrible as GW1). Floaty controls, severely limited camera distance and field of vision as well as biased, incompetent or deluded designers have thwarted a properly functioning implementation of an otherwise well-designed system.
    Rofl someones overly high expectations didnt come through. On topic GW2 pvp is fine a lot more balanced and fun than other mmo games offering of pvp. The fact i don't have to grind gear will always be a winner for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post

aaaahh, how nostalgia clouds the mind. people so easily forget just how flawed the RvR system in DAoC really was, it's actually quite entertaining.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    PvP wise it's one of the best games out there.
    This pretty much nails it IMO.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    If you live in Oceania (Aus/NZ) then PvP is mostly a joke. It's alright to have fun and even rank up a bit, but always remember to bow to your low-latency US overlords because dodging and anything else reflex-based will have no effect most of the time, not unless you can see into the future
    Paying for tunneling services can help, but not by much (and then GW2 wouldn't exactly be free would it :P).
    I learned this quickly so I stick to PvE, but even there the delay is uber-punishing on the more difficult fights.
    What latency do you normally get?

10+ Year Old Account
    WvW is pretty sweet if the 3 servers are fairly equally matched. Having some good commanders on either sides helps a lot as well.
    I haven't had a lot of experience in sPvP but that'll come soon enough now that I can focus on the game a bit more
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    What latency do you normally get?
    Make what you want out of this : /

I don't know whether it was very clever or very stupid of ArenaNet to skip having an ingame latency meter/indicator...like every online game has had for the last 10 years....
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Make what you want out of this : /

I don't know whether it was very clever or very stupid of ArenaNet to skip having an ingame latency meter/indicator...like every online game has had for the last 10 years....
    Or you know, a gear inspection system and a trade system? Like every MMORPG has had for the last 10 years.....or at least most of them.

Would really like to know why Anet didn't put in a gear inspection system like WoW's? Is there a need for it? It would be nice to see people's builds and gear.

A player to player trade system would be nice, sure. A gear inspection system? Meh

Would really like to know why Anet didn't put in a gear inspection system like WoW's? Is there a need for it? It would be nice to see people's builds and gear.
    Then you get the elitest's kicking people for not running the right build, or having full exotics.

It's not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Then you get the elitest's kicking people for not running the right build, or having full exotics.

It's not needed.
    Hm, you got a point.

Though GW2 has the nicest community I've ever seen in an MMO(on Crystal Desert atleast). I guess people could turn that way.