Thread: Xbox version

Xbox version

Hey guys I just recently started the xbox version of this game since my computer can not handle it and i was just wondering what the xbox version does not have at the moment and if you guys think the xbox version will get any of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know personally but this is what I found on the Minecraft Wiki:

Differences from PC edition

The Xbox 360 Edition was released based on an earlier version of the PC edition (Beta 1.6.6), and therefore lacked some items and features, such as sprinting. The first major update occurred on June 15, 2012, fixing minor bugs and adding minor features; it does not have a PC equivalent. The second major update occurred on October 16, 2012, adding features from Beta 1.8.

The Xbox 360 Edition doesn't make use of the standard crafting interface as in the original version, but still has similarities to the PC's 2x2 and 3x3 crafting grids. The interface doesn't require the Player to place items in the correct place in a crafting menu, but simply shows the blocks required to craft the selected item, and crafts it if the Player has enough blocks.

The game features split-screen functionality,[7] however an HDTV with a Component or HDMI cable required for Split-Screen play. Split-screen functionality works with a VGA connection to a PC monitor as well as HDMI-to-DVI cables to a PC monitor. Up to 4 players can play in split screen*, as well as the possibility to play 8-person online multiplayer game modes in split-screen.

The Xbox 360 Edition includes a tutorial mode not included in the PC version of the game. This tutorial leads the player through the basics of digging and placing blocks, crafting, as well as building their first house to survive the night (video).

You cannot change a world's difficulty while in game. You can however change it when you select the world that you want to play.

You always begin a new world with a map.

Unlike the PC version, each world in the Xbox 360 Edition is currently limited to 862 by 862 blocks. This is approximately the size of an in-game map. It is expected, but unknown if the world size will be increased along with the updates that will bring the Xbox 360 Edition up to date with the PC version.

Unlike the PC edition in which players have the ability to use any image file as their skin, the Xbox 360 Edition only allows players to choose from one of the skins available as default or from downloadable content.

The Xbox 360 version doesn't contain an End portal, or any fixing requirements. However, the player still receives Ender pearls after killing an Enderman.

I heard there was something like dungeons in the PC version, is this true?I really hope they make the world bigger on the xbox version.

Xbox version is just one big scam. Always behind PC with updates, you have to buy skins and you cant create your own, no texture packs, no mods, just hollow skeleton that is vanilla minecraft.

Deleted
    If the PC version of Minecraft was a Ferrari, the xbox version would be a top of the range Kia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    If the PC version of Minecraft was a Ferrari, the xbox version would be a top of the range Kia.
    I would have gone with rusty unicycle actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I would have gone with rusty unicycle actually.
    Nah it's still quite fun, especially in multiplayer, and it is quintessentially Minecraft after all... it just has a tiny percentage of the potential of the PC version! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    $20 xbox version vs $30 PC, is the PC really worth the extra $10?

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    I think I listed above why 10$ cheaper version is not worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    The PC version is worthy of double what they charge for it.

The xbox version is hardly worthy of half what they charge for it.