... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    You already been told that.

It ain't server pvp.
    So that makes it "carebear PVP"? Wat?

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    this is what we want leave battle group pvp to bg's
    Please tell me where I can get absolutely unhindered PVP in BGs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So that makes it "carebear PVP"? Wat?[COLOR="red"]
    ?
    Vanilla and to a lesser extent TBC had mass ganking.

No one complained. Why not? Well the only difference is the server thing. Must be that then.

Rolls PvP server

Says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I like the instance PvP
    Complains about world PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    Deathwing?
    Got the achieve without being killed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 01:27 PM ----------

So that makes it "carebear PVP"? Wat?
    WoW PvP *is* carebear PvP as there's no consequences.

Now go onto EvE and try faction PvP everyday and see how much it'll crimp your playtime without a ship.

Now go onto a MUD where losing that $5,000 (RL money) axe that was lost will crimp your PvP uberness without it.

It's because there's no consequences people can gank to abandon.

I've played in games where PvP had serious consequences both in game resources and your RL pocketbook. So I look at WoW as truly carebear, and even more so when I see huffing and puffing that gankers are so "elite".
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I like the instance PvP (and world PvP when it's realm based), but CRZ PvP as it is now brings in all what's bad in WoW to a nasty head on a pimple.
    Why do you feel the need to debate about the functionality of the PvP realms if you do not enjoy the playstyle and do not play on one?

This is not my way of telling you to get out of here, but rather I am curious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just for the records, CRZ now spreads into major cities which means, you can track down those bastards who ganked your lvl 69 alt and get your revenge!

<-- Check forum name. Notice the realm?

Then check this...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/statistic#21

I play PvP as a side game, but WoW is a MMORPG, not a MMOFPS.

So...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or8q02BQFLY
    How the hell should I know anything about US realms? And if Shandris is not a PVP realm, why are you in this thread in the first place? This thread is about those of us who enjoy the dangers of PVP realms. If you don't do that, that's fine. Not everyone has to. But what isn't fine is people who don't like unlimited PVP servers trying to put limits on a realmtype that's supposed to have no limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Just for the records, CRZ now spreads into major cities which means, you can track down those bastards who ganked your lvl 69 alt and get your revenge!
    link to this?

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 06:33 PM ----------

Please tell me where I can get absolutely unhindered PVP in BGs?
    i dont know, but whats the point of bg's and rbg's when crz now gives the same experience except without the instance? so why don't we just remove them?

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell should I know anything about US realms? And if Shandris is not a PVP realm, why are you in this thread in the first place? This thread is about those of us who enjoy the dangers of PVP realms. If you don't do that, that's fine. Not everyone has to. But what isn't fine is people who don't like unlimited PVP servers trying to put limits on a realmtype that's supposed to have no limits.
    Well, you assumed something else not true.

Just because it involves a PvP realm, doesn't remove it ever spilling over to PvE realms, too. Tomorrow Blizzard can change things to how CRZ began with mixed realms.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Just because it involves a PvP realm, doesn't remove it ever spilling over to PvE realms, too. Tomorrow Blizzard can change things to how CRZ began with mixed realms.
    any link to support your claim that crz started with mixed realms?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The idea that you will only face other people from your server was never part of that agreement. The idea that it won't be all that common was never part of that agreement. These are all assumptions that some people made, based on the current dynamic, but they were not part of the rule set and thus not something Blizzard had any obligation to preserve.
    Umm all those things were part of the 'agreement' as you call it. Not ever one had the crystal ball you seem to have. People without precognition who have been on pvp realms did not know that blizzard would add CRZ to the game like you. So they assumed that when they were out being ganked or ganking then it would be people from their own realm. The only salient point you made in the drivel you wrote was thus not something Blizzard had any obligation to preserve. In this you are quite correct but i think it is incredibly naive to assume such a fundamental change in the way pvp realms operate would not ruffle a good few feathers.

Each to their own i guess.

Vanilla and to a lesser extent TBC had mass ganking.

No one complained. Why not? Well the only difference is the server thing. Must be that then.
    Different playerbase? If the game sucks so much compared to then as I'm sure many would say, and the game has twice as many players now as it did back in TBC, wouldn't most of the original playerbase have left the game by now? We know that Rob Pardo (I think it was him anyway) stated a couple of years back that the amount of people no longer playing were triple the amount of people actually playing. That's a lot of water under the bridge.

And if that doesn't hold true, perhaps it's a change in attitude? People change a lot over 8 years.

Or it's simply another case of rose-tinted glasses. We've had a few of those over the years (fuck yeah, not having to spend 40 minutes conjuring water prior to a raid, or spending an hour farming soulstones for summons and healthstones).

Ruins the point of no-rules servers, don't you think?
    Just saying, people tend to resort back to the "They can gank and just fly away" Not stoping them from ganking, or even logging out, just stop them from flying away afterwerds, gives people a chance to at least kill them on higher levels.

as there's no consequences.
    Then where do the complaints come from? And I'd like to hear this one from you, not the other dude.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Indeed, I was rather surprised when I went to Ironforge to pick up the Winter Veil quest. Good change too, those cities needed some love in terms of population.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    link to this?
    Just go to one of the other major cities.

i dont know, but whats the point of bg's and rbg's when crz now gives the same experience except without the instance? so why don't we just remove them?
    BGs and arenas are a controlled environment. You're always equal and know what the opponent has available to them, and what you have available to yourself. There's always backup if you get in trouble.

Open world PVP on PVP realms are the exact opposite of that. You're never equal, you never know what could be lurking over the nearest ridge, you can never be sure that your cooldowns are ready in time. And some of us are fascinated and attracted to that playstyle.

If they suddenly were to change the core policy of PVP realms to something that suited your needs better, where should the rest of us who signed up for rule-less servers go? It's not our fault you signed up for something you didn't truly understand the nature of.

10+ Year Old Account
    You already been told that.

It ain't server pvp.
    And server-only PvP was never once ever promised. That was how things worked out, but it was a consequence of architecture, not a feature. CRZ allowed them to get around the architecture, but it was still never a promised feature.

You've continuously failed to provide any source to dispute that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Umm all those things were part of the 'agreement' as you call it. Not ever one had the crystal ball you seem to have.
    It's not about precognition, it's about knowing the simple fact that the only things that they are in any way obliged to retain are those detailed in the specific agreements you have agreed to. This isn't even unique to WoW; it's true of every agreement you make with any company for the rest of your life.

You can't make assumptions on things that aren't set out in the agreements. If you buy a car and don't specify the color until after you sign the papers because you assumed it would be the same red as the car you test drove, it's your fault when they give you a blue one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then where do the complaints come from?
    This thread started as some justification for ganking. While ignoring Blizzard's philosophy of WoW PvP in general...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or8q02BQFLY

It's bound to have plenty of complaints from all corners (and why such threads even exist).

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 02:00 PM ----------

And server-only PvP was never once ever promised.
    CRZ was neither.

Well, you assumed something else not true.

Mixed realms on CRZ was a mistake, openly admitted by Blizzard, and fixed in short order. PVE realms are there for a reason: To provide an experience for people who are not interested in the ganking and no-rules experience provided by PVE servers. Blizzard would alienate a lot of people if they suddenly changed PVE servers on purpose.

And yes, I assumed as such due to your behaviour in this thread. A thread created by one who enjoys open unlimited PVP with absolutely no rules whatsoever. And one who is in fact supported by an official statement from Blizzard themselves. Which was the reason for the thread being started in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ was neither.
    It's covered under the TOS, where Blizzard reserves the right to change just about anything they want to in the game.

There was NO agreement with players that world PvP was intended to be server-restricted, ever. Nobody has provided a single source for that. It was never promised, and the introduction of CRZ breaks no agreements Blizzard made with its customers. At all.

Deleted
    And server-only PvP was never once ever promised. That was how things worked out, but it was a consequence of architecture, not a feature. CRZ allowed them to get around the architecture, but it was still never a promised feature.

You've continuously failed to provide any source to dispute that.
    My argument doesn't require anything except to point at the evidence of 8 years of server based pvp.

Pvp server meant only people from your server for 8 years. You can wave all the policies and blue posts you like - they don't matter. Things were how they were, and people made decisions based on how they were. How things are/were > some concept in a manual no one ever read.

It's not about precognition, it's about knowing the simple fact that the only things that they are in any way obliged to retain are those detailed in the specific agreements you have agreed to. This isn't even unique to WoW; it's true of every agreement you make with any company for the rest of your life.

You can't make assumptions on things that aren't set out in the agreements. If you buy a car and don't specify the color until after you sign the papers because you assumed it would be the same red as the car you test drove, it's your fault when they give you a blue one.
    Except in this case the colour isn't specified, you've been given a blue one, driven it for 8 years and wake up one morning to find it's being sprayed red while sat on your driveway. Yes, the contract might say they can do it, but 99.99% of humans in such a situation will first of all go "wtf is this shit?"

That is not Blizzard's philosophy regarding the WoW PvP. That is the opinion of the Diablo 3 development team regarding the direction they want Diablo 3 to go and whether they want to balance the abilities in that game around PvP.

I am hoping that you stop continuously spamming the link as it has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand.