Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    If you want to deal with other servers in PvP, WoW has an opt-in...it's called battlegrounds.
    That is not what I asked. I asked if you also think that free server migrations and/or paid server transfers from one pvp realm to another is acceptable.

I also wonder if people would be throwing tantrums if Blizzard just took low population realms and merged them into high population realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    when i rolled on a pvp server when i started playing i actually enjoyed getting cant on my chars as i could get on my main and fight them, unfortunately i cant do that now as they can run back to their on servers SW/pandaria where i cant touch them. which saddens me as the only reason i enjoyed wpvp was coz i could get revenge from my ganker.
    This is no different than if they'd run back to your server's protected zones.

so in light of what you said im gona have to say that the rule set has changed, since gankers can avoid the "real" pvp situation when mains come,

be4 you say anything endus, if they are on my server i have a chance of meting them on the way to a raid or while doing dailies. if they aren't the chance of meting them again is almost zero
    The CRZ connections are set, not dynamic. So you do have a fair chance of meeting them again. You're just dealing with a larger population overall; if they gank Blasted Lands every day at 4, you can go to the Blasted Lands at 4 and find them.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I also wonder if people would be throwing tantrums if Blizzard just took low population realms and merged them into high population realms.
    Forced name/guild name changes, people having to delete toons if they have enough on both servers in question to put them over the cap (let alone having a DK on each), etc.

Server merges aren't the simple solution some people think. Especially since it doesn't address old world zones; it just means there's a higher overall population, but the older zones are still unpopulated relative to Pandaria, since most players are focusing on the new content. That's why they went with CRZ; they can adjust it to ensure that those zones are actively populated, even if the population shifts, which server merges don't protect against, and on a zone-by-zone basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    You can still get your revenge. Just exact it on other players. The same situation has happened to me a number of times, I got there on my main and noone was around. So you know what I did? Spent 10 minutes cleansing the zone of every red player I could find. At that point, mission accomplished. Got back on my alt and continued on.

Who cares about individual revenge when you're at war. Make all the other players pay for their factions injustice against you.
    sorry but im not as sad as the gankers i wont kill about 90 low lvls just because 2+ max lvl chars ganked me a few times im not gona stoop to the level of those gankers

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry but im not as sad as the gankers i wont kill about 90 low lvls just because 2+ max lvl chars ganked me a few times im not gona stoop to the level of those gankers
    You don't want to gank people.

You don't want to GET ganked.

Why are you on a PvP server again? That's the sum total reason or their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is no different than if they'd run back to your server's protected zones.
    iI knew that was coming thats why i put the 2nfd part in and as i said if they are on a different server i cant find them again but if they are on my server in there shrine/org i most likely find them again

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    CRZs are a busted design.
    CRZs are the technology of tomorrow, so to say. MMORPGs are moving away from the single shard/realm mindset and becoming more universal.

You don't want to gank people.

You don't want to GET ganked.

Why are you on a PvP server again? That's the sum total reason or their existence.
    if i get ganked i wana kill the ganker killing level 25-85 chars out of revenge is just as bad as the gankers, if i get ganked i go after 90;'s and its not that i don't wana get ganked its that i don't wana get ganked from people NOT on my server

10+ Year Old Account
    iI knew that was coming thats why i put the 2nfd part in and as i said if they are on a different server i cant find them again but if they are on my server in there shrine/org i most likely find them again
    CRZ is not LFD/LFR. There's specific servers you CRZ with. It's not random. So yes, you CAN find them again. It's just expanding the population to an appropriate amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    CRZs are an indication of the technology of tomorrow. MMORPGs are moving away from the single shard/realm mindset and becoming more universal.
    This. Blizzard has added CRZ to WoW not so much to solve an immediate problem, but to prove out CRZ for application to future game systems, both in WoW and elsewhere.

For example, dynamic world content works best when there's a suitable density of players in a zone. CRZ enables that density to be maintained even as game populations and usage patterns fluctuate.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

CRZ is not LFD/LFR. There's specific servers you CRZ with. It's not random. So yes, you CAN find them again. It's just expanding the population to an appropriate amount.
    i think i just remembered where ill find the ganker's now, brb off to helfire, also as i said killing low level's out of revenge for me being ganked ins't me so ill be going after 90's

10+ Year Old Account
    if i get ganked i wana kill the ganker killing level 25-85 chars out of revenge is just as bad as the gankers, if i get ganked i go after 90;'s and its not that i don't wana get ganked its that i don't wana get ganked from people NOT on my server
    Why does it matter if they're on your server? CRZ shares specific realms with each other, and they're not dynamic; if Blasted Lands for you is CRZing with three other servers, those three are the ones it will always CRZ with unless Blizzard tweaks it (which they'll only do most likely if it changes to too many/not enough in that area).

You can see what server they're from in their name, so you can still roll a level on on their server to rage at them, if that's why you want them on your server. Other than that, I don't see the relevance of the complaint. You absolutely CAN hunt them down in that zone. If they leave, you can't, but that'd be true anyway.

And there's no way to improve the old world zone populations without doing something like this. Server merges would just lead to either still-barren old world zones, or way-too-busy Pandaria zones. If the tradeoff for actual lively engaging zones is that I'm less likely to chance across them randomly later on, I'm perfectly willing to accept that tradeoff and can't understand why anyone wouldn't.

Unless their issue is they don't like getting ganked, in which case, PvE realm. That's what they're for.

This response is reminiscent of the "heroics are hard" post from Cata and we all know how that turned out.

Here's what I don't get about CRZ; If you're on a low pop realm CRZ doesn't really do anything to alleviate your problems. All it does is put more people in zones where grouping is discouraged. Group quests have basically been removed. If you do group with someone then you suffer an xp loss and have to compete for quest items. Established players have looms that let them blast through old content anyways. Meanwhile new players that join the game are still getting the low pop realms recommended to them when they make a character.

And the world PvP we get is anything but engaging. If I gank someone my own level they just log and get on their 90 anyways. Why do we need all the lvl 90s from our entire battle group?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

lame i went to the place where i got ganked the most "hellfire peninsula" and its completely empty...... not to sure where else to try, when i was leveling the portal entrance wasn't that bad...

Like Endus said you're playing on the wrong server type then. If you have a moral problem with open pvp, and only want controlled pvp, you should play on a PvE server and do battlegrounds/arena for your pvp. That is what PvE servers are for. Its not for people deadly against PvP - tons of people on PvE servers run battlegrounds and arena.

It sounds to me like you're the *perfect* player to be a on a pve server. You won't get ganked. You won't have the ability to gank, and you're ok with that. And you'll still have your controlled pvp environment with 90's only.

So the real question is, why not just play there instead of trying to CHANGE the other type of server which caters to those of us who enjoy a gank-filled, exciting world pvp environment? :\

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Like Endus said you're playing on the wrong server type then. If you have a moral problem with open pvp, and only want controlled pvp, you should play on a PvE server and do battlegrounds/arena for your pvp. That is what PvE servers are for. Its not for people deadly against PvP - tons of people on PvE servers run battlegrounds and arena.

It sounds to me like you're the *perfect* player to be a on a pve server. You won't get ganked. You won't have the ability to gank, and you're ok with that. And you'll still have your controlled pvp environment with 90's only.

So the real question is, why not just play there instead of trying to CHANGE the other type of server which caters to those of us who enjoy a gank-filled, exciting world pvp environment? :\
    1 i realy cba leveling 5 characters form scratch again.
    2. this isnt really the best time of the year to pay £75 for server transfer
    3. it only bothered me while leveling with crz i lost all intention level a new character ( all 5 are 90) and
    4. im not trying to change it ganking lowbies just isnt my style and never has been

Why does it matter if they're on your server?
    If I want to fight randoms I can BG. World PvP should be against people from your world. I can't hunt down notorious gankers from other servers in Pandaria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    If I want to fight randoms I can BG. World PvP should be against people from your world. I can't hunt down notorious gankers from other servers in Pandaria.
    endus this is why i want them to be on my server

10+ Year Old Account
    endus this is why i want them to be on my server
    And to the both of you, again, it's a short list of people being CRZed in with you. You won't run into them in Pandaria, but if they're ganking in the old world, you probably will.

And it's an exceedingly minor issue that I'm more than happy to allow if it means the old world is no longer barren like it's been for years.

Slight strawman, but if CRZs are so awesome, why are they not implemented in Panderia?

Don't give "Panderia is more active" because that is obviously not the case. Panderia is pretty much dead save the random person you bump into every now and again.

I think a lot of these "PvP happens on PvP server" would cease when 80 level 90s from various zones are camping you on Panderia's entrance.
    Last edited by leafs43; 2012-12-10 at 10:21 PM.

Forced name/guild name changes, people having to delete toons if they have enough on both servers in question to put them over the cap (let alone having a DK on each), etc.

Server merges aren't the simple solution some people think. Especially since it doesn't address old world zones; it just means there's a higher overall population, but the older zones are still unpopulated relative to Pandaria, since most players are focusing on the new content. That's why they went with CRZ; they can adjust it to ensure that those zones are actively populated, even if the population shifts, which server merges don't protect against, and on a zone-by-zone basis.
    I actually rolled a newbie on Mal'ganis around a year ago and since it is heavily populated by Horde I figured I'd roll alliance so there would be a somewhat decent chance of encountering horde alts while leveling to engage in some pvp. Boy was I wrong. I didn't see my 1st horde until I reached WPL. Pretty pointless of a pvp realm to have zero people in leveling zones to engage in pvp.

Maybe an improvement to the CRZ would only to allow those of appropriate level to be CRZ'd into the zone so only the people around your level range would be around to gank and corpse camp you instead of a 90. But like you said being ganked and camped is all part of the pvp realm so I do find it pretty absurd about people complaining about it.
    Last edited by Marema; 2012-12-10 at 10:29 PM.