Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    the reason that i removed ;lfg from the equation is that it has noting to do with crz, general chat is active if there are some factors, you haven't come into a zone when every1 is done the time of the day that you are leveling at or there's ganking happening, in the case of the last part id probably log my main and kill the pets
    Ganking is social activity. Hostile, but social. And if there's literally nobody on multiple servers in your zone, well, that can happen. There's no other way to fix that other than through CRZ, though. It's not a guarantee of population, it's just a means to improve population.

yes starting a conversation is easy but if no1 answers well... the social aspect gained from general is gone

correct?
    No. If you're still seeing people, and competing with them for resources/rares/quest targets, and getting ganked, you're still experiencing the social multiplayer aspect of the game, conversation or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No. If you're still seeing people, and competing with them for resources/rares/quest targets, and getting ganked, you're still experiencing the social multiplayer aspect of the game, conversation or no.
    so seeing people in the zone and competing for resources with them. and them making conversation with me via general is the same thing?

ok good to know

if your in any doubt as to what im talking about re read the 2nd part of the last quote of ur last post
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-15 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Why they would've/should've done that? This has been the main princible of PvP realms ever since their creation (This is not the first blue post stating this).

If people are unable to live with the consequences of their choices, it's their own mistake.
    except many many many of the pvp servers are completely umbalanced and people chose them for the pve side (good guilds, many people, good AH), knowing there would be very few -if any- people of the other faction.

I've always agreed with that sentiment and I continue to agree with it.

It's really really obvious. Blizzard pointing it out is funny and all that, but I don't get how it needed to be pointed out by a blue in the first place. It's a really clear, obvious situation.

What's funny to me is that PvP server players used to always lord themselves over PvE server players, how they were so much better than PvE server players were for leveling in a PvP environment and getting ganked endlessly. They were better at PvP for leveling on PvP servers. They knew their classes better. They had better reaction times. They acted like leveling on a PvP server was hardmode and that they were better players for it.

Nowadays, they whine that getting ganked is unfair and demand something be done about it, rather than leveling on a PvE server.

Interesting stuff, guys.

Ganking is pvp, and as much as cowards and honorless people killing lvl 60s on their 90s infuriate me, my happiest pvp moments have all been getting on my main and showing them what's up.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Getting people to make lvl 1s to badmouth you is probably one of the best things unhindered PVP gives you: http://i.imgur.com/bSEQu.png

(this guy used some rather colourful language, not for the faint of heart )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Getting people to make lvl 1s to badmouth you is probably one of the best things unhindered PVP gives you: http://i.imgur.com/bSEQu.png

Oh god I remember that happening when I played on a PvP server.
    I think my fondest memory was killing some Blood Elf Pally in HFP (We were equally levelled, probably 61) and I kinda demolished the guy which gave me a smirk. I then get a whisper from a guy called *my character's name*isgay using an array of colourful language. It tickled me.

All this discussion is making me want to make a toon on a PvP server again .

lol at jemem ti majku mrtvu

edit: played on daggerspine while it was still alive, then played on a pvp server on swtor, said fuck this shit to myself when i started wow again and started playing on a pve realm

proud pve carebear for life! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Oh god I remember that happening when I played on a PvP server.
    I think my fondest memory was killing some Blood Elf Pally in HFP (We were equally levelled, probably 61) and I kinda demolished the guy which gave me a smirk. I then get a whisper from a guy called *my character's name*isgay using an array of colourful language. It tickled me.

All this discussion is making me want to make a toon on a PvP server again .
    Funny thing this was a level 90 arms warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

Amen to that. If I ever come back to WoW, it would be to run dual accounts simultaneously, just to make sure that people would have the opportunity to talk trash to me on my opposing-faction alt after I pvp them with my main or on a 60 sort-of-twink.

Kind of like THIS GUY: http://liquidcode.org/~lostman/wow/d...e/stuff/angwe/

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Amen to that. If I ever come back to WoW, it would be to run dual accounts simultaneously, just to make sure that people would have the opportunity to talk trash to me on my opposing-faction alt after I pvp them with my main or on a 60 sort-of-twink.

Kind of like THIS GUY: http://liquidcode.org/~lostman/wow/d...e/stuff/angwe/
    Lol, epic quotes in there.

Blizzard caved in to casuals and bads in PvE, it's just a matter of time before they cave in to demands of casuals and bads in PvP.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    there's the problem, the point of CRZ was to make the zones more populated yes, but also social, there is no "social" aspect in these zones outside general chat since everything else isau6tamated while leveling, lfg,bg

i remember in wrath and even a bit in cata where every1 helped every1 even if it was by grouping.
    but i guess your ok with keeping the outdoor world social aspect of the game in general chat
    but as we have already covered we cant force people to be social so im not sure how to fix it. i suppose scenarios could be tuned for lvl 60+ to do them
    '

You must be playing a different game. I remember having to fight for mobs the whole time I was leveling in wrath/cata. Don't get me started on how many times I would pull a mob next to a node to have someone else take the node.

Deleted
    That was the best blizz response to players ive ever seen, its good to know blizz sides with those who enjoy world pvp for what it is rather then trying to set stupid level limits etc, you join a pvp realm your at risk of death, you dont like it roll pve, the rest of the arguments are meaningless because thats what it comes down to at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    '

You must be playing a different game. I remember having to fight for mobs the whole time I was leveling in wrath/cata. Don't get me started on how many times I would pull a mob next to a node to have someone else take the node.
    Depends on:

1. server
    2. age of expansion (early on, everyone's leveling and it's new and fresh and there's few people doing few things, so you end up running into the same people again and again, it's a lot less anonymous)
    3. server type (RP and RP-pvp servers tend to have more nice people, and more people who care about their faction, obviously)
    4. what your reputation among the people on the server is
    5. your guild
    6. how hated your class is
    7. if you go out of your way to help people without asking for a reward or help yourself

But you'd know that if you played only on the server, as opposed to in a bunch of random cross-server instances. Not that each server isn't an instance in itself (well, several...), but you know what I mean. Kind of like back before cross-server BGs and cross-server dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    '

the underlined annoyed me also but when there was no node involved people were actually helpful

Deleted
    Christ, what is so hard to understand? If you decide to create a character on a PvP realm, you're basically agreeing that you can be potentially killed by other players in contested territory, despite their respective level.
    There are other realms, PvE realms. Realms where you can only be killed by an opposing faction by flagging yourself for PvP combat.
    Why the hell are people crying about being ganked on a a PvP realm? Blizzard didn't make your realm choice, you did.
    Wow, now that CRZ has kicked in, you're finally getting killed by other players on your previously vastly unpopulated realm? Suck it up, it's what you signed up for.

There are plenty of PvE realms out there. If you really find it that traumatic, then go transfer/reroll. Stop crying that you're being killed by people on a PvP realm, when that's the whole damn point of those servers!

tho endus you will agree that the rules have changes in 7 years will you not? or atleast when crz came in as its no longer just your server camping and ganking its the whole battle group

also if the intent of crz was to make abandoned zones populated i dont get why the chose the begining of mop when ppl are leveling new characters they will populate the abandoned zones, i just dont see the need for crz at the start
    Sigh. That's always been my point, but no, nobody ever agrees that things have changed since then. Somehow CRZ = ZOMG ITS JUST LIKE VANILLA AND IS EVERYTHING BLIZZARD ORIGINALLY INTENDED SO WE MUST ALL LURVE IT even though back then there was no PVP resilience or PVP power. People wearing plate had some advantage, but that was about it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Christ, what is so hard to understand? If you decide to create a character on a PvP realm, you're basically agreeing that you can be potentially killed by other players in contested territory, despite their respective level.
    There are other realms, PvE realms. Realms where you can only be killed by an opposing faction by flagging yourself for PvP combat.
    Why the hell are people crying about being ganked on a a PvP realm? Blizzard didn't make your realm choice, you did.
    Wow, now that CRZ has kicked in, you're finally getting killed by other players on your previously vastly unpopulated realm? Suck it up, it's what you signed up for.

There are plenty of PvE realms out there. If you really find it that traumatic, then go transfer/reroll. Stop crying that you're being killed by people on a PvP realm, when that's the whole damn point of those servers!
    Gosh, I'd never considered that before today, ever I love CRZ! WOO!

I think their response was spot on and surely showed more empathy for people that roll on PvP servers that don't want to PvP than I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post

no that's not what i signed for, with crz i cant have a fight with my ganker as they can just sit up in the air all day if it was just realm they'd have to go to a raid or something and i could pay them bck there, the ability to confront your ganker in wpvp on my main is missing, unless there's other people in our zone for them to gank which depending on the zone is unlikely.

unfortunately because of that missing factor i have no desire to level another toon and since it has not hit mop zones yet i dot care about it anymore