Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I did 2s with Palawin once. My claim to fame I did use my spirit heal though so in a way we were a double healer team i suppose.

According to this thread, 25 man guilds have been 14.2436 healing encounters this tier.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    and i was proud of our raid team 4-healing garalon 25 tonight. impressive - well done

How has no one commented on how shit the warrior is yet lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisky View Post
    Lol does that warrior even lift?
    clearly he does not.

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    you can throw all those chi waves, which do less damage than a BK and significantly less healing than a guard?
    lolwat.

Also, he solo healed it. they used classes which have healing utility or dmg reduction utility, I fail to see how that isn't solo healing. It's a cool thing, but... regardless, normal modes are normal, on heroic 25m most of our healers are doing more HPS than that paladin, so I don't find it "all that impressive".

Interesting way to cheese it though, sounds/looks like fun
    How are 6 healers pulling 80k hps? What kind of a boss damage is this? Btw Gratz to the OP, good job.

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    If the SP healed the whole fight as shadow spec with the paladin would you also call it solo healed?
    No, because the SP isnt dpsing, hes healing which doesnt really add to the 2heals, But in this case the SP didnt really cast heals, he did halo and other stuff.

The reason there's so much arguing in this topic is because outdated terms are being used.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but during, say, pre-Sunwell TBC - there were no DPS/Tank specs that could heal/absorb damage except for once in a very rare while (i.e. long CD) or only do so for themselves. Back then, solo-healed was a valid term. Now, when almost every class has fairly OP heals (again, compared to TBC), it's obviously not solo healing anymore. Sure, only one person was "the healer". But lots of people healed.

blur*delete*
    Last edited by Terridon; 2012-12-07 at 02:52 AM. Reason: I can't read!
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    The reason there's so much arguing in this topic is because outdated terms are being used.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but during, say, pre-Sunwell TBC - there were no DPS/Tank specs that could heal/absorb damage except for once in a very rare while (i.e. long CD) or only do so for themselves. Back then, solo-healed was a valid term. Now, when almost every class has fairly OP heals (again, compared to TBC), it's obviously not solo healing anymore. Sure, only one person was "the healer". But lots of people healed.
    wow. Welcome to 5.1
    Grand Empress Shek'zeer IS part of the Mists of Pandaria expansion right?

1 heal specced player == solo heal.
    But before I put my head on the desk and cry a little. I would like to point out that there has not been enough Shootz worship on this page. Please remember this is a Shootz admiration thread and post accordingly.

No, the reason there is arguing in this thread are people are trying to justify why someone else's achievement isn't valid. It's tall poppy syndrome on perfect display. This encounter was solo healed, the paladin was the only dedicated healer and if you're going to argue that hybrids can perform healing therefore it was more healers then there is little point using the term healers at all.

Apparently, as a group, it's okay to bash another group of people who used the available mechanics of classes to overcome an encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkinor View Post
    Probably Healing Tide or Ancestral Guidance. I'm not saying the Pally is bad, but he got a lot of help. He'd be foolish to think he did it all himself, which he kind of sounds like he did. Heck, the DPS in my raid don't help me heal, they take extra damage from anything they can and make it harder to heal.
    Then your dps are bad, and should not be playing the game on any sort of competitive level.

If you look around on the threads here you'll se a lot asking if they can two-heal this and that fight. I'm fairly sure they're not asking if they should bring 8 dps-warriors and 2 DK-tanks/brewmasters.
    I think
    I'm not in a good raid, and it might be why we lack the good progress, due to us wasting dps on having pure healers in the raid ;/

Edit:
    Shootz lift every fucking day! He should show his sixpack.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 04:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Then your dps are bad, and should not be playing the game on any sort of competitive level.
    ^
    Even on my lvl they don't stand in extra stuff to make it harder. They use what they can to make it easier on the healers
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by neosin View Post
    wow. Welcome to 5.1
    Grand Empress Shek'zeer IS part of the Mists of Pandaria expansion right?

1 heal specced player == solo heal.
    But before I put my head on the desk and cry a little. I would like to point out that there has not been enough Shootz worship on this page. Please remember this is a Shootz admiration thread and post accordingly.
    Post something in a polite manner and you still get poisonous sarcasm with thinly veiled dislike thrown at you. Makes me wonder if I should bother, even.
    Since you don't see the point of my previous post and/or consider it idiotic, here's another perspective. Take that solo-healing pally badass and put him in a raid where Tanks and especially DPS do not do much in the raid outside of strictly performing their roles. Does he still pull that raid through? We both know that just won't happen. The only reason he was able to "solo" heal it because he had a lot of help. Back in TBC, if there were only 2 healers on a successful boss kill, it would mean that they really did do it by themselves, with very little help. They could rightfully be said to have duo healed that fight. Again, the term is outdated.
    A good raid now has many non-heal specs providing quite a bit of healing/damage reduction, so yes, it's no longer 1,2,3,4,5,6,7-healed. It's that number+whatever came from DPS and Tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    If you look around on the threads here you'll se a lot asking if they can two-heal this and that fight. I'm fairly sure they're not asking if they should bring 8 dps-warriors and 2 DK-tanks/brewmasters.
    I think
    I'm not in a good raid, and it might be why we lack the good progress, due to us wasting dps on having pure healers in the raid ;/
    Yea. And if you look closer, you'll see that some of those raids' DPS/tanks do more healing than others. And that some of them have more classes/specs with significant damage reduction and healing than other raids. That usually means they could do it with less healers. The opposite for the raids with worse players and composition.
    The morale? The question is meaningless because it does not address the level of gameplay coming from raiders and many other factors.

Post something in a polite manner and you still get poisonous sarcasm with thinly veiled dislike thrown at you. Makes me wonder if I should bother, even.
    Since you don't see the point of my previous post and/or consider it idiotic, here's another perspective. Take that solo-healing pally badass and put him in a raid where Tanks and especially DPS do not do much in the raid outside of strictly performing their roles. Does he still pull that raid through? We both know that just won't happen. The only reason he was able to "solo" heal it because he had a lot of help. Back in TBC, if there were only 2 healers on a successful boss kill, it would mean that they really did do it by themselves, with very little help. They could rightfully be said to have duo healed that fight. Again, the term is outdated.
    A good raid now has many non-heal specs providing quite a bit of healing/damage reduction, so yes, it's no longer 1,2,3,4,5,6,7-healed. It's that number+whatever came from DPS and Tanks.

Yea. And if you look closer, you'll see that some of those raids' DPS/tanks do more healing than others. And that some of them have more classes/specs with significant damage reduction and healing than other raids. That usually means they could do it with less healers. The opposite for the raids with worse players and composition.
    The morale? The question is meaningless because it does not address the level of gameplay coming from raiders and many other factors.
    "A healer is a character whose primary combat purpose is to heal friendly creatures or give them defensive buffs. Priests, Druids, Paladins, and Shamans can all serve as healers. Healers are typically the second most in demand role for a dungeon or a raid, after tanks."

I googled "what is a healer in WoW"

Sounds like they solo healed it.

He did less than half the healing done as the "solo healer", while blasting out all his mana over only 4 minutes... I wish my raid healed itself more than I healed it while I was spamming it that hard!
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Nope. Sorry guys, this has already been proven numerous times by other posters in thread: The only way this thread can even possibly be accurate is if we send the game back in time to 2007 when the REAL BADASSES were able to solo heal encounters. Change the misleading title immediately!

Ignore these idiots.

Well Done. Our BrM does some ridiculous healing at times too.

Yep he's one of the people who's 5/6 heroic and solo healed a pretty challenging boss. He's terrible, someone get me a torch and pitchfork.