Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    well done.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    a dps that does everything he can to make the kill, even if its healing etc is the difference between a good dps, and a guy that can do good dps. and on progress the first lot make a world of difference. if your spriests arent using vampiric embrace, and your ele shammy isnt using ancestral guidance when needed, they are BAD regardless of the dps number they are pulling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldur View Post
    Wow...love this thread, so basically the number of Healers brought to an encounter is now always atleast n+1, where n = Number of actual heal specced players and the +1 you have to add for the fact that classes using their defensive and healing CDs....just wow....does this mean, for instance if a DK is soloing content it doesn't really count because he heals himself and therefor this one person is actually 1,5 people? So confused...

Gratz to the Paladin and his guildmates, really nice done.
    Wait there is no healing classes anymore!! Everyone is healer now. But healers specced healers are just so bad they do no dmg !! Why we even bring them to the raid!!?? Clearly 98% of the posts say this here... Just wow guys, just wow...
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    This thread is full of jealous people who are not able to give some credit to some good players. Congratulations: You have a perfect reflection of our current society. A bunch off less caring assh***s who don't give a sh*t about anything except their own good.

On topic:

Well Done, it is one thing I am always trying to achieve with my raid aswell. My main is a Mage for 6 years now and I play a Schaman healer as alt. It was such a nice feeling when I healed YorsahjH alone in 10 man during DS. I can feel your pride.

I think this should be something every competetive raider should aim if he is a main healer. What else can you aim for? DPS aims for the highest damage numbers done in an encounter, healer aim for highest HPS, but HPS is nothing that really counts. You job is to keep people alive. It doesnt matter with how many HPS you did that. Less healer = more DPS classes = faster and maybe even trivialized encounter = less time spent = PROFIT!!!!

Well, I at least try to encourage our healers but they are healers from the beginning and dont have that "I WANNA BE THE BEST" mood.

In my opinion good Damage dealers will always be the bestter healer in the beginning if the switch. Something I have experienced over the last 6 years of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldur View Post
    Wow...love this thread, so basically the number of Healers brought to an encounter is now always atleast n+1, where n = Number of actual heal specced players and the +1 you have to add for the fact that classes using their defensive and healing CDs....just wow....does this mean, for instance if a DK is soloing content it doesn't really count because he heals himself and therefor this one person is actually 1,5 people? So confused...

Gratz to the Paladin and his guildmates, really nice done.
    Yep, if you have a shadow priest who spec'd halo or a brewmaster using his tanking abilities correctly, or even a dps shaman that uses one GCD to drop healing tide you have far more than one healer. This was clearly 5 healed.

Anyway, great job op, don't let all the jealous idiots get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    In my opinion good Damage dealers will always be the bestter healer in the beginning if the switch. Something I have experienced over the last 6 years of wow.
    I think you might just have been unlucky(or me that is lucky). I've know several people that has more or less only healed during all the years, and do their very best to push it to the limit.
    I don't think there's much diffrence in mindset from being a healer/tank. Both have to keep the group alive. Sometimes on the cost of looking good(doing most dps/hps), while a lot of dps will solely go for topping dps, and hence stay on the easy, and sometimes wrong, target.

Nobody interrupt anymore. Not in lfr or lfd. The lfr i was in previous night(as fail-dps), i was the only one interrupting menders. 2 tanks, tons of dps, and i'm the only that interrupts, on the first time i was there. Wasn't because we did fine on it either. We wiped 3 times over, and i left, to keep another half a year away from that XD
    But to me that is what the dps-mentality gives to the average player. Do most dps, and don't care about anything. God forbid you interrupt as feral druid, since it's a dps-loss, and you need to manage your energy a bit.

In lfd you can see the diffrence between the healers, from the one that ask for mana at 80% mana, and the one that has around 0% left and say "pull", on a manaintensive encounter. I usually chat a lot with those, and often they've been healers more or less always ^

*rants*
    My point is i think a good player will be good no matter what class he starts with, though it might be a good idea to try all roles, so you know better how things works.

Edit:
    The good player can be a she too! Just before i get bashed for being sexist <.<
    Last edited by Terridon; 2012-12-07 at 03:17 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Wow, didn't any of you check the worldoflogs post? Obviously they 10 healed this. All 10 players had some healing done. The DK did the least healing (you scrub).

I mean who cares that the only person with 100% uptime on healing was the hpal and the active uptime on healing for the BrM was 39% and the spriest was 58%. Surely, noone needs a dedicated healer when the whole raid helps heal.

Oh and obviously carried by the 160k hps shaman with a healing uptime of 2.6%, cus yea that makes sense and stuff.

WAT?!?!
    Last edited by initialt; 2012-12-07 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oceanic represent. Sad what happened to Crimson Blade though. Avast are struggling too. Grats on #1 Oceanic 10 man guild (although Entropy are doing surprisingly well this tier)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Edit:
    The good player can be a she too! Just before i get bashed for being sexist <.<
    Good lady healers are extremely rare. I've raided with like 8 in total and it was always terrible. (Still nightmares about being put after a ladypriest on Loatheb40, so scary!)

Good job, ignore the jelly people trying to say you didn't solo-heal it. You were the ONE healer, their may of been off-heals, damage reductions etc but what raid doesn't do that? Good job

Quote Originally Posted by Drdizzy View Post
    You guys realize, skada count shield absorb as healing right? His statue is doing a lot of absorb, on top of his own shield. obviously his heal chart is going to look like its off the roof, please learn the class on the meter before you tell people wrong info :/
    Of course absorbs count as heals, because they´re equivalent. Every damage absorb is one that doesn´t need to be healed. No one disputes that.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Good lady healers are extremely rare. I've raided with like 8 in total and it was always terrible. (Still nightmares about being put after a ladypriest on Loatheb40, so scary!)
    Met several. An irl friend of mine is an amazing priest healer. And tank too, when she tried that shortly.
    Our best healer in raid is a girl too. We usually raid with close to equal amount of girls/guys. Not on purpose. Just happens, and i like it.
    The first raidleader i had was a girl. Well. They was officially 2. A guy and a girl, but she was the real leader, and she was damn good
    Of course i've met horrible female players, but i certanly had my share of bad male players too.

I don't really buy it with girls having to be bad. I know i'm not enough to have any statistics to back me up, but i don't see anything backing the other up either.
    Might just avoid getting too young players of both genders. Gives much less trouble between the genders, not having half the raid hitting on a player.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratz I dont get why people whine about how it's not really one healing it.. When you do raids as usual in 10man with 2 healers you don't hear people say yeah its not really 2 healing because this and that gave you support during the encounter!

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    Well done! Quite interesting to look at the log. I did 9k less hps on our last kill when we 3-healed it and took more than double the time to kill it, so I'd have to agree that the rest of the raid helped a lot, but it'd be silly to expect otherwise since this isn't Wrath anymore where healers had pretty much unlimited mana. I'm most impressed by how you managed phase 3 with only one dispeller, though.

I hate to hijack this thread for my own announcement but I'm sorry I must.

*I would like to officially announce that thanks to our warlock we were able to succesfully 10 heal all of Mogu'shan vaults 10 man last night* ~Jealousy is an acceptable emotion given our accomplishment.~

Quote Originally Posted by Ati View Post
    Well done! Quite interesting to look at the log. I did 9k less hps on our last kill when we 3-healed it and took more than double the time to kill it, so I'd have to agree that the rest of the raid helped a lot, but it'd be silly to expect otherwise since this isn't Wrath anymore where healers had pretty much unlimited mana. I'm most impressed by how you managed phase 3 with only one dispeller, though.
    Things that help with the fear debuff in p3:
    Shammy Tremor Totem (can do 2 in a row with talents)
    Priests Mass Dispel (unlimited usage cuz only 15sec CD, mana permitting)
    Boomkin Mass Dispel (via symbiosis) (see above)
    Priest Fear Ward
    Warr Zerker Rage
    etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drdizzy View Post
    You guys realize, skada count shield absorb as healing right? His statue is doing a lot of absorb, on top of his own shield. obviously his heal chart is going to look like its off the roof, please learn the class on the meter before you tell people wrong info :/
    That would be very true and a great comment if the guy in the video was using Skada but it looks like he's using Recount, which as of 5.1 still does NOT log Guard/Statue Guard so actually the Monks healing was probably ALOT higher than it's shown in that vid, as much as 50/60% higher.

That said it's still an EPIC job, if only for beating the phase timer, frak how many healers there were

Brewmasters FTW!
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2012-12-07 at 08:35 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Hey man, I just want to say that I am VERY proud of what you have accomplished with this. I love solo healing or doing the most minimalist healing on fights possible. You are an awesome player!

Aveline's amazing work!

Nice solo heal for sure, I hope to see more! DO more! Don't see enough of it now days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    The BrM guard together with his Chi Wave ontop of a Shadow Priest with Halo ain't what I call solo healing, but nice nonetheless

Truth. BrM+Spriest = ~13 million healing done, Pally "solo healing" = 18 million healing done.

While there was only 1 designated healer, this was definitely not solo healed.