Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[PvP] Is this REALLY true about mages?

fifteen chars

is this really true

Deleted
    No, and you shouldn't believe all the talk you hear from forums where 1,5k rated players say " hurr durr go mage get 2,2k free just need 3 spells XDDDDD"

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's not. People who whine about mage is usually the ones whining about every other classes aswell.

Deleted
    How to mage pvp:

Make sure the opponent is out of things that can remove stuns (some classes only have their trinket for this). Apply frost bomb. Wait a couple of seconds. Apply deep freeze. Pump a couple of ice lances into it for good measure. When the frost bomb explodes, your opponent should be almost dead.

Insta 2k material right there. And GC said chaos wave needed a nerf, but how can he nerf his mage ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    How to mage pvp:

Make sure the opponent is out of things that can remove stuns (some classes only have their trinket for this). Apply frost bomb. Wait a couple of seconds. Apply deep freeze. Pump a couple of ice lances into it for good measure. When the frost bomb explodes, your opponent should be almost dead.

Insta 2k material right there. And GC said chaos wave needed a nerf, but how can he nerf his mage ?!
    Once again, typical case of whining just for the sake of whining.
    Mage burst is over the top, everyone agrees. But nevertheless, you have to set up your frostbomb through the sheer amount of dispells, reflects, silences, grounding, mass/singlespellreflect, LoS and so on. And if you just wait for a few seconds, any healer with even an eights of a brain is going to dispell it/the target is going to LoS/put a defensive CD up. This game is still not balanced around duels.
    Obsviously, it's not ok to crit for 120k without cds and 180k with cds within a global. But it's not like every mongoloid is able to get 2k as a mage.
    Chaoswave is even more obvious. You hadn't have to cast anything as demo and every to minutes, you can crit for 200k twice in a row INSTANTLY, not groundable, not reflectable, not amsable, not interruptable etc and it was AoE.

Also for the last time to all the crybabies, GC several times said he isn't even playing a mage. And do you seriously think, a gaming company wouldn't fire a Lead Game Designer
    who balances the game around his class? Jesus christ, some people are just so freaking ignorant and have to pick up everything some troll posted in /2
    and take it for true, wtf?
    Last edited by noepeen; 2012-12-06 at 09:46 PM.

Deleted
    As a restoration shaman I don't find mages to be all that hard. Just ground the deep freeze and dispell the frost bomb. Especially since they nerfed spell steal it has become a whole lot easier against them.

The thing is mages outside shatters suck but shatters hit SO HARD. It's very hard to balance that design. Coming from an MM hunter.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Dont trust everything you read on the forums - they are often full of hyperbole, convenient left outs and sometimes straight out lies:/
    Go check pvp out for yourself instead. http://da.twitch.tv/directory/#game/...ts of Pandaria - i can recomend Reckfulls channel. He plays with a variety of classes and with some of the best players in the world.

You can allso test out all classes for yourself. PTR is still running i believe - you can template a lvl 90 of every class, and Malevolent is free.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mages aren't that bad, I 2v1 2 frost mages as a mistweaver at the rank 1400.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The only time "derp derp class reaches 2.2k faceroll" has ever been true is beginning of this season with warriors and hunters, in s11 with rogues and s5 with dks. Otherwise the claims are usually exaggerated if only slightly.

Mages still have one of the highest skill caps of any class in the game but their skill floor is also DAMN low.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

1) Mages OP in PVP? Revolutionary!

2) That is a really awful misuse of that meme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    Mage burst is over the top, everyone agrees. But nevertheless, you have to set up your frostbomb through the sheer amount of dispells, reflects, silences, grounding, mass/singlespellreflect, LoS and so on.
    Regardless of how "hard" it is to set up, no ability should ever bring someone close to death from full health, ever.

mages are the backbone piece of the strongest comps, and are arguably the best pvp class atm. The game is designed atm around gib burst, and no other class has the control/utility, survivability and burst that mages do, while most classes put out minimal dps pressure without cds / combo's

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    And real mages are 1v2ing actual teams at the 1900-2k bracket. Also, lol mistweaver.

On topic, mage burst is rather ridiculous. Compared to warlock burst it doesn't seem bad, or the late avatar warrior burst (rest in peace 500k star allign heroic strikes). However it should be noted that compared to most other classes burst, mages have it really good, especially skilled ones that don't have to rely on deep shatters to kill you and are actually good enough to force defensive cd's early game.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    Regardless of how "hard" it is to set up, no ability should ever bring someone close to death from full health, ever.
    Mage burst is over the top, everyone agrees.

Obsviously, it's not ok to crit for 120k without cds and 180k with cds within a global.
    Not like I didn't say that

Is the mage instant 2,2k? No.
    Is the mage burst too good? Yes.

Mage burst is over the top, everyone agrees. But nevertheless, you have to set up your frostbomb through the sheer amount of dispells, reflects, silences, grounding, mass/singlespellreflect, LoS and so on. And if you just wait for a few seconds, any healer with even an eights of a brain is going to dispell it/the target is going to LoS/put a defensive CD up. This game is still not balanced around duels.
    Obsviously, it's not ok to crit for 120k without cds and 180k with cds within a global. But it's not like every mongoloid is able to get 2k as a mage.
    Chaoswave is even more obvious. You hadn't have to cast anything as demo and every to minutes, you can crit for 200k twice in a row INSTANTLY, not groundable, not reflectable, not amsable, not interruptable etc and it was AoE.

Also for the last time to all the crybabies, GC several times said he isn't even playing a mage. And do you seriously think, a gaming company wouldn't fire a Lead Game Designer
    who balances the game around his class? Jesus christ, some people are just so freaking ignorant and have to pick up everything some troll posted in /2
    and take it for true, wtf?
    Tell me what class does not need to set up their burst in order to down someone in medium to high bracket arenas?

The fact that a burst need set up is common so it does not explain why the burst is disproportionate.

edit: I mean there is so much cc actually in this game that every class face what you mentioned
    Last edited by Saskali; 2012-12-07 at 12:59 PM.

yes it is.
    every frost bomb shatter is either a kill or will def burn a number of your opponents cds giving you choices for you kill target on the next frost bomb shatter.
    mages do insane burst on every frost bomb shatter while other classes do the same burst on 3mn / 5mn cds.

not counting the utility.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeh at 1400 mages aren't that bad, becouse peoples playing them are terribad...