Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manbanana View Post
    Sounds to me like it is one of the Wizard and Warriors games. Probably the first one. But I haven't touched those in probably 20 years.
    Did a quick google search, and it looks like it was probably Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II. Not sure I ever really noticed the name back when I played, so it's no wonder I don't remember it 20+ years later...but those images definitely match up with what I remember playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by narzinor View Post
    StarTropics and #2 are great Zelda knockoffs. I enjoyed the first one more than the second, but that's because of the atmosphere it provided. #2's game mechanics are definitely better and it plays smoother overall.

Glad you got to rediscover a great game!

One that brings back a lot of memories for me is

It was a terrible game. A side-scrolling shooter game, but the music was fun and me and my little brother played it co-op a lot whenever we would rent it from the local video store (Also rented out NES and Genesis games).

Another great Co-op experience for the NES that me and my little brother were big into was this:

One person played as the Jeep and the other the Helicopter, it was fun. Kinda like R-type, but much much worse

One of the great things about being 5-6 is that bad games aren't nearly as bad as they feel as an adult. =p
    A Pizza Hut that I used to go to as a kid had Silk Worm. Imagine being torn as a child about what you would rather, eat pizza or spend the whole time playing silk worm?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    One game a few years back that I could not for the life of me remember was a top down shooter game I had played in the arcade that involved fighting mutants in the middle east with a control scheme very similar to Smash TV. As luck would have it at the time, Midway had released the 2nd of its classic game compilations which I had gotten for PS2 and on the collection was exactly the game I was trying to remember, Total Carnage.

No surprise then that the game reminded me of Smash TV, it was designed to be a sequel of sorts to it.
    Total Carnage was awesome!

There was another game similar to this. I believe it was set in a mental hospital. I can't remember the name of it, but it was quite gory if i'm correct. Played it once or twice and it was a ton of fun.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be Legend of Zelda Wind Waker's Savage Labyrinth. Could also have been Paper Mario Thousand Year Door's Pit of 100 Trials. Or even Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess' Cave of Ordeals.

They are all the same thing, 100 levels of increasing difficulty where you fight off enemies, with a break or prize ever 5-10 levels or so.

Merged similar threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok this will be a hard one. It was some demo game i was playing on a cd (i didnt have internet before that so i purchased a game catalog with cd) and there was only 1 mission.

The point of the game was that you were playing a theif. Before you start to bugler into a enemy bank/hotel/house you had to make a plan. After you made a plan the game was playing it for you (it was always diferent where guard will show up). With stuff you stole you purchased better buglar tools. You could also buy a excape car and some extra minions that were good for something. Grafic was kinda cartoony (it was pc game btw).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

This mite not fit but I was able to get The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

How I got: Yesterday while I was at the Flea Market I got the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar for 4$ from a game. I went to a used game store near me that deals with all types of games from Atri to current gen and traded it in for store credit. They gave me 15$ store credit and I couldn't find a wii game I wanted since there wii game stock stinks and its the only console I got at this time. I decided to look at there disply case and they had The LEgend of Zelda Ocarina of Time in there for 20$. Normally games like that they have a No Trade on meaning no trade credit can be used on it but this one didn't. So I got it and payed the difference of like 6$ and I know the guy didn't like that just by the way he acted so now I finally own both zeldas for the N64 and I never got to before

I still can not figure out that Sega game grrrr.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Ok this will be a hard one. It was some demo game i was playing on a cd (i didnt have internet before that so i purchased a game catalog with cd) and there was only 1 mission.

The point of the game was that you were playing a theif. Before you start to bugler into a enemy bank/hotel/house you had to make a plan. After you made a plan the game was playing it for you (it was always diferent where guard will show up). With stuff you stole you purchased better buglar tools. You could also buy a excape car and some extra minions that were good for something. Grafic was kinda cartoony (it was pc game btw).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sting! ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sting!

Ah this will be it! Thanks
    No wonder i couldnt remember a name.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Jazz Jackrabbit?
    Nope
    That green guys was jumping around like crazy, doing a flip every jump.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Nope
    That green guys was jumping around like crazy, doing a flip every jump.
    Maybe Zool?

I could use some help on a game also. This was an arcade game out about the same time as Tempest. It featured 2 players as knights battling around a pit. The object was to knock your opponent into the pit. The graphics of the knights were like asteroids, outlines. I can't remember the name and can't find any pics/info online. Anyone remember this game?

I found it! Warrior by Vectorbeam. Here's video ... http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...?game_id=10408
    Last edited by Balazaar; 2013-08-27 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    I could use some help on a game also. This was an arcade game out about the same time as Tempest. It featured 2 players as knights battling around a pit. The object was to knock your opponent into the pit. The graphics of the knights were like asteroids, outlines. I can't remember the name and can't find any pics/info online. Anyone remember this game?

I found it! Warrior by Vectorbeam. Here's video ... http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...?game_id=10408
    Now there's a blast from the past! Glad you found it.

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    After years I'm still looking for a game I used to play on my amiga500, I can't remember the name, but i played it for months and had a lot of fun.
    There was this green beaver(?) guy, jumping around and gathering diamonds in order to get to the next level, I know it sound like sonic, and in fact i think it was some kind of cheap copy.
    I remember it being very colorful and grafically good for the time, and there were different themed worlds, starting from a wood, and then going to toy world and snowy world and so on.
    I've looked to endless lists of games many times trying to remember the name, I'd really like to play it again
    Superfrog ? lol

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZfX-EvDeNc
    Your you're own enemy.

Deleted
    Hi, I'm looking for an old RPG game I used to play way back in time on the PS2. I think it was a japanse game, where you started out as a goldhaired guy, and your first companion you got was a pink little monster that could turn into other monsters or something like that.
    Anyone knew what I'm talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by l1ll3man View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for an old RPG game I used to play way back in time on the PS2. I think it was a japanse game, where you started out as a goldhaired guy, and your first companion you got was a pink little monster that could turn into other monsters or something like that.
    Anyone knew what I'm talking about?
    God, you know you're getting old when PS2 is considered "way back" It sounds familiar but I can't put a finger on it.

The only game I can think of with a little pink monster was Guardian's Crusade, but that was for PS1 and the main character was a knight.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-09-04 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    God, you know you're getting old when PS2 is considered "way back" It sounds familiar but I can't put a finger on it.

The only game I can think of with a little pink monster was Guardian's Crusade, but that was for PS1 and the main character was a knight.
    Haha yes I really does! :P
    That's the game, thank you so much!

Lol it was for PS1, then I guess it would be incredibly hard to get a hold of it nowadays

Lol it was for PS1, then I guess it would be incredibly hard to get a hold of it nowadays
    Ha I honestly didn't think that was it! Glad I could help.

I recently found out that a game I used to play when I was very young with my dad was indeed some game called Super Tank for the NES

along with recently (about a year or so) finding out the name of the first game I ever played which was Golden Axe on the Sega Master System

Eh, one game has bugged me, because it was a sudden and unmentioned easter egg contained in another game. From Metal Gear Solid 3, when you save and log out in the prison, and log back in. Control a completely different person killing (zombies?) all full of gore in a completely different environment and feel compared with the actual game; it was a 'nightmare' event.

Oh, and one game for the NES that I have yet can't recall its name and am too lazy to dig for it. A game I sucked horribly at too. It's a coop game, characters are soldiers. Very slow moving and clunky top-down type of game. Characters seem bulky, or even fat. Use guns and grenades. With dialogue, "come on, let's fight", at the very beginning.

http://www.amazon.com/Guardians-Crus.../dp/B00003E4GF

Used for less than $20. Could be worse.