Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had luck with this thread before.

Looking for an old game that came out on Playstation 2. Might have been PS1 but pretty sure Playstation 2.

Was a dungeon based, turned based RPG that wasn't very popular. Had very good music and atmosphere. You would pick a party at a tavern and then head into a dungeon. The combat was turned based and you couldn't see any of your char's during combat. Similar to Legend of Grimlock today. The game style was almost enitrely like Legend of Grimlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Looking for an old game that came out on Playstation 2. Might have been PS1 but pretty sure Playstation 2.

Was a dungeon based, turned based RPG that wasn't very popular. Had very good music and atmosphere. You would pick a party at a tavern and then head into a dungeon. The combat was turned based and you couldn't see any of your char's during combat. Similar to Legend of Grimlock today. The game style was almost enitrely like Legend of Grimlock.
    Was the art style more Western, or anime? Assuming Western, then the first series that came to mind was Wizardry, and apparently there was one for PS2 called Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land. I started skimming through the first few minutes of a Let's Play and it does seem to match what you've described.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Had luck with this thread before.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Was the art style more Western, or anime? Assuming Western, then the first series that came to mind was Wizardry, and apparently there was one for PS2 called Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land. I started skimming through the first few minutes of a Let's Play and it does seem to match what you've described.. ?
    To add to Shaiandra's post, does it look like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    To add to Shaiandra's post, does it look like this?

That's it. Wizardry. Thanks!

is this thread still active? I've been looking for an old pc game, which is about 15 years old. It was an action RPG and it was about wizards. I think it had a wizard school as well and the more you used certain types of magic the more your character transformed into an abomination, changing limbs to match the types of spells you cast. You could start the game as an old hag and it played similarly to dungeon siege 1-2. Isometric view, not 3rd person.
    Last edited by Arazen; 2020-06-03 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arazen View Post
    is this thread still active? I've been looking for an old pc game, which is about 15 years old. It was an action RPG and it was about wizards. I think it had a wizard school as well and the more you used certain types of magic the more your character transformed into an abomination, changing limbs to match the types of spells you cast. You could start the game as an old hag and it played similarly to dungeon siege 1-2. Isometric view, not 3rd person.
    Sounds like Dawn of Magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

wow, you actually know it. Thank you so much!

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone remember the game that was super hyped before release, but quickly died out? It was a multiplayer game, maybe even a MMO. Very much like ragnarok online. I remember there being lots of people on the same maps. I remember there was monster capturing mechanic where you could pretty much capture any monster you see, I believe. It involved some heavy grinding or luck. And there were some nazi like soldiers in the first map that was a desert I believe.

I can't sadly remember much else about it. It's perhaps a discontinued game. At least I can't find it on any list of games.

Oh, and it was a PC release.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2020-07-27 at 04:09 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Does anyone remember the game that was super hyped before release, but quickly died out? It was a multiplayer game, maybe even a MMO. Very much like ragnarok online. I remember there being lots of people on the same maps. I remember there was monster capturing mechanic where you could pretty much capture any monster you see, I believe. It involved some heavy grinding or luck. And there were some nazi like soldiers in the first map that was a desert I believe.

I can't sadly remember much else about it. It's perhaps a discontinued game. At least I can't find it on any list of games.

Oh, and it was a PC release.
    Tree of Savior was sorta similar to Ragnarok, and you could tame monsters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Tree of Savior was sorta similar to Ragnarok, and you could tame monsters.
    Not quite that one. Thanks for the suggestion though! I believe the one I'm thinking of is from 2010-14 or so. Perhaps even older. The graphics weren't as "cartoony", either. More like Titan Quest or Diablo style than TOS or RO.

Edit: I finally found it! It's called "Battle of the Immortals". It seems to have been cancelled a couple of years ago, so that made it harder to find probably.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2020-07-28 at 12:24 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Okay, here's a crazy obscure and old game and I'll be impressed if anyone can identify it.

I have vague memories of being a young kid (early 80's) and playing a game with my Dad. I don't know if it was specifically Atari, but it was definitely from that pre-NES era. It may have been an old computer game but I can't recall. In it, you're a character running around a maze and you leave little footprints behind you as you walk. I don't know if there's any kind of agenda to collect things because my memory didn't retain any details of purpose or goal. What I do remember is that your character is being chased by some sort of monster that's trying to eat you. If he catches you, there's text that says something like "what a delicious and tasty morsel." The word "morsel" is the only word I know was definitely present because I had to ask my Dad what it meant. After several levels the difficulty scales to the point where the monster is invisible. The only way to determine his location is that your footprints will disappear as he walks over them. I don't remember what the main character or the monster looked like, but in my mind the monster looked like a little green blob with a big mouth. I feel like the main character had really big feet.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it's from a top down perspective.
    Last edited by Nastard; 2020-10-24 at 01:40 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Also i remember but there are some mix up of these games, i played 2 to 3 games like this but not remember the names.

There was a rather simple strategy (probably RTS) STAR WARS game related to attack of the clones movie. It wasn't `galactic battlegrounds saga`. The graphics where some kind isometrict but instead of `age of empires` like gameplay, you were managing "swarms" of clones (maybe droids too i don't remember). I'm sure i used to play it on PC but i'm not sure whether it was flash game or actual desktop game.

Maybe anyone recalls something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by tariel36 View Post
    There was a rather simple strategy (probably RTS) STAR WARS game related to attack of the clones movie. It wasn't `galactic battlegrounds saga`. The graphics where some kind isometrict but instead of `age of empires` like gameplay, you were managing "swarms" of clones (maybe droids too i don't remember). I'm sure i used to play it on PC but i'm not sure whether it was flash game or actual desktop game.

Maybe anyone recalls something like that?
    Was it Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes?

https://youtu.be/bbpYvkwEECE?t=1112

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Was it Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes?

https://youtu.be/bbpYvkwEECE?t=1112
    Unfortunatly no, it was way before clone wars move/series animation, it was 2d with sprites for sure.

It was an arcade machine game. I was in elementary school I guess. I remember going to this arcade sallon and there was one machine on which older guys would play a top down platform game.

Imagine one of the top town stages of super contra. 1P was blue soldier I think. But it was much more fast paced and the graphics were so polished. Not 3D polygon. Perfect 2D graphics you would see in games like super buster bros, punisher, Cadillac and dinosaurs. This one however was more metallic as it was a constant fight with enemies. I just remember 1 weapon from the game however as everybody would use it. a big plasma ball circle linked to you circling around you constantly. So the setting was with high tech battle.

to this day I keep looking but I cannot find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    It was an arcade machine game. I was in elementary school I guess. I remember going to this arcade sallon and there was one machine on which older guys would play a top down platform game.

Imagine one of the top town stages of super contra. 1P was blue soldier I think. But it was much more fast paced and the graphics were so polished. Not 3D polygon. Perfect 2D graphics you would see in games like super buster bros, punisher, Cadillac and dinosaurs. This one however was more metallic as it was a constant fight with enemies. I just remember 1 weapon from the game however as everybody would use it. a big plasma ball circle linked to you circling around you constantly. So the setting was with high tech battle.

to this day I keep looking but I cannot find it.
    While I haven't played it, "metallic top-down Contra level" made me immediately think of the game Smash T.V. Watching that video a bit, it does appear player 1 is blue and he does get a ring of fireballs surrounding him pretty early...

@Shaiandra unfrotunately the graphics were not that simple. This one was so detailed and the colors were vivid. The person you control could only be seen from top, like shoulders and legs only like in classic ms-dos GTA and GTA2

Ah, okay. Do you have an estimate of roughly what year it was? You mentioned you were in elementary school but that doesn't give us a timeline..