Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Ah ok, learn something new everyday... seems rather tedious and time wasting if you have a decent CPU though.
    Hehe actually it's as easy as having both programs open, running your task manager as an administrator, than right clicking --> Properties on each program --> Set Affinity and then checking off which cores you want each program to run off! All but 2 minutes max :P
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    agree to disagree i reckon. i built a fairly low budget build about a year and a half ago that runs/ran WoW at ultra settings and didnt suffer massive (or even noticeable) drops in fps when i frapsed. granted i have never streamed so i dont know what kind of demand this puts on a computer

edit : also im going to have to disagree with your comment about not being able to assign cores to do things, you can in fact assign your computer cores to do and not to do things, like what vinho said
    Can you upload a video of you frapsing 1080p with a solid 60+ fps in 25m raids and on a high pop server at peak time at ultra? I'd like to see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicmagelol View Post
    If you aren't saying anything useful , say nothing at all.
    Don't get butthurt if what I tell you goes against what you are wishing for. I'm not trying to offend you I'm hopefully trying to help you realize that you're asking for too much while having too little to spend.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Epicmagelol
    New Computer (What i'm looking for): Must be able to play WoW on Ultra settings with no effect on FPS. Must be able to stream/fraps as well under 1080p. Also be able to raid a 25man without FPS drop. Something smooth , something nice not too expensive.
    I know i probably can't stream a 25man raid under ultra settings and not expect an fps drop especially with my budget but anything would be an amazing upgrade compared to my current computer. <<<< Did you not read that part or are you just that retarded?
    Is it me who's 'that retarded' or are you contradicting yourself?
    Last edited by Vinho; 2012-12-07 at 02:47 AM.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    Don't get butthurt if what I tell you goes against what you are wishing for. I'm not trying to offend you I'm hopefully trying to help you realize that you're asking for too much while having too little to spend.
    700 is low, even 1000 is barely making it if you're expecting 60+ fps smooth 100% of the time on ultra settings.
    Add streaming in there and good luck =\

That's just my opinion.
    You aren't helping him. You're just thinking that fraps is world's most intensive program and that recording demands a lot from hardware. Once more, Fraps is not cpu intensive, doesn't add any load to a gpu so this means if the cpu is filling the graphics card usage to 70-99% means he has a solid smooth fps of 60~fps.

No matter what, if you have a gtx 660 even reaching the gpu usage 99% he will have smooth fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    No matter what, if you have a gtx 660 even reaching the gpu usage 99% he will have smooth fps.
    WRONG.

Both WoW + Streaming (especially in hd) are both CPU intensive, NOT GPU INTENSIVE.

You'd have a better chance streaming and playing on ultra settings with an i7-3770k and shittier GPU, like a 5770, than you would on an i5-3570k and a 7970.
    Last edited by Vinho; 2012-12-07 at 02:53 AM.

Except that both WoW + Streaming (especially in hd) are both CPU intensive, NOT GPU INTENSIVE.

You'd have a better chance streaming and playing on ultra settings with an i7-3770k and shittier GPU, like a 5770, than you would on an i5-3570k and a 7970.
    http://www.xsplit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7028

People there are using much crappier hardware and they seem to be having decent streaming output and even bf3 is much more cpu intensive though. I'm reaching 40% with my gtx 680 vsync disabled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    http://www.xsplit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7028

People there are using much crappier hardware and they seem to be having decent streaming output and even bf3 is much more cpu intensive though. I'm reaching 40% with my gtx 680 vsync disabled.
    We're not talking about BF3 or any other game.

It may be more CPU intensive, but due to WoW's older engine, it's not that well optimized.
    It's less demanding in some aspects, but more heavily demanding in others.

Let's see a link to a stream of you playing WoW on ultra while streaming 720p+ Your 680 is meaningless in that situation. If you think you can raid 25's 60+ fps on ultra, I believe you to be delusional.

We're not talking about BF3 or any other game.

It may be more CPU intensive, but due to WoW's older engine, it's not that well optimized.
    It's less demanding in some aspects, but more heavily demanding in others.

Let's see a link to a stream of you playing WoW on ultra while streaming 720p+ Your 680 is meaningless in that situation. If you think you can raid 25's 60+ fps on ultra, I believe you to be delusional.
    Just stop dude. The OP is asking advise for his build, there's no point we go any further in arguing. If he won't be able to stream with that hardware, instead of forcing him to use his 1K at once, why don't you pay him a 3930k and a mobo? He doesn't want to go over 800eur, it's his choice.

If you advise him an i7, he might not be able to buy a new monitor. He maybe has a 1300x720 monitor which is going to be more cpubound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I don't think you know what you're talking about. At all.

Good day and Good luck to you both.

Ok I am probably demanding too much with the amount of money I am putting up, disregard ultra settings .. would it be good enough for anything besides low settings?

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 11:44 PM ----------

I actually have one more question , with the set up that was given to me .. Can i buy another Intel core? for example if i want to go with Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4850585139

Scoll down until you get to Build 3, it is pretty far down but this is a good guide nonetheless. You could even save up an extra $300 or so and go the "overkill" build which will run WoW on ultra in most environments except for 25m etc. you would probably able to stream/FRAPS on good-high which still looks nice.

I'd really recommend saving for the $1200~ one. It gives you a lot performance not only in WoW but it would be capable of running most new games on high-ultra.

Thanks for that ineko , very helpful .

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually have one more question , with the set up that was given to me .. Can i buy another Intel core? for example if i want to go with Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz?
    What? do you mean can you buy another CPU? like dual CPU, no.... I'm not really sure what you're getting at though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    What? do you mean can you buy another CPU? like dual CPU, no.... I'm not really sure what you're getting at though.
    You can't have 2 cpu's in one motherboard.

An i7 is 30% faster than an i5 if HT'ed threads are being used. As far as I know, fraps is not using them. Fraps only utilizes 2cores.

If you get an i7 and using fraps, it's really a waste. Dxtory is so much better and is heavily multithreaded which can take upto 16 threads.