Choice of Weapons (Fury)

Here is whats available to me at the moment..

LFR Starshatter
    LFR Shinka Axe +500 Str Gem

Normal Elegion 1H Axe
    463 Dubious Handaxe

The thing is, I play a female human, so because of the specialization with 2H axe
    my Expertise gets screwed up and Ill be sitting at 7.5% / 8.5%

Should I just go SMF with Elegion / Dubious for the time being until I can get hopefully the 1H Sha-touched Sword etc or a NM Starshatter?
    Or continue on playing TG with the 2H Axe / 2H Sword ?

Looking for some advice here, please and thanks!
    Last edited by Raioku; 2012-12-03 at 06:47 PM.

Race change worgen?
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Deleted
    I wouldn't worry about expertise in TG since in SMF you will have to get same amount because elegion and dubious are both axes. So in both cases you will need to get same rating. And Shinka goes into main hand because of it's higher ilvl. In my opinion LFR Shinka with +500 stats and LFR Starshatter are superior. But if you want to be absolutely sure log out with TG weapons, run SimulationCraft and compare it with SMF. Hope you understood something from my blabber

Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    Race change worgen?
    Blizzards biggest scam in this game

Quote Originally Posted by rilld8 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about expertise in TG since in SMF you will have to get same amount because elegion and dubious are both axes. So in both cases you will need to get same rating. And Shinka goes into main hand because of it's higher ilvl. In my opinion LFR Shinka with +500 stats and LFR Starshatter are superior. But if you want to be absolutely sure log out with TG weapons, run SimulationCraft and compare it with SMF. Hope you understood something from my blabber
    Simcraft shows SMF with Elegion/Dubious ahead of Shinka/Starshatter.

Deleted
    Normal elegion / dubious handaxe should be better than both LFR weapons if you break it down to item level your 2-handers have still a slightly higher itemlevel however SMF is about 5% ahead of TG.

Deleted
    What do you prefer?

As you gemmed the 500str gem into the 2h axe - were you planning to go TG? You can only get 1 gem from the quest and then buy another for 10k at some point later on.

What about future prospects? Are you part of a raid that will kill the bosses to drop the normal mode version?

What about your raid? Are you struggling to get to <20% phase?

SMF is better because execute does 35% more dmg. >20% TG should be better, especially with the weapons you currently have to choose from.

Id recommend you to go Shinka MH and Starshatter OH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerno View Post
    What do you prefer?

As you gemmed the 500str gem into the 2h axe - were you planning to go TG? You can only get 1 gem from the quest and then buy another for 10k at some point later on.

What about future prospects? Are you part of a raid that will kill the bosses to drop the normal mode version?

What about your raid? Are you struggling to get to <20% phase?

SMF is better because execute does 35% more dmg. >20% TG should be better, especially with the weapons you currently have to choose from.

Id recommend you to go Shinka MH and Starshatter OH.
    I gemmed Shinka in hopes of getting a 2nd one at some point.
    My current raid group has no shot at killing Elegon (hence I have been pugging that kill and Emporer with another guild the past 2 weeks.
    My DPS is fine I think, 120k on elegon, while other members in my raid struggle to pull 65k.

Yeah, I'll stick with the TG weapons for now

Deleted
    Imma hijack this topic with a question of my own, might get some responses.

Im using TG atm with normal starshatter 489 (no upgrade) + LFR starshatter (no upgrade)

Now today i got my hands on a normal elegion axe 489 (no upgrade) and i have a dubious handaxe 471 (upgraded)

the question should i now go SMF or stick with TG, in general i found topics saying smf is like 5% better or something then TG. Can this make up for those Ilvls?

Im terrible with simcrafting and whatnot, so any tips are welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    hijack this topic as well

What weapon combo is best, Got Heroic and Normal Elegon 1h and rf 1h from sha (with 500 str gem in it). I personally think about heroic elegon axe and sha weapon.