Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

On Use Trinket Nerf

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7338813820#1

After reviewing the data and player feedback, we remain concerned that on-demand burst damage remains too high in PvP. After investigation, we determined that the on-use PvP trinkets are a major contributor to extremely high burst output. As a consequence, in the near future we will be applying hotfixes to smooth out the damage provided by these PvP trinkets. In the case of the Gladiator's Badges this means cutting the amount of primary stat or PvP Power provided, but also cutting their cooldown in half. For the Kor'kron and SI:7 manuals, the cooldown of those trinkets will remain unchanged, but the amount of stats provided will be reduced and the duration of the buff will be increased. The overall damage provided by these trinkets should not be affected; only the burst they are capable of providing.

For example: The Dreadful Gladiator’s Badge of Victory will shortly provide 2553 Strength once every minute, instead of 5105 Strength every 2 minutes. Please note that due to limitations in hotfix technology, the item tooltips and buffs will still incorrectly display the original stat value of 5105.

These are the trinkets that are currently slated for adjustment:

Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
    Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
    Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Victory
    Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
    Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
    Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Victory
    SI:7 Operative's Manual
    Kor'kron Book of Hurting

We are aware of the possibility that certain PvE trinkets could become more attractive for PvP in the wake of these hotfixes. While that is somewhat unlikely given that adopting those items would represent a significant loss of PvP Power and Resilience, we will nonetheless keep a close eye on the situation and make adjustments to the appropriate items if necessary. It is also possible that it could become too difficult to land reasonably consistent kills in PvP. If that proves to be the case, then we currently plan to increase the effects of the Battle Fatigue healing debuff to compensate, which is an adjustment that we’ve been considering for some time. On the other hand, if burst damage remains too high after these changes, we are prepared to take additional steps as needed.

Well that's going to be shitty for a lot of specs.

Its a stealth buff to frost mages.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    is any1 still supprised that they are nerfing wrong things all the time? its blatantly obvious at this point its cooldown stacking that needs major fixin yet they keep throwing sh!t at the wall and hope some pieces stick...

It's a step in what could be considered the right direction, but the real problem lies in 'cooldown stacking'.

Haha... humans can go suck it, other than that, time to roll a medallion (as a non-human).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's a step in what could be considered the right direction, but the real problem lies in 'cooldown stacking'.
    It is in someways. But some classes that already had the main burst nerfed considerably will be hit again. Some classes will get buffs [Hi mages]

If they're gonna make some of these changes they need to do it with a patch and test it properly first instead of throwing nerfs at random shit and watching what happens. It destroys entire seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Haha... humans can go suck it, other than that, time to roll a medallion (as a non-human).
    These are not the get out of stun trinkets
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do you think this is going to effect humans more than any other race?i actually think this will buff humans even more.a human player can now use two on use trinkets and have them active for 40 secs every min.pop one last for 20 secs,then pop the other last for another 20 secs.20 secs later it all starts again,lmfao.

i can sincerely say, thank you blizzard for making my choice between 1400int + 8400 haste proc and a nerfed pvp trinket much much easier.

Yeah those pandaria only world pvp trinkets were a massive boost to 3v3 arena damage.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that's not nerfing them right? It's actually a buff

- Btw is it me or is there forum kinda... wonky? I can't see anything but general discussion

Frost mage with 2 on use trinkets will have 1 up for every single deep freeze lmao..... gg

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    why do you think this is going to effect humans more than any other race?i actually think this will buff humans even more.a human player can now use two on use trinkets and have them active for 40 secs every min.pop one last for 20 secs,then pop the other last for another 20 secs.20 secs later it all starts again,lmfao.
    I think the effect nerfs humans because they use double dps trinkets, they already have a racial "Every man for himself."

And did they not say the pvp power is being cut down? or i just need new eyeballs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the effect nerfs humans because they use double dps trinkets, they already have a racial "Every man for himself."

And did they not say the pvp power is being cut down? or i just need new eyeballs.
    yes we do use two on use trinkets,but now we can use them every min instead of every 2 mins.its a little burst nerf,but it might actually increase overall damage for humans.but this nerf makes blood fury look all the stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    is any1 still supprised that they are nerfing wrong things all the time? its blatantly obvious at this point its cooldown stacking that needs major fixin yet they keep throwing sh!t at the wall and hope some pieces stick...
    The problem is cooldown stacking. They are reducing the burst from these trinkets. How does losing out of ~2500 str on demand not help reduce this problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, my warlock burst is nerfed even more... Oh well, time to see what pve trinket I'll use.

10+ Year Old Account
    hold on a sec,so blizz is only nerfing the on use trinkets,not the self procing trinkets right?so the dreadful auto/self procing trinkets will still give 2853 str "dreadful" once every min. while the on use one will give 2553 str once every min.so humans can rock to auto/self procing trinkets instead of the on use ones.

i have use 2 auto procing trinket before just messing around and they are up all the time.now it might be a dos increase over the on use ones.anyone else seeing that?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    hold on a sec,so blizz is only nerfing the on use trinkets,not the self procing trinkets right?so the dreadful auto/self procing trinkets will still give 2853 str "dreadful" once every min. while the on use one will give 2553 str once every min.so humans can rock to auto/self procing trinkets instead of the on use ones.

i have use 2 auto procing trinket before just messing around and they are up all the time.now it might be a dos increase over the on use ones.anyone else seeing that?
    Just the on use, Calm down you =)

Deleted
    while the on use one will give 2553 str once every min.so humans can rock to auto/self procing trinkets instead of the on use ones.
    Proc trinkets aren't great because you can't choose when they proc. i'd still take slightly lower str on use over slightly higher str procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Just the on use, Calm down you =)
    wft are you talking about?

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Proc trinkets aren't great because you can't choose when they proc. i'd still take slightly lower str on use over slightly higher str procs.
    right and i agree with you,but now the auto procing ones are stronger and they stack with each other and now have the same cd and on use trinkets.they are up all the time with only a 1 min cd.just lacking the the "control" on the procs.