Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    But you can do this right now, I do not get this comment at all.

There are loads of source for gear.

You hit 90 grind some dungeons and scenarios to get to 460.

Scenarios now have a chance of a 476 epic as well.

You can now upgrade your epic gear using Valor points to increase your iLvl further.

PvP gear is very cross overable into PvE now a 476 PvP item is as good as a 476 PvE item for PvE.

There are some very nice 476 crafted epics.

Please please explain to me why this is worse that DS? You have twice as many bosses to get loot from.

You get 450 Valor just from doing LFR it is very easy to get to 1000 a week just with Scenerios and Dungeons.

Are Dailies the only source of Elder Charm sure I see this, but this is something extra?

They did want to make Dalies more rewarding have they maybe gone to far sure, but saying you can't gear an alt is total utter BS.

They have added loads of ways of gearing up your toon, are Dailies one of them sure but there are many many more!

I should point out that you only really need 463 gear to start Normal MV so in fact the new system lets you far supersede this iLvl.

Also any irony in calling it Casualcraft but then moaning you need to work harder to get gear?
    Exactly, my friend raided with us 3 days after hitting 90, the crafted gear is cheap as chips, in fact most of our guildies give them away to other guildies, the dmf trinks are about 10-15k, the sha of anger boots mixed in with heroic dungeon gear which if you hoarded jp can now be made in to 471 gear you can get raid ready in a few hours (with some luck from heroics and lfr ofc)
    I recently volounteered to be a tank for our alt runs, started with crafted pvp gear and a week later im 470, had the benefit of 470 from my resto gear so got in to lfr quicker but still.
    Last edited by mmoc80aa88b997; 2012-12-07 at 08:37 AM.

Posters on this forum continue to confuse difficulty with tedium at length.

Push button, receive rep like some sort of Pavlovian subject isn't effort. It's a cage to dispense pellets to minimize the amount of meat the game actually has to contain.

Can't raid? Well Blizzard has all this exciting "content" for you to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Translation: we'll reset all the charms on patch day, and Elder Lin's quest will now require four hundred of them to complete. For the same three charms you get now for ninety.
    This is pretty much what I got out of it. I really wish they wouldn't speak in riddles.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    Posters on this forum continue to confuse difficulty with tedium at length.

Push button, receive rep like some sort of Pavlovian subject isn't effort. It's a cage to dispense pellets to minimize the amount of meat the game actually has to contain.

Can't raid? Well Blizzard has all this exciting "content" for you to do!
    It's an MMO. Time=Difficulty.

so let me get this all straight.
    Dailies give way more Charms than we can spend.
    GC comes out and says "don't bother hoarding them for 5.2 guys, seriously it's ok"

the player response is
    "well OBVIOUSLY I cannot stop doing these dailies you forced me to do! what are you up to!? the dailies suck anyway!"

why not... just not do so many dailies? is it so hard to believe that Blizzard is doing this so that people feel less pressure to do the dailies?
    the reputations are not really needed, the charms are not really needed. and yet people still wince and moan about being forced to do them.

am i missing something here or did the average IQ of WoW players tank in recent years?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    am i missing something here or did the average IQ of WoW players tank in recent years?
    No it was always this bad. You are just noticing it more. I think George Carlin put it best "Think about how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half the people on the planet are dumber than that."
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

so let me get this all straight.
    Dailies give way more Charms than we can spend.
    GC comes out and says "don't bother hoarding them for 5.2 guys, seriously it's ok"

the player response is
    "well OBVIOUSLY I cannot stop doing these dailies you forced me to do! what are you up to!? the dailies suck anyway!"

why not... just not do so many dailies? is it so hard to believe that Blizzard is doing this so that people feel less pressure to do the dailies?
    the reputations are not really needed, the charms are not really needed. and yet people still wince and moan about being forced to do them.

Ok, unless my math is wrong it would be the same. Assume player A wants to get to revered so he can buy valor gear. Doing that requires we'll say 50 dailies (made up number). 50 dailies give 100 lesser charms. If I do this in 1 week or 3 months I STILL end up with the SAME number of elder charms. Also, assuming we both spend the same number of charms each week on greater charms we'd always end up the same. So whether you do all your questing up front or over time you're still in the same place.

I for example did every daily every day and hit exalted with all factions. I have 1500 coins. I'm not hoarding them, they were just a byproduct of doing the dailies to hit exalted. This wasn't a choice, this was forced on me by Blizz. If I wanted exalted I had to do the dailies which gave me coins and yet by their logic I am hoarding them. Unless the patch doesn't come out for around 5 months and I never do another daily I will have coins left over simply because of the way they designed the system. This is not my fault. Why am I being punished for it?

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Ok, unless my math is wrong it would be the same. Assume player A wants to get to revered so he can buy valor gear. Doing that requires we'll say 50 dailies (made up number). 50 dailies give 100 lesser charms. If I do this in 1 week or 3 months I STILL end up with the SAME number of elder charms. Also, assuming we both spend the same number of charms each week on greater charms we'd always end up the same. So whether you do all your questing up front or over time you're still in the same place.

I for example did every daily every day and hit exalted with all factions. I have 1500 coins. I'm not hoarding them, they were just a byproduct of doing the dailies to hit exalted. This wasn't a choice, this was forced on me by Blizz. If I wanted exalted I had to do the dailies which gave me coins and yet by their logic I am hoarding them. Unless the patch doesn't come out for around 5 months and I never do another daily I will have coins left over simply because of the way they designed the system. This is not my fault. Why am I being punished for it?
    err you are not being punished.
    you are not hoarding, you also no longer have to do dailies for months, so there ya go. you've built a nest egg and can sit on your ass without doing dailies now.

most sane people wouldn't bitch about that.
    enjoy the freedom you've earned for yourself since you put in the completely unnecessary work.

now if you kept doing dailies and dailies in order to stay above 1000 coins then you would be hoarding
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

err you are not being punished.
    you are not hoarding, you also no longer have to do dailies for months, so there ya go. you've built a nest egg and can sit on your ass without doing dailies now.

most sane people wouldn't bitch about that.
    enjoy the freedom you've earned for yourself since you put in the completely unnecessary work.

now if you kept doing dailies and dailies in order to stay above 1000 coins then you would be hoarding
    That's not really true. If they reset my coins before I've had a chance to use them, I am being punished by losing what I put effort into. You could claim that it is the same with valor/JP. The difference there however is I have the option of spending all those points prior to the patch. I have no way to spend the coins so I lose them. That is being punished.

In what way are you being punished? Further, you are completely missing the point of the comment. Of course they are aware that you will get a certain number of coins just from getting all the reps to exalted. In fact, I will bet money that they have internal numbers estimating how many coins a player will have just from getting to exalted with all the factions.

The "stop hoarding" comment was directed at people who continue to grind out dailies for the express purpose of getting coins, even after they have reached exalted with all the factions, and even though they already have enough to last them for 3 months or more. He is effectively telling us that the coins system will probably change, so stacking up a ton of coins will not be as worthwhile as some people think it is now.

This concept is really no different that the valor cap and conversion when a new raid tier comes out. It's exactly the same thing actually. They tell players "Don't bother grinding out a ton of valor because we are just going to convert it to Justice anyway, and that is capped at 4k." And that is perfectly fine but Blizz telling us the same thing regarding the coins is somehow bullshit?

I swear that GC could say that the sky was blue in an interview and people would come on here raging about how much of an ass he is, and how he is a fucking liar and everything he says is complete bullshit.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 07:39 AM ----------

That's not really true. If they reset my coins before I've had a chance to use them, I am being punished by losing what I put effort into. You could claim that it is the same with valor/JP. The difference there however is I have the option of spending all those points prior to the patch. I have no way to spend the coins so I lose them. That is being punished.
    Which is why they are telling you now not to do that. If you go and do it anyway, despite being told it would be a waste of your time, then you have nobody to blame but yourself.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

You're not being punished if you're unable to spend something you wouldn't have been able to spend either way.

GC is simply telling you not to go out specificially to get charms. What's so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Which is why they are telling you now not to do that. If you go and do it anyway, despite being told it would be a waste of your time, then you have nobody to blame but yourself.
    I have not done anything except hit exalted with all the factions. I now have an abundance of coins (1200 or so). This will last me (90 coins a week, 1200/90 = 13.3) 3 months. Actually a bit more as I am now leveling the Dominance Offensive. Also, I am getting 8 dailies on days when Red Crane is active because I want the achievement. So we'll say 4 months by the time I'm finished. Assuming the patch comes out in 2 months and they reset coins, I just lost in the neighborhood of a weeks worth of time of coins because they didn't think ahead. That would be punishment. Now, if they convert my coins into gold as they do with valor, sure I've got no problems. But I did not cheat the system to grind coins, I got them by grinding to exalted. I did nothing that I should be punished for. Yes, if I was doing 60 dailies a day still for coins for next tier I can see it but I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're not being punished if you're unable to spend something you wouldn't have been able to spend either way.

GC is simply telling you not to go out specificially to get charms. What's so hard to understand?
    I COULD spend them is what you're failing to understand. If they didn't reset coins 4 months from now they'd all be gone. If the patch comes out in 2 and they set my coins to 0 I lose them and are therefore being punished because I simply played the game. What's so hard to understand?

No, you're not being punished. It's only a punishment if you actually went out with the express purpose of getting those coins and then find yourself unable to use them.

Not getting free stuff is not a punishment.

exactly. right now you openly admit that the charms are not your primary goal, so they are a byproduct.
    you are bitching that you might not get 100% use out of byproduct.

and that's a might. there are all manner of ways in which they could let you use those up that can be implemented.
    so because there is not a 100% chance of you being able to use 100% of what is, for you, simply a byproduct and not even worth questing for on their own accord, GC is an asshole and they suck a game design?

I have not done anything except hit exalted with all the factions. I now have an abundance of coins (1200 or so). This will last me (90 coins a week, 1200/90 = 13.3) 3 months. Actually a bit more as I am now leveling the Dominance Offensive. Also, I am getting 8 dailies on days when Red Crane is active because I want the achievement. So we'll say 4 months by the time I'm finished. Assuming the patch comes out in 2 months and they reset coins, I just lost in the neighborhood of a weeks worth of time of coins because they didn't think ahead. That would be punishment. Now, if they convert my coins into gold as they do with valor, sure I've got no problems. But I did not cheat the system to grind coins, I got them by grinding to exalted. I did nothing that I should be punished for. Yes, if I was doing 60 dailies a day still for coins for next tier I can see it but I'm not.
    I think it is largely a disagreement on semantics at this point, but I would still argue that you are not, in fact, being punished. You did those dailies for other reasons than to acquire coins, be it rep, lore, valor, whatever. The coins were a byproduct of that. In other words, you would have done those activities that resulted in you acquiring the coins even if the coins were not offered as a reward, thus you are not losing any invested time if the coins suddenly lose value. The time was invested to acquire the other rewards, not the coins.

Now, if you want to say that you would not have done those activities without the coins as a reward, then what GC is effectively telling you is to stop doing that because you are only going to end up wasting your time. So at this point, you have been warned and if you want to consider that a punishment then I would say it would be one you deserved or at the very least one that you brought upon yourself and therefore have only yourself to blame for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I think it is largely a disagreement on semantics at this point, but I would still argue that you are not, in fact, being punished. You did those dailies for other reasons than to acquire coins, be it rep, lore, valor, whatever. The coins were a byproduct of that. In other words, you would have done those activities that resulted in you acquiring the coins even if the coins were not offered as a reward, thus you are not losing any invested time if the coins suddenly lose value. The time was invested to acquire the other rewards, not the coins.
    Well, here's the thing. If I want the three free chances at loot a week (and who in their right mind doesn't) I HAVE to dailies. If I want to hit exalted I HAVE to do dailies. I HATE dailies but I HAVE to do them to get these things. So no, it is not a by-product. If I could avoid doing them I would but I cannot. But this is another matter entirely.

The bottom line is, if there is not a way to spend your excess coins and suggestions have been made nor is there gold returned for excess coins you are being punished. There is a reason you get gold for any over the cap when they convert valor to JP at the end of a tier. Because people would be upset for losing the rewards of their work if not. This is exactly the same thing. Trying to say differently is foolish.

I'm annoyed that I can't get a character to 90, grind out my gear in a few days or a week, be at a reasonable standard for semi-casual raiding and progressing down the path of gearing up using VP even if I can't find a raid.

DS was perfect in this regard. Want to try raiding on a new class? Go hit up HoT heroics for a few days and come back at 378 ready for normal DS action.

Now I have to wade through Daily Area of Casualcraft shit for weeks on end and go beg the RNG gods a mere once a week? Absolutely infuriating.
    You lose credibility when you use DS and perfect in the same sentence. Sorry.

Well, here's the thing. If I want the three free chances at loot a week (and who in their right mind doesn't) I HAVE to dailies. If I want to hit exalted I HAVE to do dailies. I HATE dailies but I HAVE to do them to get these things. So no, it is not a by-product. If I could avoid doing them I would but I cannot. But this is another matter entirely.

The bottom line is, if there is not a way to spend your excess coins and suggestions have been made nor is there gold returned for excess coins you are being punished. There is a reason you get gold for any over the cap when they convert valor to JP at the end of a tier. Because people would be upset for losing the rewards of their work if not. This is exactly the same thing. Trying to say differently is foolish.
    but three free chances at loot requires, what 13 coins a day on average? that's not demanding.
    you getting exalted is all on you, nobody needs exalted on reps. there is a cost to get there, if you want to. bitching about the cost is sort of silly.
    we also have no idea whether or not they will have a dump for charms or even reset charms. you're assuming a hell of a lot and then complaining about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i did all the dailies for rep , then repeaded some for achives , still sitting at 10 weeks of not having to do any dailies before i run out lesser charms. not even planning on touching operation shitwall dailies untill that

Fucking kill me and my alts now. My enthusiasm for coming back to this game after the fucktardery of launch becomes irrelevant wanes with every piece of new news that I read.
    It's conceivable they'll increase the drop % in the T14 LFR once T15 hits.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"