Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    After watching the parses of my old guild over the past two months I see a rather large jump in power between 463 and 496. Going back to semi-casual normal raiding expecting an average ilvl around 470-480 with less than top skilled people to fill in the time is not going to be at all fun.

One would hope the situation would improve in 5.2 but by the looks of it Blizz are going to double down on this funneling of people into LFR/dailies strategy for non-raid character progression. Dungeons are dead.
    There was a large jump in power from the heroic HoT 378s to the H DS 410s too. I use H DS as my example because you used HoF/ToES in yours instead of MSV. That said, it didn't mean you couldn't do normal DS in 378s. Outgearing a place before you even walk into it isn't necessarily all that fun either.

And if I were a betting man I'd say they're probably going to make charms drop in heroics in 5.2. I'll be sorely surprised if they don't add new heroics as well to provide a gear boost to the current tier.

I think he was mostly referrring to the fact that people are currently able to start with 10 Bonus Rolls into the new Raid Instance.

Which would be a gamebreaker in terms of gearing for Hardcore Raids (The Lack of Gear is often what makes these bosses really difficult).

If you have 10 Bonus Rolls when 5.2 is launched, you can do 3 bonus rolls on Normal Mode, and next week perform up to 10 Bonus Rolls on any Heroic Boss.

Considering that this Instance might have 12+ Bosses (similiar to Ulduar) you can roll probably Bonus Roll on any Heroic First Kill, with a bit of Luck, if you take the Bonus Roll from the Normal ID into account and the usual Boss Loot, you might be able to acquire the the T15 4Pc during the 1st Heroic ID and if you have a serious Luck Streak might be relatively close to BiS Gear after a single Week of heroic Raiding.

In other Words, if you can start into the new Instance with 10 Bonus Rolls, you can have with luck, such an insane Jump of Itemlvl within a Single Week that it would seriously lessen the difficulty of the Final Boss, because most ppl will have spent their Bonus Roll already before the Last Boss.

I doubt that they actually touch the Lesser Charms itself, they are the reward for already completed Daily quests, taking away an already earned reward seems bad, they just have to throttle the Elder Charms somehow for 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think he was mostly referrring to the fact that people are currently able to start with 10 Bonus Rolls into the new Raid Instance.

Which would be a gamebreaker in terms of gearing for Hardcore Raids (The Lack of Gear is often what makes these bosses really difficult).

If you have 10 Bonus Rolls when 5.2 is launched, you can do 3 bonus rolls on Normal Mode, and next week perform up to 10 Bonus Rolls on any Heroic Boss.

Considering that this Instance might have 12+ Bosses (similiar to Ulduar) you can roll probably Bonus Roll on any Heroic First Kill, with a bit of Luck, if you take the Bonus Roll from the Normal ID into account and the usual Boss Loot, you might be able to acquire the the T15 4Pc during the 1st Heroic ID and if you have a serious Luck Streak might be relatively close to BiS Gear after a single Week of heroic Raiding.

In other Words, if you can start into the new Instance with 10 Bonus Rolls, you can have with luck, such an insane Jump of Itemlvl within a Single Week that it would seriously lessen the difficulty of the Final Boss, because most ppl will have spent their Bonus Roll already before the Last Boss.

I doubt that they actually touch the Lesser Charms itself, they are the reward for already completed Daily quests, taking away an already earned reward seems bad, they just have to throttle the Elder Charms somehow for 5.2.
    Thinking they might down-convert all your Elders into Lessers when the patch hits? That seems likely, now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Thinking they might down-convert all your Elders into Lessers when the patch hits? That seems likely, now that I think about it.
    Yeah, it's similiar to a new Arena Season, you can't start with buttload of Conquest Points into a new Season.