Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Before the BG queue addons were even implemented? How did people ever get those achievements without dem addons ? Go ask them for tips.
    Like I said you can still queue more than 5, just takes coordination.
    Preform AV existed before achievments were even considered (since 2006).

Just my 2 cents.

That saying I got my Battlemaster (mostly soloed, sometimes with 1-3 friends) without using such addons for achievments.
    Sometimes you will face people who completely have no clue, no gear or bot and even things like AV Perfection are doable then.

As for the change - no idea if it's good or bad, time will tell.
    Last edited by Deng; 2012-12-07 at 01:43 PM.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

OQueue still works relatively well, although it now uses the 3-2-1 method. Version 1.0 was released today and should be on Curse now (or soon).

I have done most of my Battlemaster either solo queuing or doing it with 1-2 people. Only one where I needed a full 40 man premade was AV perfection and in the current state of AV, you are never going to get this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Began PvPing with Season 5 on my Rogue. Got the achievement all by myself with no help at all.

This achievement just requires time and dedication, you can do it even joining with a 5 men party, I did it that way (AV perfection took a lot btw).
    Nothing to whine on.
    Stop asking for easy things.

i got my battlemaster mostly entirely from pugging, i only used a 5 man premade for 2 achieves (we had it all along and frenzied defender) you get most of the achievements in the process of getting to 100 wins unless you are completely afk all the time.

the only one i think you might have problems with as horde these days is AV perfection, but you are alliance, just keep grinding av if you need that one and you will get it eventually.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Personally i only have three achievements left to complete battlemaster, but im sure there are others out there who arent as lucky as i am to have been able to do them either with a 10/15 man from my server or from openraid.

My question is, now what? 5 manning most battlemaster achievements is quite impossible. Perfections, resilient victory, and others need a coordinated effort to obtain and 5 people wont cut it. I know that there have been times when some of those were obtained by luck (and in many cases, RBGs too...which is how i got a few)

I really disprove of blizzards decision, i'd love to finish Battlemaster and i probably will soon as my last three achievements are quite simple, just time consuming (To The Rescue! in AB, Persistent Defender, and Frenzied Defender in WSG)

I think it wasnt a good idea to make the only premade RAID groups available for RBGs.

solo q and earn B-Master alone,its not hard just takes time.i got mine back in wrath solo qing for about 99% of my b-master achs. actually the only ach i got help with was the 20 kbs 0 deaths ach,witch since then i have done alot solo.b-master has been nerfed more then once since it came out in wrath,you do not need a pre-made 10 man group to earn it.

I don't get it. You can do it alone. I and plenty of others did so.

lol.. i made 100% of the achivements "SOLO"

well yeah i took me time but i made them solo.

Realy funny what you have to read here from time to time..

I max do pvp with a 2 or 3 man grp MAX evrything else i do in rbg , i dont see any probleme there

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    I don't get it. You can do it alone. I and plenty of others did so.
    May I ask when you got your Stormpike Perfection and Resilient Victory achieves? They are significantly harder to do at present then they were in the past. They don't happen by accident - there has to be intent.

GL randoming into a group that A) wants to try it B) actually has enough talent to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    May I ask when you got your Stormpike Perfection and Resilient Victory achieves? They are significantly harder to do at present then they were in the past. They don't happen by accident - there has to be intent.

GL randoming into a group that A) wants to try it B) actually has enough talent to do it.
    perfection is still relatively easy to get as alliance ( which i think the OP is) it is significantly harder as horde.
    i'v gotten resilient victory on a couple of alts since cata. it just takes good rng.

you shouldn't need more then a dedicated 5 man to get either.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post

Resilient victory with a pug is just random, sometimes groups wake up a bit when they start to lose and go for the throat so to speak. I got that one on my current toon during Cataclysm, but got it for the first time during s6 if I remember correctly. I don't feel there needs to be intent to get that, just a group that recognizes they need to shape up to win.

Stormpike perfection I will agree is a tough one to get in a pug, I first got it during s5 during the time when bgs were starting non full so there were very few alliance to oppose us. My most recent Stormpike perfection was late cata on my holy paladin, joined an AV with a few friends and found ourselves with another few small groups and one of them said they were going to try it, so the bg pulled together and tried together.
    I will agree that Stormpike perfection requires intent, not necessarily on queuing but definitely before the gates go up, however it seems to me that you can just communicate with your group and get them to go for it, having a couple of friends who can tank and heal come with you certainly helps here. No need for a full raid though.

I personally feel that "Battlemaster" implies that you take command of the field of battle and as such I have no issue with the achievement requiring you to do just that and motivate/lead your team to certain types of victory.

The old-fashioned way? Can't wait to hear this, what's the old-fashioned way?
    Communication between two or more groups when they get queues pop up.

Deleted
    You need a premade to get Battlemaster? I didn't.

it's one of those achievements that take a real long time, due many factors if you do it normally. i got all of my 'hard' achievements by chance, and it makes it much more worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicice View Post
    Get 2 five man groups
    Queue at same time
    Get Same BG? Enter.
    Get Different? Requeue
    Profit
    My guild did this for a long time, it's super easy tbh.

These always make me laugh. So organizing a group for achievements is cheesing it? Read that a few times and let it sink in.

The old-fashioned way? Can't wait to hear this, what's the old-fashioned way?
    It is cheesing it because you are doing it in a way never intended. If Blizz wanted full premades to queue for random BGs they wouldn't have removed that option when they added rated BGs.

The old-fashioned way.. is the same everyone who didn't cheat the system has been doing it since 4.0.

Personally i only have three achievements left to complete battlemaster, but im sure there are others out there who arent as lucky as i am to have been able to do them either with a 10/15 man from my server or from openraid.

My question is, now what? 5 manning most battlemaster achievements is quite impossible. Perfections, resilient victory, and others need a coordinated effort to obtain and 5 people wont cut it. I know that there have been times when some of those were obtained by luck (and in many cases, RBGs too...which is how i got a few)

I really disprove of blizzards decision, i'd love to finish Battlemaster and i probably will soon as my last three achievements are quite simple, just time consuming (To The Rescue! in AB, Persistent Defender, and Frenzied Defender in WSG)

I think it wasnt a good idea to make the only premade RAID groups available for RBGs.
    You have just learned a terrible truth. it is very unwise to attempt to obtain any wow achievement or reward that requires investing massive amounts of time. This is because blizzard has on a whim, on MANY occassions, destroyed either the ability to obtain it or made the reward worthless out of nowhere.

I learned this lesson in burning crusade. I was in a mid tier guild. We had cleared SSC and began work on getting into hyjal. Our guild plan, based on goals at the time, was to clear hyjal, get to black temple, and maybe even take some shots at sunwell.

out of NOWHERE, Blizz dropped this massive change into the game, removing attunements. This meant anyone could enter black temple and sunwell. IMMEDIATELY all of our best-geared core raiders gquit and joined black temple guilds, and our guild died on the spot.

THAT was the moment i realized the gear treadmill sucks, raiding is stupid, and swore off raiding forever. Pvp for me from then on. And under NO circumstances was i ever getting fooled again. I had NO intention of trying for battlemaster, insane, bloodthirsty, or any of those things. Because the aggravation of going for it, and blizz changing the rules to ruin it before i got there, isnt worth it.

Do what cross realm premades do, count to 3 and everything clicks the queue button, and make sure everyone has the same bg when it pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    I think some people may dislike this... But, aren't achievements supposed to be something that achieved, not just facerolled by going in with a tonne of pro players (when you compare to casual pvp scrubs).

I have we had it all along *cough*, that was without a premade and my god am i proud even to this day. Premade grouping to get achievements takes the achievement out of it tbh.
    Yes, but even going 10-20 pros, it's an achievement. It just simply is a pack of wolves among sheep. I have yet to find any group that can handle a guild raid in AV. It's as close as it gets to pure faceroll, about the difficulty of an LFR, maybe less.