Page 1 of 36
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Former Nazi SS guard fights deportation.

http://news.yahoo.com/former-nazi-gu...181245870.html

Honestly the guy has been living here for 50 years does it really matter at this point? and what is with the lady saying he could have walked away if he wanted to she is either dumb or a Jew with a vendetta.( no offense intended im part Jewish my self)

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastblow View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/former-nazi-gu...181245870.html

Honestly the guy has been living here for 50 years does it really matter at this point? and what is with the lady saying he could have walked away if he wanted to she is either dumb or a Jew with a vendetta.( no offense intended im part Jewish my self)
    All must answer of their crimes; if you commit a murder 60 years ago, you can still be charged for it today, so of course this man (who was at the very least an accessory to many murders 50 years ago) should be deported and charged for his crimes.

There is no "forgiving" to be done here. Tough luck; should've thought twice before killing those innocent people, against your will or not.
    Last edited by TheGravemind; 2012-12-07 at 05:18 AM.

Does it really matter at this point he lived out 95% of his life a free man, now he gets to spend his last few years where he'll probably forget his name and crap in his pants in prison. I think he still got the best of it in the end.

Well if all he did was guard a camp I really don't see what exactly he did wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    All must answer of their crimes; if you commit a murder 60 years ago, you can still be charged for it today, so of course this man (who was at the very least an accessory to many murders 50 years ago) should be deported and charged for his crimes.

There is no "forgiving" to be done here. Tough luck, bub, should've thought twice before killing those innocent people.
    "Geiser says he was forced to join the SS in 1942, and that he never killed anyone"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Well if all he did was guard a camp I really don't see what exactly he did wrong.
    Camp guards did not just guard the camp, they shot those who ventured too near to the perimeter of the camp, they aided and abetted the slaughter that went on within (by virtue of protecting the processes of the camp), and he essentially facilitated the murder of innocent people. If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    "Geiser says he was forced to join the SS in 1942, and that he never killed anyone"
    Hitler never "killed anyone" either, and neither did Stalin. This guy FACILITATED and was an ACCESSORY to the massacre and torture of people.

Camp guards did not just guard the camp, they shot those who ventured too near to the perimeter of the camp, they aided and abetted the slaughter that went on within (by virtue of protecting the processes of the camp), and he essentially facilitated the murder of innocent people. If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences.
    You clearly don't understand the concept of compulsory service.

Deleted

There is no "forgiving" to be done here. Tough luck; should've thought twice before killing those innocent people, against your will or not.
    I guess we should persecute every single allied bomber pilot as well, considering how many hundreds of thousands of innocent people they killed. Oh wait! They won the war, so they don't have to answer to anything!

I'm just making a point. I know what you mean.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 06:22 AM ----------

There was no compulsory service with the SS. If it was simply the Wermacht, that would be different. You applied to the SS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you have?

Or would you have simply gone along with the regime for fear of your own life?

I think most people say they'd liberate the camp, but most would simply try to survive. Being a nazi is startlingly not a black and white concept, especially for conscripts.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I guess we should persecute every single allied bomber pilot as well, considering how many hundreds of thousands of innocent people they killed. Oh wait! They won the war, so they don't have to answer to anything!

I'm just making a point. I know what you mean.
    Right, and your point would be valid if it considered that Allied bomber pilots did not intentionally target civilians, but rather targeted military hubs and civilians were collateral damage as a result. But sure, civilians are dead either way, true, but if you live near a military hub during a time of war, then you're acting as a human shield for it. It's partially your fault for being hit with napalm or whatever munitions were used.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Would you have?

Or would you have simply gone along with the regime for fear of your own life?
    I believe I have already stated what I would have done.

Generally though they go tough on nazi party war criminals if the guy didn't do anything he might not get charged too badly (especially these days) but he ran and hid. I'd guess that he'd have had a worse trial 50 years ago, but if he was convinced of his innocence why not attempt to try and clear his name more recently?

At the least, they can say he was a fugitive on the run. Also, something tells me Germans would be more harsh on the Nazi party members than most other countries. Isn't it a crime there to say the word or call yourself one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Compulsory service isn't an excuse for committing war crimes and heinous actions in general. Yes, he was conscripted to the SS upon threat of death, but there are at least a dozen different things he could've done to avoid committing the hideous crimes he's accused of (and probably committed as per his own admission) now.

Some people posting in this thread talk as though they believe EVERY SINGLE member of the Nazi army was rounded up after the war and charged with murder. Never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    The United States nuked Japan twice.....
    There was no "we meant to only hit military hubs" when dropping nuclear bombs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

He's 88 years old. Who gives a shit? Nobody's going to try him for anything, not even in Germany. We're wasting a lot of money and time on a man who's not likely to live more than a few more years.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Some people posting in this thread talk as though they believe EVERY SINGLE member of the Nazi army was rounded up after the war and charged with murder. Never happened.
    Yeah. In fact only a few hundred were in total. People who were, y'know, in charge of things.

Deleted
    They said federal law places former Nazis in a harsher immigration category, and no exceptions should be made because of compulsory service.
    I guess the same rules dont apply for the nazis who worked at Nasa and other various projects.
    Operation Paperclip made sure that a Mengele kind of person who knowgly commited crimes in a position of authority gets full amnesty and a fat paycheck while a poor kid who more than likely didnt even kill anyone gets all the grief.

At any case leave the man be. Anyone who took part in WW2 is almost dead or dying, you cant move forward if you keep looking back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    He's 88 years old. Who gives a shit? Nobody's going to try him for anything, not even in Germany. We're wasting a lot of money and time on a man who's not likely to live more than a few more years.
    Oh if he was actually guilty of war crimes during that period in the Nazi Regime he will be carted off at the age of 110 and tried for it. They don't let that go by. Germany is extraordinarily sorry for what happened and a 'lot' of people want to see those people held responsible. If he did something wrong, they'll put him through the court system.

totally made me think of the doctor in this season of american horror story asylum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    The United States nuked Japan twice.....
    There was no "we meant to only hit military hubs" when dropping nuclear bombs.
    They were still dropped on military hubs; they were gravity-guided bombs, and they were released directly over military hubs. This is a documented fact for both Nagasaki and Hiroshima. I'm not saying it was justified, I'm stating that it's not analogous to a Nazi facilitating the murder of innocent people.

10+ Year Old Account

He didn't kill anyone. Just because he was a guard at a camp does not mean he is a murderer. If you think he is a murderer just because he served as a guard, thats like saying all car companies and there staff are murderers because the cars they build and sell sometimes kill people.

Also Psyopz, aren't you some sort of pretend holy warrior obsessed with the military. If so, you should know that not all soldiers who serve under a banner have the same ideology as there masters.