Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's funny how people expect the guard to act like "Rambo", yet what about the prisoners?

You don't blame them for failing to be "Rambo"...

Deleted
    That one of that guy saying if he was there he would have liberated the camp or die trying must be one of the top three ridicolous thing I have ever heard.

Deleted
    ""Your grandpa ever kill any Japs? Boy, mine did. Loads of them. He was a flamethrower operator in the Pacific theater. Lit 'em up and watched 'em burn. At the time, he was happy to do it. They weren't people. They were nameless enemies from a godless, backwards nation. And he absolutely loved hearing them scream as they died. The marines saw nothing wrong with this. That's how a good soldier was supposed to be.

The occupation changed him. My grandfather lived in Japan for some years. Spending time among the Japanese, he realized that they were good, hard working people. They were born, fell in love, had children, and grew old, just like anyone else. They were humans. He told me that during his time in Japan, he grew fond of it's people. He became remorseful for the lives he had taken. But he never once regretted fighting for his country.
    He took a sword off the body of a Japanese officer he killed in battle towards the end of the war. At the time, it was a trophy. But I think after his time in Japan, it meant something more to him. I asked him about the sword when I was a child. He told me he had taken it from a brave soldier, and that he wished he could give it back. It wasn't until I was much older that he told me the full story of how he got that sword.

My point is, when I hear about this former nazi, I think of my grandpa.""

Holy shit, everyone in the thread should read this. Amazing post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Yeah but it will make Sharon Siegal happy, and, by proxy, Jews everywhere apparently.
    There were millions of Jews killed. Odds are, if you are Jewish, you had family die there or come close to it. There are people who tend to get upset and hold a grudge over dead relatives. Most people from the generation with direct connection to the dead are around death now. As you can see in this thread, the current don't give a shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    There were millions of Jews killed. Odds are, if you are Jewish, you had family die there or come close to it. There are people who tend to get upset and hold a grudge over dead relatives. Most people from the generation with direct connection to the dead are around death now. As you can see in this thread, the current don't give a shit.
    Yet this lawyer is alive and there accusing, so there must be someone, younger, still seeking revenge. Which is wrong after 70 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Wrong place, wrong time?

I understand said circumstances, but imagine this similar scenario: You're kidnapped and taken somewhere far away. Upon removing the blindfold (that I didn't mention), you see a man holding a gun to your family, all of which are tied up and would easily die to this man. They (said kidnappers) give you two options: A. Die with your family or B. Go and kill hundreds of innocent people with them (and they'll be watching you the ENTIRE TIME).

Whichever side you choose, you're hurting innocent people. While I understand the scenario sucks, it's essentially the same for this guy. You can't just escape your crimes regardless of how you were brought into this whether you wanted to or not.

Like I'm not really sure what to say. Sure, you could say I'm biased (both my dad's parents were in the Holocaust and they both survived... physically. They're known as my "insane grandparents"), but I do acknowledge that he may have done it out of fear (if that truly is the case, then he has some of my sympathies), but all I can really say is: "life sucks and isn't ever fair". You can't escape your crimes.
    There's at least one person who is "current" and quite obviously gives a shit. For all the wrong reasons.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raferis View Post
    Holy shit, everyone in the thread should read this. Amazing post.
    I never got to talk to either of my grandfathers, because they both died as a result of the German occupation moving through Russia. One of them as a result of being in a concerration camp. Like him, when I think of that Nazi, I think of both of my grandfathers too. I wish I could tell you their war stories...

Oh no somebody commited a war crime during a war which both sides were commiting.

Seriously people need to get over it. No rules in war. And if there was both sides were breaking said rules when they decided to bomb innocent people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Yeah but you're a Texan redneck that thinks he can rambo through everything while this guy was probably a conscript forced to do his time, fearing for his life and jail time.
    Modern teenagers are very brave, especially from behind their pc.

Psyopz is an idiot. I bet he would have crapped his pants instead.

Deleted
    Good Luck leaving the SS that's all I can say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yet this lawyer is alive and there accusing, so there must be someone, younger, still seeking revenge. Which is wrong after 70 years.
    Calling it revenge or justice is a thin line. The fact that he was able to escape justice for 70 years, should add to his term, just like every other criminal who escapes custody.

This man 88 years old raised 5 children here and now you want to deport him. What kinda madness is this. Now we have to waste millions in tax paying dollars over some one that will die in less than 10 years.

Deleted
    I never got to talk to either of my grandfathers, because they both died as a result of the German occupation moving through Russia. One of them as a result of being in a concerration camp. Like him, when I think of that Nazi, I think of both of my grandfathers too. I wish I could tell you their war stories...
    Why would you say something so stupid is above me. It doesn't make sense on so many levels I'm not even going to count.
    Read that post 20 more times and then try and comment again without embarrassing yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    This is a tricky situation.

1st, my mother was born Jewish, so technically I'm Jewish by ancestry.
    2nd, I feel anyone who directly was involved with the mass murder of civilians should be punished.
    3rd, he was a German solider who was reassigned from guaranteed death on the Russian front to a morally abusive position on a guard tower. Do I think he had a choice about this, no. Do I think he abused his power, and harmed others? no way to know, all of the primary war criminals from the Nazi party have been tracked down in the last 67 years. This guy sound like some dumb Schmuck that got lucky to be pulled from the Russian Front. Also because it took so long to accuse him means he was found because of duty roasters, and not because someone remembered his actions. Which goes a long way to making me believe his side of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Good Luck leaving the SS that's all I can say.
    There are pleanty of Germans who did not go along. What did every German that was not in SS, do different than this guy?

Deleted
    Yeah, war sucks. Bad things happen to good people.

Get over it, time to move on. Life isn't fair, but you have to deal with it anyway.

Calling it revenge or justice is a thin line. The fact that he was able to escape justice for 70 years, should add to his term, just like every other criminal who escapes custody.
    How is being a forced conscript of the SS a crime? How is simply being a soldier against your will a crime? The man has admitted remorse, proven he can be a hard-working honest member of society, and he didn't make it to the US until 1956. That's 11 years anyone in Europe could have done something. Germany doesn't even care to pursue a case. The US just wants to deport him because, as has been pointed out, the Western World has a HUGE hard-on for screwing Nazi's, regardless of their status in the regime.
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    There are pleanty of Germans who did not go along. What did every German that was not in SS, do different than this guy?
    My knowledge on the subject is poor at best, but I was under the impression that once you were in, it was damn hard to get out.

Deleted
    "Escape justice" my arse.

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Yeah and a large majority of them were killed. By Germans. In their own country. History's hard, brah.

Also, if this EVER about justice, there wouldn't be an entire village in Argentina populated exclusively by blonde haired, blue eyed Germans. Joseph Mengele was among them.