Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    There is no free pass for age or time. We should never forget and never forgive.
    Everyone in war is quilty. We shouldnt forgive any of the allies either and they should be brought to justice too. Who knows how many men they killed in the war.

Maybe the people in the camp, and the people harmed by the regime he supported by his actions.

in any case, a court can determine his guilt or not.

There is no free pass for age or time. We should never forget and never forgive.
    So guilt by association, that's what his charges are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Maybe the people in the camp, and the people harmed by the regime he supported by his actions.

I'm of Jewish ancestry, My roommate is very Jewish. I have met and talked with holocaust survivors on several occasions. If he is guilty of something than he should be punished. but after reading his full statement the only thing he is guilty of is lying to immigration when he moved to the USA. However if they find some evidence he did abuse prisoners than he should stand judgement, if not leave him alone. I think the shame on him and his family is enough punishment for lying to immigration. Also if his story is true someone should make it a movie, because it is an interesting perspective on that history. We all know about the horrors the civilians faced but often people forget the horrors that everyone faces in a totalitarian society.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Camp guards did not just guard the camp, they shot those who ventured too near to the perimeter of the camp, they aided and abetted the slaughter that went on within (by virtue of protecting the processes of the camp), and he essentially facilitated the murder of innocent people. If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:21 AM ----------

Hitler never "killed anyone" either, and neither did Stalin. This guy FACILITATED and was an ACCESSORY to the massacre and torture of people.
    oh please dont give me your hero crap, you would not have tried to liberate the camp.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    oh please dont give me your hero crap, you would not have tried to liberate the camp.
    idk, he might have tried. He didn't really indicate how successful it would have been.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yGdt0.jpg[IMG]

Thats OP, obviously a hero.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-07 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    idk, he might have tried. He didn't really indicate how successful it would have been.
    I can make an educated guess...
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    I can make an educated guess...
    Maybe he's Captain Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by epicsasxguy View Post
    [IMG]

Thats OP, obviously a hero.
    I notice you lack an avatar. That's an awesome pic. Hint hint.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted

NEVER forget but never forgive?

Things have to be put into context. That's a tough statement I'm not sure I want to live in a society that cannot forgive.

Sure Hoss, and if Germany or some other interested party wants to Extradite him, I'm perfectly fine with that.

But if nobody has shown an interest in him and he's achieved citizenship legally, leave him be.

He's not being charged with anything according to any source I've seen, some people just want him gone because of who he was over sixty years ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Yet, there are ordinary people who don't do the terrible things at war and ordinary people who do terrible things at peace time.
    Do you seriously deny, that in war far more people do far more terrible things than in peace?

If so, you're very stupid.

a little while ago they did the same to a guy that was 110 years old

Deleted
    We should never forget and never forgive.
    Forget? No.

Forgive? Yes, you should.

People who cannot forgive, can never achieve peace. Those people are a danger to the world.

We should never forget and never forgive.
    is that from the bible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Forget? No.

Forgive? Yes, you should.

People who cannot forgive, can never achieve peace. Those people are a danger to the world.
    You know what, you're right.
    What's wrong with all the bloodthirsty and vindicative posts.

There is some necessary soul searching to be done around here I tell you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    is that from the bible?
    Its simple eye for an eye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    is that from the bible?
    I think the Bible would probably say the opposite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    Its simple eye for an eye
    "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you."

"and forgive us our sins/for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to (has sinned against) us."

Also from the bible.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's lived in the U.S. for all these years, probably as a pretty decent citizen and now they want to deport him? Yes what Hitler did was terrible, but the last time I checked that dude was long dead.

Let the man stay and live out the rest of his life in peace. Aren't there more important issues the tax payers money should be used for?

Current UI : Download
    Boss Kills: YouTube | Vimeo