Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    I believe I have already stated what I would have done.
    Truthfully, you like to THINK you would have done that, given you've never BEEN in that position, you dont KNOW for certain. You have the benefit of NOT having been there and living up on your high horse, while this person did NOT have that benefit.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    You had financial and social gains promised for joining the SS. You could be recruited into the SS from the Wermacht and once you sign up you're in compulsory service for 4 years. Given that he was also only 17 at the time, service was compulsory. It also doesn't indicate if he was a German national, as other states had persons conscripted into the SS-Waffen as well.

Whatever, they'll find a way to burn him at the stake. What's one more dead person, right?
    The Schutzstaffel did not have compulsory service. He applied to the SS knowing full well what they stood for (when the Weimar Republic fell, the fact that the SS and the Sturmabteilung before them were the Nazi party's personal terrorists was a well known fact in Germany.) If he did for the "extra pay," then he traded his morality in a mercenary transaction and deserves to rot in prison for it. People died because he wanted to make a few extra dollars? ROFL

Justice; it must be served and it will be, regardless of what revisionists on these boards think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just deport him and get it over with. He willfully chose to serve evil instead of sacrificing himself for good and potentially saving lives. Hopfully the Mossad finds him.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    Really? Saved many Japanese lives? I guess that fallout that contaminated hundreds of thousands of people's drinking water, and the radiation that killed a thousand or more Japanese people after the fact saved lives. And like Creamy Flames said earlier, Japan was already figuring out the best way for them to concede, but nope, NUKE THE FUCK OUTTA THEM.

Their were plenty of other options besides intentionally dropping weapons of mass destruction on cities when it was known that thousands of innocents would die.
    Let's put it this way: If we'd had to invade Japan, the Japanese race would no longer exist. From what we saw in our battles with them in the Pacific, we knew that they were going to fight down to the last man standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    The reich was in China? I need to look this up, because that sounds fascinating. What were they doing there? Anything specific?
    In Nanking there was a special zone where the Japanese weren't to attack. That zone were for the Nazi's. When Japan started raping, torturing, and killing babies, children, and women and men the Nazi's there were so appalled that they opened their gates to let in the Chinese. At this point the Japanese began to get very irate and demanded they be let in from time to time. So the Nazi's would let the Japanese in and they would select a few people, usually kids, which would then be raped, and used for practice. There are quite a few pictures of how horribly overcrowded it was to the point you had people on top of people pushed up against the gates.

Deleted
    They were still dropped on military hubs; they were gravity-guided bombs, and they were released directly over military hubs. This is a documented fact for both Nagasaki and Hiroshima. I'm not saying it was justified, I'm stating that it's not analogous to a Nazi facilitating the murder of innocent people.
    >tries to justify america
    >MURICA nukes 2 japanese cities in ww2
    >MURICA killed thousands of kids in vietnam with Napalm bombs and code Orange

worst part about it is that these soldiers who fought in Vietnam probs killed a lot more than a SS camp guard but the Vietnam soldiers are seen as war hero's.

Love american logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    And Japan intentionally raped and killed millions of children for the sake of sport. We can play this tit for tat who did what worse game all day. The fact is the Japanese were so cruel the damn Nazi's in China tried to rescue the Chinese!
    Sure, the rape of Nanjing was horrid, and the things that the Japanese did in China were unspeakable.
    They did no such thing to the United States. The Government deliberately dropped two nuclear bombs on huge population centers in Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Saved many Japanese lives? I guess that fallout that contaminated hundreds of thousands of people's drinking water, and the radiation that killed a thousand or more Japanese people after the fact saved lives. And like Creamy Flames said earlier, Japan was already figuring out the best way for them to concede, but nope, NUKE THE FUCK OUTTA THEM.

Their were plenty of other options besides intentionally dropping weapons of mass destruction on cities when it was known that thousands of innocents would die.
    We nuked Japan on August 6, 1945. The Soviet Union declared war on Japan on August 8, 1945. We nuked Japan again on August 9, 1945. The Soviet Union was obviously stunned by our show of force and there are credible historians that make the case that the Soviet Union was pacified as a result of our actions in Japan for a while, so who knows how many more innocent people dying we spared by doing this? Act Utilitarianism: the act was justified because it ended up saving more people ultimately anyway. I'm not even considering how many Japanese soldiers, other civilians, etc, were spared their lives because of the bombings in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the aforementioned calculus.

All must answer of their crimes; if you commit a murder 60 years ago, you can still be charged for it today, so of course this man (who was at the very least an accessory to many murders 50 years ago) should be deported and charged for his crimes.

There is no "forgiving" to be done here. Tough luck; should've thought twice before killing those innocent people, against your will or not.
    Right because being forced to serve under a strict regime is alright. He totally should have just gotten himself executed for treason. It's not like the Nazi's had a shortage of soldiers. Of course, anyone that isn't a suicidal nutbag would choose mandatory service over death.

Well we could have invaded which would have led to a longer battle and millions of lives lost. Both the Japanese and the Americans projected millions of lives lost if it came to a battle like that.

1-200k people were affected by the bomb. Versus a couple million dying on both sides. Not really there weren't "plenty" of options. Wait till Japan concedes, in the mean time they keep attacking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epicsasxguy View Post

worst part about it is that these soldiers who fought in Vietnam probs killed a lot more than a SS camp guard but the Vietnam soldiers are seen as war hero's.

Love american logic.
    Although I think you could have worded it better, I have to agree with you here.
    The United States invaded Vietnam under completely false pretenses and were guilty of killing thousands of children and innocents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epicsasxguy View Post

Love american logic.
    Riveting revisionist history, but Vietnam veterans were never seen as War Heroes and they were spat upon when they returned home. Many of them were heroes, but were treated like garbage. I just thought I'd point out your blatant historical error and the fact that your biases cloud your reporting of actual history. peace, G

Yeah mate, there was another option. Do a conventional invasion of Japan with Navy and Army troops landed in the old fashioned way. Then they fight their way through thousands of completely loyal Japanese soldiers and citizens who were told by their Emperor (who was considered a god) that the Americans were there to rape and murder every single one of them.

Tens of millions of people would have died. A significant portion of the Japanese population would have, at the time, fought to the death.

I would also note that we TOLD the Japanese government that we were gonna do it. We gave them the opportunity to surrender. They refused. We dropped the bomb. We told them AGAIN that we'd do it a second time. Second refusal. They got the point after that.

Sure, the rape of Nanjing was horrid, and the things that the Japanese did in China were unspeakable.
    They did no such thing to the United States. The Government deliberately dropped two nuclear bombs on huge population centers in Japan.
    It's not even just the rape of Nanking. Nanking just happens to be the biggest city it happened to and one of the most important sections. Japan did this ALL THE WAY to Nanking to just about every town, village, city, that was between them and their goal. Japan killed more pows than they other country as well. Nazi's treated pows better and more often they weren't killed, where as the Japanese killed pows for sport.

Deleted
    The Schutzstaffel did not have compulsory service. He applied to the SS knowing full well what they stood for (when the Weimar Republic fell, the fact that the SS and the Sturmabteilung before them were the Nazi party's personal terrorists was a well known fact in Germany.) If he did for the "extra pay," then he traded his morality in a mercenary transaction and deserves to rot in prison for it. People died because he wanted to make a few extra dollars? ROFL

Justice; it must be served and it will be, regardless of what revisionists on these boards think.
    It was actually, if you served in the wehrmacht and were a prision guard/ administrative staff member then you were absorbed into the waffen ss.

If you want the sources/ proof i can link you some (very easy to google though, just check the 1942 concentration/ prision camp absorption into waffen - ss. Alot of them were just normal men staying off the frontlines or young men on first postings).

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Yeah mate, there was another option. Do a conventional invasion of Japan with Navy and Army troops landed in the old fashioned way. Then they fight their way through thousands of completely loyal Japanese soldiers and citizens who were told by their Emperor (who was considered a god) that the Americans were there to rape and murder every single one of them.

Tens of millions of people would have died. A significant portion of the Japanese population would have, at the time, fought to the death.

I would also note that we TOLD the Japanese government that we were gonna do it. We gave them the opportunity to surrender. They refused. We dropped the bomb. We told them AGAIN that we'd do it a second time. Second refusal. They got the point after that.
    Yep a good amount of their population would have fought for their "god" when you consider the fact Japan killed tens of thousands of it's own citizens for not being loyal enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Just deport him and get it over with. He willfully chose to serve evil instead of sacrificing himself for good and potentially saving lives. Hopfully the Mossad finds him.
    +1

If the man truly regrets his past decisions, then that's between him and God (assuming he believes in God) or whatever deity (or lack thereof) he subscribes to.

That shouldn't change the fact that justice must be delivered. JUSTICE

Camp guards did not just guard the camp, they shot those who ventured too near to the perimeter of the camp, they aided and abetted the slaughter that went on within (by virtue of protecting the processes of the camp), and he essentially facilitated the murder of innocent people. If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:21 AM ----------

Hitler never "killed anyone" either, and neither did Stalin. This guy FACILITATED and was an ACCESSORY to the massacre and torture of people.
    Hey you know who else shoots people for wandering too close to fences in their forced internment camps? Israel. Speaking of high horses, I think yours is dead and you should probably stop beating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Nanking there was a special zone where the Japanese weren't to attack. That zone were for the Nazi's. When Japan started raping, torturing, and killing babies, children, and women and men the Nazi's there were so appalled that they opened their gates to let in the Chinese. At this point the Japanese began to get very irate and demanded they be let in from time to time. So the Nazi's would let the Japanese in and they would select a few people, usually kids, which would then be raped, and used for practice. There are quite a few pictures of how horribly overcrowded it was to the point you had people on top of people pushed up against the gates.
    Wow, I had no idea. I knew the Nazis were in the Middle East, Africa, and South America, but I never once thought they had forces as far as China.

Still, their actions don't surprise me. Most of the Reich's soldiers were good and honorable men, I think. I'd be willing to be that if you showed them what was taking place in the death camps, almost all of them would be absolutely shocked.

I feel that it's implausible that an entire nation could be evil, but good men can be easily misled.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:48 AM ----------

Japanese killed pows for sport.
    Also, they occasionally cooked and ate them. Can't forget about that!

+1

If the man truly regrets his past decisions, then that's between him and God (assuming he believes in God) or whatever deity (or lack thereof) he subscribes to.

That shouldn't change the fact that justice must be delivered. JUSTICE
    Except he wasn't "willingly" serving but forced to he says. During that time it was serve or die.