new 3d ready monitor?

Ok i'm shopping now for my own xmas present.

I'm looking for a 3d ready monitor (preffer including the glasses. i've got like $300.00 to spend (including tax/shipping).

Currently i'm using a 52 inch 1080p tv as my gaming monitor but i'm going to retire it to my media center box so i can have a proper gaming monitor. I don't mind refurbished as long as i can get some kind of warranty on it. I'd like to be above 23" i'd like to be somwhere arround 25-27" size. I mention nvidia 3dready since i've allways and will always use nvidia cards.

Any modern monitor is pretty much 3D ready, but it's not recommended to use a 60HZ monitor since your eyes will start to hurt after a while and your overall experience will be sub-par.

120Hz is where it's at. However, you can't get a monitor+glasses for $300

You will not be able to get a 27" 120hz monitor for 300 bucks, you need to stick to 23" range.

Best 120hz monitor for the money: (will be back in stock in about 5 days)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001537

yea i figured i woudn't find monitor + glasses at 27"

What i'm curious and hope some people here that answer have this. Wich is better? 120hz monitor + nvidia's glasses or 120hz monitor with it's own glasses. I've found a few 23" with passive glasses.

fascinate: seems that monitor is not compatilbe with the nvidia 3dnow. only able to use it's own glasses. I do not use ati cards so that's not an option for me. also +shippig+tax it's too much. wish i had more money to throw at it.
    Last edited by Arteous; 2012-12-07 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    yea i figured i woudn't find monitor + glasses at 27"

What i'm curious and hope some people here that answer have this. Wich is better? 120hz monitor + nvidia's glasses or 120hz monitor with it's own glasses. I've found a few 23" with passive glasses.

fascinate: seems that monitor is not compatilbe with the nvidia 3dnow. only able to use it's own glasses. I do not use ati cards so that's not an option for me. also +shippig+tax it's too much. wish i had more money to throw at it.
    120Hz is still fairly new tech, along with 3D. You should be prepared to spend $350-500 if you want to have a good 3D gaming experience

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend to buy a BenQ XL2420TX. I have one and it's amazing, but it cost $500, but did include a pair of NVIDIA 3D vision glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    I'd recommend to buy a BenQ XL2420TX. I have one and it's amazing, but it cost $500, but did include a pair of NVIDIA 3D vision glasses.
    yea i saw that one and wanted to get it but 500 puts it 200 over my spending limit. I'm probably going to try pick up the nvidia glasses after newyears/xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You will not be able to get a 27" 120hz monitor for 300 bucks, you need to stick to 23" range.

Best 120hz monitor for the money: (will be back in stock in about 5 days)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001537
    Don't they sell that monitor without 3D glasses so it's a bit cheaper?