Few questions for WW

With the recent change to Ascension, would it be a bigger increase of DPS to reforge for crit after a certain haste breakpoint with 4pc tier?

Staff from Tsulong - Would that be better to use over a LFR Gara'kal and the Agi Sword from the Halloween event?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

for weapons go for ilvl, its close enough that you should only really worry about ilvl. and the sword is just badly itemized. Haste break point is something like 6k after which you want crit. I find the set bonus this tier very lackluster so I wouldn't gear around them.

Quote Originally Posted by adain878 View Post
    for weapons go for ilvl, its close enough that you should only really worry about ilvl. and the sword is just badly itemized. Haste break point is something like 6k after which you want crit. I find the set bonus this tier very lackluster so I wouldn't gear around them.
    I looked around a bit and found that it was 6700 for the haste soft cap.

The current train of thought from elite players is "screw haste". If you check armory of great DPSing monks youll see they reforged fully to crit. This is beacuse they have learned to use FoF correctly, and with raidbuffs your haste rating is pretty high regardless.

I currently use 3667 haste which energy caps me at times. If you feel you cant handle the rotation and use FoF well enough go for more haste to compensate. The main thing is to learn to use your abilities in a way that you never run out of energy or cap it. So the "rotation" changes depending on your haste etc. My rule of thumb is if i can RSK and FoF when they come of CD every time im solid. Then i use BK procs when they come up instantly but leave TP procs for when i need to refresh it.

About weapons, i agree to a certain point that ilvl is a good marker. However i currently favour 489 garajal fist+blue offhand before a sha-touched 2h from toes with 496 ilvl and get higher dps in almost all fights.

My 2 cents.

I went ahead and reforged out of haste and into crit with the 2h weapon until I can get better from Garajal/Empress. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for your input.