Deleted

Do I need to upgrade?

Hello since Christmas is around the corner I was wondering if I need to upgrade anything in order to play new games such as far cry 3.

System specs:
    Intel core i7 870
    8gb DDR3 RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series 2gb
    1.5TB hardrive

thanks

Overclock your CPU with a decent cooler and upgrade to a new GPU if you want to play on high or ultra.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Overclock your CPU with a decent cooler and upgrade to a new GPU if you want to play on high or ultra.
    mwuahaha i like those benchmarks , just another confirmation that 670's are awesome (beating 7970 lol)

OT: overclocking , upgrading GPU (660Ti is awesome for example see chaud's benchmark link) or get a SSD for very fast system in regards to booting/OS.
    for performance in games you GPU is likely the main limiting factor.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    mwuahaha i like those benchmarks , just another confirmation that 670's are awesome (beating 7970 lol)

OT: overclocking , upgrading GPU (660Ti is awesome for example see chaud's benchmark link) or get a SSD for very fast system in regards to booting/OS.
    for performance in games you GPU is likely the main limiting factor.
    I think its only funny since theres amd stamps all over it lol.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    I think its only funny since theres amd stamps all over it lol.
    more ati optimized games in the future plz , since nvidia works even better with them (talk about a marketing paradox xD)

Deleted
    Would I get better performance if I got another 7770 2gb and have dual graphics cards? Also my psu is 500W so i was wondering if I need to upgrade that if I want to upgrade to a new graphics card.
    Last edited by mmoc1e5494e371; 2012-12-08 at 04:14 PM.

crossfiring a 7770 would be kind of ridiculous if you really want the best performance cough up the extra money now for a good single card or save a little while then purchase a good card.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Deleted
    overall CF still is unstable as hell new releases are a pain untill drivers get updated. (and since you want to CF a lower/mid tier card it is easily overlooked for focus of driver performance)