Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rain of fire - Another nerf

Besides that the stun was taken away. Now it doesn't interrupt flag captures (Arathi Basin/ Battle of Gilneas). At all.

When no one bitches about it; blizzard actually nerfs it.

Why blizzard?

Deleted
    Cause it's a brainless use spell that stops anyone from capping a flag for the duration, and Blizzard wants to get rid of skillless, mindless things like that.

That, or it's a bug. I think it's a good bug and should be applied to all AoE's like that (Death and Decay, Blizzard)

^ it was extremely overpowered in terms of interrupting. I dont see the problem here

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    An AWESOME change, RoF interrupting was retarded.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Deleted
    Any place and leave AoE, that locks flag capping/taking/etc has no place in the game and should have stopped it.

Great change in my opinion. Now hopefully they'll change them all so work the same way.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read alot of forums and post will someone who roles lock plz tell me why warlocks and (dks) think they are entitled to have everything?

more on topic: I havent pvped in while cant you still fear bomb flag cappers?

If they've changed all other fire-and-forget AOEs too, then great!

If not, well... Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triegh View Post
    I read alot of forums and post will someone who roles lock plz tell me why warlocks and (dks) think they are entitled to have everything

Try that sentence again (or maybe some kind person could translate) and I'll try and answer. As I'm not 100% sure what you're actually asking, especially in relation to this thread in particular?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    you know exactly what i said and ment. but if you have no answer then just say so next time. thanks

in relation to this post, basicly is it that big of a deal to have that nerfed? because basicly any other spell will interupt flag caping, and i wasnt asking you, almighty captain knowledge. that is whats called...(see if you can follow) a rhetorical question.

Deleted
    in relation to this post, basicly is it that big of a deal to have that nerfed? because basicly any other spell will interupt flag caping, and i wasnt asking you, almighty captain knowledge. that is whats called...(see if you can follow) a rhetorical question.

Every post in this thread, bar the original agrees with the change....yet you say "locks think they are entitled to everything"

Now...I have something to actually answer

1. Again, everyone bar the OP agrees with the change due to the skill'less nature of it.
    2. Even if we didn't, RoF is still 1 of our skills, not another class's, so we're not really demanding "entitlement" to anything.
    3. Asking rhetorical questions on an internet forum board, is not going to get you very far.
    4. Insults not needed here thank you very much

15+ Year Old Account
    Stun was retarded. Just like DK s5 DND fear was.

However this was expected, and I hope they will do it with ever AoE which doesn't require channeling to maintain the spell active.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. as about as insulting as saying can someone translate?
    2. the rhetoric of the question was to point out how some players think they are entitled to things that could be bugs or alittle op
    3. "getting very far on the internet forum board" what is exactly the progression or is there something to earn?
    4. im not sure how casting RoF on one person in a BG is in your main rotation for that but you can choose to play how you would like.
    p.s stop looking for fights it doesnt get you very far in real life, just because you seen i had what? 4 posts doesnt mean your in some kind of 100's club and you can tell me "the ropes" on forums

but i digress have a nice warlock discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HSX View Post
    Besides that the stun was taken away. Now it doesn't interrupt flag captures (Arathi Basin/ Battle of Gilneas). At all.

Why blizzard?
    Regardless of whether you think the stun was stupid or not (seems to be differing opinions) you might have seen in the patch notes that RoF was buffed in that it now ticks every 1 second, rather than 2. With ticks required for stun taking half the time, it would have been a bit over the top.

I guess they could have doubled the number of ticks for stun but tbh I'm happy with more dmg from it, rather than the stun but then I probably don't PvP as much as you

1. as about as insulting as saying can someone translate?
    2. the rhetoric of the question was to point out how some players think they are entitled to things that could be bugs or alittle op
    3. "getting very far on the internet forum board" what is exactly the progression or is there something to earn?
    4. im not sure how casting RoF on one person in a BG is in your main rotation for that but you can choose to play how you would like.
    p.s stop looking for fights it doesnt get you very far in real life, just because you seen i had what? 4 posts doesnt mean your in some kind of 100's club and you can tell me "the ropes" on forums

but i digress have a nice warlock discussion.
    its more about the morality of your posts. Yea, you can post however you want I suppose. But the "progression" of the forums is more about gaining respect and reputation. If you see someone who has a lot of posts and go to look and see that most or all of them are respectable/informative posts then you are more likely to take any further posts from them seriously and not just assume they are a random troll.

You can respond to someone and get your point across(be it with or against them) without sounding like a troll and using rhetorical remarks. I think that's what he was getting at. Also the start of your first post had a punctuation issue that may have confused him about what you were saying, reading over it twice and paying more attention to the last bit of it clears it up though.

On a side note, I think this nerf was called for. Was a little crazy that a lock could just sit in the back and cast one move over and over to almost guarantee the base wont be captured.

Interrupting a flag cap in any BG like AB should not be a "set it and forget it" deal. You should have to pay attention to the flag, not be able to throw an aoe down and go back to tunnel vision killing a DPS while a healer is freecasting in the background (because I can almost guarantee that anyone that has that big of an issue with a nerf like that is that kind of person). I like that it's still useful to prevent a stealther from coming up for a ninja cap, and that's about all it should be useful for. There are still plenty of resources to get people off of a flag (fears, stuns, horrors, knockbacks, all of which locks have in some form or another, and that's not even including just straight damaging the person). PvP is supposed to be all about split second decisions, and refreshing your RoF on the flag every few seconds is far from that.

I could however see it as not completely imbalanced and overpowered if they made a glyph or something for RoF that gave it back the stun, but maybe it had a 1 min ICD or something ("Any target that takes X ticks from RoF is stunned for 3 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once per minute."). Maybe even make said glyph a slightly shorter ICD, but it sets the tick rate back to the original 1 every 2 sec (so you can either have it tick faster to get more aoe dmg, or less frequent to get the stun on a reasonable CD).

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    An AWESOME change, RoF interrupting was retarded.
    if this is "awesome" to you, you must lead an insanely boring life, lol

Quote Originally Posted by HSX View Post

Why blizzard?
    I'm not really sure how most DoTs/channels interrupt capping, but personally I think the first tick of RoF should interrupt, just not subsequent ticks. If that doesn't happen, then the game would be pretty broken given that classes will have spammable AoE that can interrupt.

And there is nothing wrong with a warlock being able to indefinitely keep an opposing team of 10 players off a flag. If said 10 players can't kill or CC the warlock (or for that matter, rogue, DK, shaman, druid, anything), they don't deserve the flag.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vraagar View Post
    On a side note, I think this nerf was called for. Was a little crazy that a lock could just sit in the back and cast one move over and over to almost guarantee the base wont be captured.
    You can kill the or CC the warlock, it takes a 3 second blanket silence followed by 6 second clone, or a multitude of other abilities.

Deleted
    Was all AOE interrupts fixed, or was it just another blanket nerf to warlocks' pvp performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If they've changed all other fire-and-forget AOEs too, then great!

If not, well... Yeah.
    If not then those should be fixed too. "Other stuff is also broken" is not a reason to leave broken things unfixed. Ever since vanilla, the general intent has been that fire-and-forget AoE shouldn't interrupt flag capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Was all AOE interrupts fixed, or was it just another blanket nerf to warlocks' pvp performance?
    How is one very specific change to one spell under specific circumstances in certain battlegrounds in any way a "blanket" nerf? Have you ever actually seen a blanket? They're not exactly surgical tools.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Cause it's a brainless use spell that stops anyone from capping a flag for the duration, and Blizzard wants to get rid of skillless, mindless things like that.

That, or it's a bug. I think it's a good bug and should be applied to all AoE's like that (Death and Decay, Blizzard)
    hmm, by that logic they would have removed the mage class ages ago.