[WW] T14 set bonus underpowered..

Whyare our set bonuses so freaking crap? I mean 5 sec CD reduction on a spell we can quite never use on cool down due to melee unfriendly bosses... That is bullshit other classes get xx % DMG increase on main spell.. And our 4p bonus even worse since ascension fix I barely never ever run low on energy now and do not always use EB..
    I play my monk as main since release... All content cleared in normal and a few hard modes, ilvl 493 and yet I don't see how our set bonus is any comparable to other DPS classes..

Id youre not using EB, u should maybe consider reforge some haste to crit
    i don't like signatures

Quote Originally Posted by pizzkaka View Post
    Id youre not using EB, u should maybe consider reforge some haste to crit
    How much haste should I keep then ? Haven't found any conclusive info. Will also change out some haste gems

I cant help you with any numbers unfortunaly, experiment a little bit,just enough to not grt capped nor starved, try to utilize EB and fof as much as you can for energy regen
    i don't like signatures

Deleted
    I'm running with 5.5k haste (can't get it lower), and this takes my crit to 5.3k. I'm rather good geared though, but I would want at least 5k haste, but not more than 6k, preferably around 5.4-5.6k is what I'm thinking. I mean, haste is good and all, but over 6k you're definitely going to run into problems, and over 7k it's almost impossible to handle (had about 7.5k before Ascension change and ran with it for a little while and it was WAY too much).

But anyways, regarding our set bonuses - yes, they're terrible compared to other classes', but the 2-set is not totally worthless. With a crit build you should see a fairly nice gain in using Fists of Fury as often as it can be allowed, and your energy won't be out of control with EB up unless you have more than 6k haste, so the 4-set is not THAT bad either. They should however not be worth much more than a couple thousand DPS in total (about 2-5k depending on FoF usage, energy management and gear)
    Last edited by mmoc14827eacb9; 2012-12-07 at 11:26 AM.

thx for your help. I've now been studying forums, playing around with simcraft and ask Mr robot and found out that I my current gear crit is better than haste ! Something like 1.37 vs 1.33 ! Went to see just monk's from method profile and it seems to be correct as he reforged all he used to have in haste to crit now! Changed all my gems and reforged it all and my stats are now pretty much the same as his. According to simcraft my DPS went up a lot. Over 115k DPS now. Using gara'jal's heroic fist and non-hero in offhand! Before all changes and the hero drop yesterday I had 489er 2h putting me at 84dps lol. Guess my raid leader is going to love me even more !

To all those in my situation, run simcraft with scaling for all our important stats, loook at weights you get and put them into askmrrobot stat weights and run optimize! Worked flawlessly for me

Once you get 4 PC reforge from haste to crit. Before you have 4 PC haste is better. Just picked up PC and with the changes with Ascension i have not had any energy problems at all... by the time i start to have to wait for resources i can pop EB and my problems are gone....Honestly the 4PC bonus is nice. I do think the 2 PC is kind of lame being FoF is a tricky ability to use and unless you are spot on with your rotation you usually don't have an optimal time to use FoF.

here is my armory if you would like to take a look
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndarama/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Ramalaf View Post
    Once you get 4 PC reforge from haste to crit. Before you have 4 PC haste is better. Just picked up PC and with the changes with Ascension i have not had any energy problems at all... by the time i start to have to wait for resources i can pop EB and my problems are gone....Honestly the 4PC bonus is nice. I do think the 2 PC is kind of lame being FoF is a tricky ability to use and unless you are spot on with your rotation you usually don't have an optimal time to use FoF.

here is my armory if you would like to take a look
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndarama/simple
    well now that I've switched from haste to crit I'm not always getting energy capped, so even though I don't have 4pc bonus yet, it still was a dps upgrade AND stats weight were telling me crit>haste.

Nice gear btw need that 2. gara'jal fist next week^^ we killed him yesterday for the first time... and I got lucky^^

Just asking for those who have their 4p bonus already. Is EB's effect literally "110 energy over 11 seconds" after equipping them?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you don't need 4pc for crit > haste. Get to 4500 to 5k haste, then work on crit.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Quote Originally Posted by bofferding View Post
    well now that I've switched from haste to crit I'm not always getting energy capped, so even though I don't have 4pc bonus yet, it still was a dps upgrade AND stats weight were telling me crit>haste.

Nice gear btw need that 2. gara'jal fist next week^^ we killed him yesterday for the first time... and I got lucky^^
    Thanks! that fight is a great one for melee dps.... at least in my guild we don't typically send the melee down (aside from DK's) so we just get to sit there and tunnel our face off. lol..

Our set bonuses are offensive tbh.

The amount of haste you need is dependent on your rotation and so on.

The idea is to never energy cap, and never have to wait to jab to get chi because of too low energy. The cap varies, i use around 3600. Justmonk in Method use 4000 and so on. Its all about what you think you can handle and what your gear looks like. Using FoF in a manner that rotates it with EB which will maximize your energy gain is key for this tho. Experiment, and do it in raids so you get all the necessary buffs you will need to make an exact determination.

This gets brought up at the beginning of every expansion and since I haven't read everything in here yet I'll say it.

First tier is always going to have lack luster bonuses because they don't want to have OP bonuses by the second tier of raiding. Great example of this was when DK's had a set bonus of letting diseases crit, it made the set bonus mandatory and almost unbeatable till late in ICC. Or tank bonuses in DS but it was irrelevant since it was the last tier.

Though our bonuses are fairly lack luster at least the 4p is decent.........sometimes.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore