10+ Year Old Account

Selfless Healer talent as retri for pvp

Hey everyone, I usually use selfless healer talent in pvp instead of sacred shield because sacred shield can be dispelled, purged, and spell steal but it's very good against melees. I like selfless healer more because with the combination of glyph of flash of light the instant FoL will be very good even after the nerf of pvp power for our self heal with that talent it's still good.

HOWEVER....what really annoys me at the moment is that priests can dispell it...they can dispell the actual selfless healer buff and preventing you to reach 3 stacks of the buff to get your instant FoL...anyone here find this unfair? I mean I know dispells now has a cd and cost more mana than before.. but still..it takes 3 judgements to finally have 3 stacks then boom dispell it....so yeah anyone other than me find this is unfair?

Thanks for reading discuss please.

I don't think it's particularly unfair, no. We are far from the only class that can have important buffs dispelled, and that's kind of the point of offensive dispels.

It's certainly annoying, though.

Deleted
    we have many buffs/spells that are undispellable, so i dont see the need to make every paladin's buffs/effects indispellable, it would look like something is "wrong" with that class (and right now it isnt).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    we have many buffs/spells that are undispellable, so i dont see the need to make every paladin's buffs/effects indispellable, it would look like something is "wrong" with that class (and right now it isnt).
    Not really.. here is the list of spells and buff that are dispellable, purgable and stealable:

All of our hands spells, blessing of might, king, sacred shield, divine shield, and selfless healer.

Now the list of undispellable spells and buffs here we goes:

inquisition, Holy Avenger, Avenging Wrath (Finally no longer players can remove our wings), GoAK buff, and divine protection.

We have more dispellable spells and buff than not dispellable stuff.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-12-07 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Selfless healer isn't that bad, because there's a chance to dispel that or an important buff. For Ret it's the better choice in PvP between Sacred Shield. It's Eternal Flame that's unfair, cause no Prot or Ret Paladin in their right mind would want it. You'd have to be proactively casting Eternal Flame to make good use of it, and if it's dispelled then the glyph is totally useless.

Holy can make good use of all 3 abilities just fine, but Prot and Ret cannot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Not really.. here is the list of spells and buff that are dispellable, purgable and stealable:

All of our hands spells, blessing of might, king, sacred shield, divine shield, and selfless healer.

Now the list of undispellable spells and buffs here we goes:

inquisition, Holy Avenger, Avenging Wrath (Finally no longer players can remove our wings), GoAK buff, and divine protection.

We have more dispellable spells and buff than not dispellable stuff.
    Execution Sentence can now be dispelled too. I certainly don't like how we have so many dispellable buffs, but that's the downside of being magic/melee.

Selfless healer was bounds and leaps ahead of others in pvp when PvP Power benefited healing.

Now, I get a nice 30k non-crit GCD heal, assuming my stacks haven't been stolen. It makes me very sad.

So, it's really just a toss up now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

It's the same deal with feral druids, and I believe enhance shamans. It's not unfair, it's balanced. Feral and enhance are pretty mirrored to rets, and they get the same treatment. As for other ret abilities, some do need to be made undispellable, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    It's the same deal with feral druids
    <Removed> Please refrain from posting meme pictures.

~Fhi
    Last edited by Fhi; 2012-12-09 at 11:34 PM.

the entire tier is dispellable. which is really a problem. and considering how much of ret's survivability is based around active systems, you can still completely counter a ret by dispel spaming them.

SH's ramp time alone should make it worthy of not being dispeled.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"