Deleted

help request, low fps on world of warcraft

hi everyone,
    my wow runs very slow (about 10 fps on minimum settings) i dont have any clue about computers and dont know where to start.
    My system is:
    4095 MB Ram
    AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core Processor
    AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
    Windows 7 64 bit

so is it too bad for wow? or is some hardware foul? i would be happy to at least play it smooth on minimal settings.
    any help would be appreciated and if you need more information i will do my best to provide it. thanks
    (i updatet all of my drivers)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delkonig1 View Post
    hi everyone,
    my wow runs very slow (about 10 fps on minimum settings) i dont have any clue about computers and dont know where to start.
    My system is:
    4095 MB Ram
    AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core Processor
    AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
    Windows 7 64 bit

so is it too bad for wow? or is some hardware foul? i would be happy to at least play it smooth on minimal settings.
    any help would be appreciated and if you need more information i will do my best to provide it. thanks
    (i updatet all of my drivers)
    If you don't know much about computers, let someone take a loot at;
    The inside of the hardware, dust may have built up, super-heating things making them slow
    The drivers, these need to be correctly installed and preferably the latest
    The state of the harddisk, a frequent slowdown if corrupt

Don't forget to back-up, the best solution might be to reïnstall windows.

That's a very AMD based system so I'm taking a stab in the dark here as I know little about them.

That being said WoW is a very CPU heavy and with MoP they added a lot upgrades that might just push that CPU too much. I'd start there.

Otherwise, is it just WoW running that slow? Does WoW crash often? Have you cleaned the case recently? Defragged the HDD?
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2012-12-07 at 03:04 PM.