Avoid the need of reloading the UI when changing talent / glyph

Hey guys,

so everytime I want to change a talent a message appears "addon xx has been blocked from an action only available to Blizzard UI. You can disable this addon and reload the UI."

every. damn. fucking. time.

it's annoying, especially during raiding.

now yea, i can reload the UI and then change the talent, but is there no other way of fixing this? so that i dont have to reload my ui every time i want to change a talent / glyph? thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i'm getting this too when trying to unlearn a talent, not every time but frequently.
    It's obviously caused by a buggy addon but i can't find which one since i'm always getting during raiding times.

it's not a buggy addon, it must be something from blizzard. because it's always a different addon that's causing this, it cycles through 15 addons or so that seem to "cause" this bug. so i dont think its the addons

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the same issue, for me it's usually Shadowed Unit Frames that seems to be acting up, but on their official site they don't seem to know the problem, so it could either be a certain combination of addons that causes this, or like you said a blizzard thing. I am already happy that I learned this "reload ui before switching"-trick instead of having to relog and re-enable SuF every time >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    its even more annoying in arena, since after you do /reload ui in prep room all your buttons magically vanish...

10+ Year Old Account
    Have this as well, it actually prevents me from unlearning a talent. I simply cannot unlearn it. Every time I get the pop up, force a reloadUI and nothing happens. I use ElvUI.

The latest version of BlizzBugsSuck addon should stop this if you're really annoyed with it.
    Current fixes include:

Fix the PlayerTalentFame is nil error with the GlyphUI.
    Last edited by Tomazooma; 2012-12-07 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomazooma View Post
    The latest version of BlizzBugsSuck addon should cure this if you're really annoyed with it.
    tryin it out right now, always sucks to reload cuz of this bug
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    "addon xx has been blocked from an action only available to Blizzard UI. You can disable this addon and reload the UI."
    Blizzard's fault. Yeah, the official stance is that it isn't. It still is.
    Unlikely (I don't like saying "impossible") that addons can fix it. How are you going to un-taint a tainted variable? Doesn't work that way.

So it can't be fixed unless Blizzard does something about it, is that what you're saying? That would suck because if blizzard says it's not their fault nothings going to happen :<

Deleted
    It can be fixed by avoiding any form of Blizzard code. The easiest solution to catch this bug is making use of the DropDownMenu code. Nearly every addon with a GUI config will use the Blizzard dropdown menu. That is where the horror begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomazooma View Post
    The latest version of BlizzBugsSuck addon should stop this if you're really annoyed with it.
    Can someone confirm that this addon works? Would be amazing cause i'm getting headaches from that bug :/

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    Rushed to use it right away tbh
    But it didn't seem to work for me.

Deleted
    I can't count how many arena games I've lost cause of that bug!
    I ALWAYS forget the actionbars going ghost mode in arena after /reload.

But, now I learned to /reload before every damn arena match - Still it sucks big time!

its not just the DropDownMenu code that triggers it, UIFrameFlash also triggers the taint. so annoying