Poll: Gnome Druid?

Thread: Gnome Druids

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Here's another argument: gnomes are so tiny, nobody would be afraid of a 1/3 meters tall 'bear'.

Quote Originally Posted by FraQture View Post
    How would Gnome Druids make any sense? Please to explain...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. Gnomes are very removed from nature, I'd say. They focus on creating mechanical alternatives to nature.
    Steam punk druids!
    Then pandarian druids would make more sense, after all.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I'd love to see the trav- I mean cockroach form in action

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post

Anyways, my horrible racism aside, this is the worst idea since I heard someone suggest gnome paladins. It's bad enough we have dwarf paladins
    You mean it's bad enough we have Tauren paladins. :P

Gnome paladins would make perfect sense though, every paladin ability can be explained through the use of gadgets and engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    You mean it's bad enough we have Tauren paladins. :P

Gnome paladins would make perfect sense though, every paladin ability can be explained through the use of gadgets and engineering.
    I'm not much into lore and stuff, but isn't paladins suposed to be super duper good guys? Not to have their magic explained by gadgets? <.<

I want a panda DK! None of my chars can be pandas
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I'm not much into lore and stuff, but isn't paladins suposed to be super duper good guys? Not to have their magic explained by gadgets? <.<

I want a panda DK! None of my chars can be pandas
    Eh, Goblin shaman totems are basically steampunk gadgets no? Afaik paladins don't really have to be totally good as such though, if their conviction is strong enough Light will still serve them (like the Scarlet Crusade or even Blood Elf/Tauren paladins).

I'd support gnome druids if - and only if - their shapeshifts involved jumping into and piloting bear, cat, moonkin and tree mechs. With bubble cockpits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes love mechanical things, not nature, in fact they are pretty much the complete opposite. Unless your gonna have a gnome wondering around in an "iron man like kitty suit" there is no link, and even the whole iron man kitty thing would be a stretch :P

Edit, I did happen to find this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=40CwkRrFqfU#!

Gave me a giggle.
    Last edited by Paq; 2012-12-07 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    This is one of the combinations that would make least sense actually.

Gnome hunters? sure. Gnome paladins? I can accept that. Gnome druids or shamans? No.

only if they give them unique forms like instead of bear they get sewer rat and instead of a big cat the get a tabby...or instead of a tree the get a bush

Natural Druid, No. Tech-Druid, yes. They should get a mechanical suit at specific levels that turns into a machine version of the druid. It would still be an instant shift, and work a bit like the ironman suit. Essentially a mechanical bear, cat, moonkin, tree, hawk. I think the mechanical suit would be an awesome invention

The majority of druid spells have a leaf or vine effect that gnomes just can't pull off.

I would however like to see mechanical hunter pets, which could be created by engineers and sold on the auction house for hunters. Make some kind of revenue maker for engineers. I really don't care if Gnomes become hunters or not but I am not against them.

I'd play a Troll that turned his back on the Loa and worships the god of gizmos, gadgets and what nots, packs a robo pet, Rifle with scope and mechanical mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    This is one of the combinations that would make least sense actually.

Gnome hunters? sure. Gnome paladins? I can accept that. Gnome druids or shamans? No.
    Paladins, wearing heavy armours. I never understood why they are able to become warriors or Death Knights. A tiny .. thing sure won't be able to hold such a heavy armour.

Gnome armor is a lot lighter than human armor simply because it is smaller. A gnome in plate probably has more endurance than a human.

Deleted
    Well, the new "mechanical" 5.1 pets include a robo-bear cub and a robo-kitten amongst others. Those would make perfect gnome "druid" forms..

....but they wouldn't (and couldn't) be druids... Maybe a "mechanical shapeshifter"/technomancer class, or something like this could do the trick..?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    only if they give them unique forms like instead of bear they get sewer rat and instead of a big cat the get a tabby...or instead of a tree the get a bush
    And instead of healing themselves, they would die.

If gnome could be druids, so could goblins.
    And someone said this before cata launched but:

Gnome/Goblin + Druid = Transformers = Awesome.

So yes PLEASE.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Neither are goblins, but they can be hunters AND shaman.

Im positive when players hit 100, that will be it. So in the process of wrapping up, why not let go some restrictions and allow stuff like Gnome hunters, Draenai warlocks, or do a fraction split ala Panda with blood/high elves?
    Goblins are shamans because they are "Elemental engineers" wich make alot of sense.
    They use the elements to gain a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    Goblins are shamans because they are "Elemental engineers" wich make alot of sense.
    I think "Businessman" is a better description. Shaman work by asking, coercing or forcing the elemental spirits to do their bidding, something Goblins certainly aren't bad at.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    No they aren;t "elemental engineers". They negotiate contracts with the elements as opposed to typical binding or enslavement done by other shamans. Proof of this is Initiate Goldmine's contract with the fire elemental in deepholm. They wheel and deal, they aren't "elemental engineers".

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    No they aren;t "elemental engineers". They negotiate contracts with the elements as opposed to typical binding or enslavement done by other shamans. Proof of this is Initiate Goldmine's contract with the fire elemental in deepholm. They wheel and deal, they aren't "elemental engineers".
    The shaman trainer in the goblin district in Orgrimmar certainly has that title.

But I don't say that you're wrong.
    Last edited by Korrah; 2012-12-07 at 07:06 PM.